Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DEER DABO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

DEER DABO

Nov 18, 2014, 10:39 AM

You say you truly love Clemson. I believed you.
You say you're a player's coach. I believed you.
You say we've been very unfortunate this year. I believed you.
You tell us Cole brings everything to the table that we need to win. (crickets)

Three out of four. That's about how often we can believe what you say. Some may call that great odds...say that you're an honest guy. A stand-up person. But my daddy taught me something a long time ago.... "if you lie once, you're a liar."

I stopped believing you this year.
I stopped believing that you know how to use the talent available to you.
I stopped believing that you can give way to loyalty and play the best player.
I stopped believing that you understand what is expected of a D-1 head coach.
I stopped believing that you can build this program up from the trenches out.
I stopped believing that you can look the fans in the eye and tell us the whole truth.

From now on, I'll do what I pray all Clemson fans will do. I will rely on the numbers to tell the truth. Numbers don't lie.

Your numbers suck.

Numbers don't lie.

You do.

The End.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which numbers are you referring to specifically?

Nov 18, 2014, 10:40 AM

coots and fsu numbers, yes

a lot of other numbers are fantastic

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Which numbers are you referring to specifically?

Nov 18, 2014, 10:43 AM

Ignorance knows no bounds.

Him, or me?

Nov 18, 2014, 11:06 AM

TIA

Not sure I care about the numbers....

Nov 18, 2014, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Which numbers are you referring to specifically? ]

asking him "which" numbers and then pointing out that our numbers against quality opponents aren't as good supports this guy's claims.... who cares if we beat up on high school teams. We lost to freakin' GA TECH!!!
nuff sed.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

We lost to "freaking" GTech cause our best player

Nov 18, 2014, 11:04 AM

got injured early.

Do you honestly think we lose that game if Watson plays the entire time? We were about to go up 10-0 in the 1st quarter. Our defense held them to something like 16 points in the entire game, it probably would have been less if Watson had stayed in.

That's just a fluke game imo, something you can't really plan for

But my point is that the OP said a broad brush statement about Dabo's numbers sucking.

Yes we have some work to do against our rivals, but in my mind winnning bowl games agaisnt quality opponents like LSU and OSU, having one of the longest winning streaks against unranked opponenents in the nation, winning an ACC championship, having multiple 10 win seasons, having an incredible graduation rate with his players, and a lot of other stats can not and should not be completely overlooked.

I mean I had enough of losing to these same "high school teams" when I was a student with Bowden at the helm, thanks very much

I'll take these current issues any day than going back to being worried about losing to maryland or BC

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

I have always been partial to 8.

Nov 19, 2014, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Which numbers are you referring to specifically? ]

but I don't want to see it as the number of wins at the end of the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

link to numbers?***

Nov 18, 2014, 10:42 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: link to numbers?***

Nov 19, 2014, 12:26 PM

http://bit.ly/LcVCcp

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: DEER DABO

Nov 18, 2014, 10:44 AM

Please step back off the ledge and get ahold of yourself!!! We will be fine!!!

While i understand your frustation***

Nov 18, 2014, 10:46 AM

I must ask. You no lie? Ever in your life?

why are people asking for numbers...there are plenty

Nov 18, 2014, 10:48 AM

The guy is right... here are some to LOOK UP YOURSELVES!

Dabo's record against top 25 teams
Dabo's record against top 50 rated defenses
Dabo's record in margin of victory over top 25 teams
Dabo's record against anyone named Paul Johnson or Steve Spurrier

Re: DEER seattletiger***

Nov 18, 2014, 10:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Deer TD bandit***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nov 18, 2014, 10:50 AM

I won't go as far as SeattleTiger, but I do agree with his statements on Dabo/Stoudt. Where in h3ll are they coming up with these proclamations that Stoudt is still a great QB?? Dabo and/or Chad have to be the only two people in the universe that are either that blind, or just that ignorantly loyal. I've moved beyond thinking they're just covering for him for is confidence, or even that they're being paid. Is Stoudt some Make-A-Wish project and asked that his final wish be to play a year as the Clemson QB? Is he Dabo's illegitimate love child? Did Cliff Stoudt entirely bankroll the Westzone? There's no way that any other team/coach would continue to put someone so bad in charge of a D1 offense. I truly don't understand. Maybe after the year is over, Dabo tells us there was some reasoning for it all along - that's my only hope.

Nov 18, 2014, 10:50 AM

UH!

Wow - Guess you have to give up your ALL IN chip.***

Nov 18, 2014, 10:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes I regret reading certain posts

Nov 18, 2014, 10:54 AM

This is one of those times. Thank you for your thoughts Mr. Perfect.

While you're reading the numbers, read this...

3 CONSECUTIVE 10 WIN SEASONS!!!!!!

Re: Sometimes I regret reading certain posts

Nov 18, 2014, 11:00 AM

Yep I Agree,

I just wasted a portion of my day on another dumper

The reality is that

Nov 18, 2014, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Sometimes I regret reading certain posts ]

Cole is our only choice. After DW went down hurt what choice did we have? He's the guy we have. He's played well enough to win several tough games for us. He had a terrible day at GA Tech. But again, he's all we have. There is no other option. Nick has played like 30 snaps for his career.

Like it or not, Cole is what we have. Next man up and he needs to play better. But he's the only option at this point.

If DW can't go I'd rather take my chances with Cole and our defense rather than a very inexperienced third stringer.

Maybe play Nick a good bit against GA State and see how he performs. But sorry, I trust Dabo and CM to put the guy who has performed in practice this week on the field. The guy who wins the job should play. Guess I'm a pumper but I like what Dabo has done for this program. We are at a point where we are consistently a top 15 team and can play with most anybody. Tough year this year with injuries. Not an excuse but just a fact that we are a limited team offensively because of injuries.

Defense held GA Tech's offense to 16 points. We win that game without the turnovers. Dabo didn't throw those picks. And he started the guy who had been fairly solid. Not sure any coach in the country would have done anything different against Tech. ANY coach would have put Cole in as the guy when DW went down. Again, he was our best chance but didn't perform on that particular day.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:02 AM

> You say you truly love Clemson. I believed you.
> You say you're a player's coach. I believed you.
> You say we've been very unfortunate this year. I
> believed you.
> You tell us Cole brings everything to the table that
> we need to win. (crickets)
>
> Three out of four. That's about how often we can
> believe what you say. Some may call that great
> odds...say that you're an honest guy. A stand-up
> person. But my daddy taught me something a long time
> ago.... "if you lie once, you're a liar."
>
> I stopped believing you this year.
> I stopped believing that you know how to use the
> talent available to you.
> I stopped believing that you can give way to loyalty
> and play the best player.
> I stopped believing that you understand what is
> expected of a D-1 head coach.
> I stopped believing that you can build this program
> up from the trenches out.
> I stopped believing that you can look the fans in the
> eye and tell us the whole truth.
>
> From now on, I'll do what I pray all Clemson fans
> will do. I will rely on the numbers to tell the
> truth. Numbers don't lie.
>
> Your numbers suck.
>
> Numbers don't lie.
>
> You do.
>
> The End.

Go away fool you are so stupid it is not funny.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is not here to explain things to you or I

Nov 18, 2014, 11:03 AM

He is here to coach and say the things publicly he thinks is best for the program. Im sure what Dabo really thinks and wants to say differs in a private conversation among trusted friends over what he says publicly at a press conference. In his presser he is simply saying what he thinks his team and players needs to hear. He is saying things that he thinks possible recruits need to hear. Agree or not, he seems to think that a calming reassuring voice, and positive outlook that things will be ok is more beneficial to his players than publicly demeaning them or being negative. He seems to think that a guy who is struggling with confidence may need a pick me up that he has not given up on him. Even if Nick Schuessler does start, what happens if he gets hurt and we have to turn back to Cole. Based on the lashing we saw Cole getting on the sidelines, im sure in practice there is a lot of critiquing and coaching going on and its not Kumbaya. I think Dabo is just choosing to publicly stand by his players. His numbers certainly dont suck, as you say numbers dont lie, back to back top 10 seasons and 3 straight 10+ win seasons say hello. And how times have changed when a 8-9 win regular season is looked at as the wheels coming off.

Re: Dabo is not here to explain things to you or I

Nov 18, 2014, 11:24 AM

Amen brother. Well said. I remember lots of years where we're 6-6, 7-5, etc....Dabo has changed that. The facts are that we are a much improved program with Dabo. That's not very hard to see.

The only team I see much different from us is Alabama over the last several years. They are the only team that has consistently been a notch above everyone else. Other than that, I've seen us play toe to toe with anybody. Will we win all those games? No. But we have won many and we've been competitive in most.

I'm a pumper I'm sure but I'm behind what Dabo has done. I wouldn't trade him. He does things the right way, wins consistently, graduates his players, and wins and loses with class. No one else I'd want running this program. IMHO.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:17 AM

Coaches are politicians. They say to the public the things they have to say. Going negative on your only QB in the press, while honest, hurts the team. Lying is part of the job. If you want honest, you need a caustic coaching legend who does not care what fans, players, or anyone else thinks or how that affects the locker room psychology. You need the OBS.

If your daddy taught you that, he's a liar.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:19 AM

I'm sure that there has been a time he told your mom "you don't look fat in those jeans" or "no you didn't burn dinner." I'm sure he told you "sure son, I'm proud of you."

After all, if you lie once, you are a liar.

and if you have to resort to talking aobut someone's father

Nov 18, 2014, 9:08 PM

then you're just sad. hate I even read your post. But that was pretty classless. What if that guys dad just passed away, is mentally challenged, or maybe, just maybe, a really great dad.
Honestly... smh.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

And down goes Frazier!

Nov 19, 2014, 12:24 PM [ in reply to If your daddy taught you that, he's a liar. ]

Beautiful sir, just beautiful

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 9:32 PM

Wow, better be careful, ninth grade is going to be a killer for you.

Hey SEATTLE tiger...........

Nov 18, 2014, 9:35 PM

When's the last time you attended a Clemson game?? His numbers suck? 40 wins in the last 4 years? More then any Clemson head coach, 3 10 win seasons IN A ROW? But his numbers suck? Come to a Clemson game or stay on the west coast, until then shut your mouth!

You're an idiot

Nov 19, 2014, 12:11 PM

I'm in Seneca now. Haven't missed a home game in 7 seasons. However I WILL miss this weekend because my wife is very sick. I'm an IPTAY member, 1985 graduate and have a son enrolled there now. I'm on the volunteer alumni team for each home game and own 8 seats in the WEZ and 4 in Section F on the 50 yard line. So criticize my opinions all you want, but stop being a fool by calling out someone you know nothing about. You sad sad little piece of nothingness.....

I think we "know" each other.

Nov 19, 2014, 12:14 PM

I sit in front of Sherry and Ryan. Are you the family right behind them they are always talking and laughing with?

Too funny. Yes, that's us. Section F, right?

Nov 19, 2014, 12:17 PM

Tmail me and we'll chat. I think I "know" you too...

Yep he shoulda said, Cole sucks, we're screwed

Nov 18, 2014, 9:37 PM

with that clown at QB. We're just gonna forfeit the SC game if Watson can't go. You people are really stupid and can't get why you can't get IT

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic