Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Tajh Boyd makes NFL debut on Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

FB Update: Tajh Boyd makes NFL debut on Saturday

Aug 16, 2014, 10:30 PM

Tajh Boyd makes NFL debut on Saturday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was bad

Aug 16, 2014, 10:55 PM

Hate it for Tajh but that was just not the type of showing he needed to stay with the Jets as the number 3 QB. Hopefully he keeps working hard and gets another chance! Man I HATE that!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the bad game he had in the FSU game......

Aug 16, 2014, 11:10 PM

last year is something he never really got over - he just hasn't had the confidence and/or focus the NFL requires - have also read that his passing skills just aren't strong enough either. I do hope he gets a chance somewhere but I don't think it will be with the Jets.

I don't see how he avoids practice squad now

Aug 16, 2014, 11:28 PM [ in reply to It was bad ]

As much as I hate it. But from what I understand from tweeting with Jets fans, the incomplete passes were all bad throws and not just 3rd string receiver problems. Simms has played fair in preseason and there's no reason to think the Jets would not keep him in the 3 spot for now.

Re: I don't see how he avoids practice squad now

Aug 17, 2014, 6:34 AM

Sounds like he'd be fortunate to just make the practice squad.
Keep your chin up Tajh.
GO TIGERS,

I watched it

Aug 17, 2014, 8:41 AM [ in reply to It was bad ]

after scouring the internet for a "free" stream and a few passes were very bad. That being said, he threw a very nice bullet that would have been 10 yards or so but it bounced off the receivers hands. The ground game did nothing for him to buy more time, they gave geno a full 2 quarters and brough vick in after the half...I wish they would have given Tajh a bit of time to get in the zone. I'm pulling for him

Re: It was bad

Aug 18, 2014, 3:43 PM [ in reply to It was bad ]

It was bad

Yep

I hate it for Tajh, because he's such a good guy with a lot of talent, but

Aug 17, 2014, 9:48 AM

His mentality makes it hard to succeed in such a stressful environment against elite talent.

For clemson fans, there is a silver lining to this though. It highlights that we won despite some very bad decisions/throws from Tajh throughout his career. The biggest reason for SCars streak had been inferior qb play. Like I said earlier this summer, I expect the offense to preform better under Cole.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have been losing to SCU because the team has played bad..

Aug 17, 2014, 10:05 AM

as a whole. If Cole Stoudt was better than Tajh, he would have already been playing. There is a reason Tajh had the lock on the QB starting position the past 3 seasons. And the Jets are historically the worst destination to end up for a QB. How Tajh does in the NFL has nothing to do with the way he played in college. And you're way over the top in exaggerating mistakes Tajh made while here. All you can do is bring up a handful of mistakes and ignore all the great plays he made at Clemson. But, go ahead continue hating a great Clemson QB who helped us win our first ACC title in 21 seasons and our first Orange Bowl win in 32 seasons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If not for Anthony's INT, Boyd's mistake could have lost the

Aug 17, 2014, 10:35 AM

Orange Bowl.

Tajh was average.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He set the OB record for most total yards....

Aug 17, 2014, 10:37 AM

I will take that average any day. If, if, if, is all you have. Tajh was great.

Or take back his 49yd run for TD to start...***

Aug 17, 2014, 6:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Or, or, or, or...

Aug 17, 2014, 6:32 PM

Just admit what you are.

Huh? I'm agreeing with you with regards to Tajh's impact in

Aug 17, 2014, 6:37 PM

the Orange Bowl...you idiot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your opinion really doesn't count. You are so blindly emo

Aug 17, 2014, 10:00 PM [ in reply to We have been losing to SCU because the team has played bad.. ]

that everything you say is badly slanted.

When reasonable people see phrases like "hating a great QB" as a response to a normal post, they automatically label you as unreliable.

Re: I hate it for Tajh, because he's such a good guy with a lot of talent, but

Aug 17, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to I hate it for Tajh, because he's such a good guy with a lot of talent, but ]

You're just trying to validate your hatred for Tajh that is based off of the scar losses. Scar won bc we were out coached. I'm sure you call for the backup qb every year but we will be very lucky if Stoudt plays with the poise that Tajh did AND has the passing and short yardage legs that he also brought us. He won quite a few big games for us in a fashion we have never had the pleasure on seeing.

There are always fans calling for the backup....

Aug 17, 2014, 10:24 AM

you see them every season. Over the years I have heard people calling for Willie Simmons to start over Woody Dantzler, and Will Proctor to start over Charlie Whitehurst. So it's no surprise to see Tajh haters, when we had fans who wanted backups starting over 2 other of the best Clemson QB's ever.

However, with a good number of Tajh haters, there is another aspect that drives their hatred of Tajh, which if you just think a little you can figure out this aspect easily.

Did you seriously just play the race card?***

Aug 17, 2014, 10:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say anything about that.....

Aug 17, 2014, 10:45 AM

You just exposed yourself. Now we know why you hate Tajh Boyd so much. Your response tells us a lot about you and your feelings toward people different from you.

How can I be bringing up the race card, when I didn't even mention it? You brought up the race card, because of the guilt you feel inside from your feelings toward people that MAY be different from you.

I'm not a Tajh hater but seems obvious that you race-baited.

Aug 25, 2021, 5:12 PM

Your plainly race-baiting post and took-the-bait-gotcha response are so funny that I can't tell if you're joking. (But I think not.) If you weren't race-baiting, then why did you write the following cryptic statement, rather than simply stating your perceived driver of hatred?

However, with a good number of Tajh haters, there is another aspect that drives their hatred of Tajh, which if you just think a little you can figure out this aspect easily.

That could have meant anything...

Aug 17, 2014, 3:25 PM

like Cole Stoudt is 6'4", while Tajh is 6'1". All though the aspect I was referencing to was Tajh's ethnicity, my statement was completely vague. It could have very well meant that some people like taller QB's. I left it very vague, because some people aren't able to carry on an adult discussion about a whole lot of topics. Your reaction just goes further to prove my point. It was a person who feels guilty about their feeling towards certain groups of people, that reacted so quickly to it.

It's not race-baiting, when it's the truth. There are certain Tajh haters, that don't like Tajh just because we never beat SCU with him. But there a number of Tajh haters, where Tajh's ethnicity plays a factor in their hatred of him. It's sad, but true. I've known about this aspect since the spring game of 2011, and I have never mentioned it before on tnet. What made me bring it up, is all of the non stop ridiculous hate certain fans have towards Tajh.

Re: That could have meant anything...

Aug 17, 2014, 3:37 PM

You're full of shit if you think what you said was vague. Knowing your background and the typical tone of your rants here, everyone knew what you meant. Save the bullshit for someone stupid enough to believe it.

Rants? You're the one ranting...

Aug 17, 2014, 3:52 PM

Your reaction doesn't surprise me. Like I stated before some people are just unable to have adult conversations. You don't know me, so therefore you don't know my background. Some people are just full of hate and you happen to be one of those people. You're completely classless. I'm glad you don't represent the common Clemson fan. Dude, you really need to seek therapy.

You're out of your element, Donny.***

Aug 17, 2014, 10:04 PM

You just admitted that you race-baited but want it both ways

Aug 17, 2014, 5:59 PM [ in reply to That could have meant anything... ]

You act like only a racist would assume that your cryptic (but obvious) comment referred to racism, but then you just admitted that you were referring to racism!...

"All though [sic] the aspect I was referencing to was Tajh's ethnicity..."

It's funny to berate people for correctly interpreting exactly what you obviously meant, instead of making some conceivable but improbable misinterpretation.

It's like the old joke...
Joe: You know what they say about guys with big feet. Jim: Big members?
Joe: Gosh, you have a dirty mind. I could have meant anything, like big hands. (But yes, I was referring to big members.)

It's so silly that I thought maybe you were joking.

If you want to make an original post about racism, do so. But when a person makes a legitimate critique about a player's play (like John Gruden or the poster above did), please don't drag racism into it.

Quit twisting what I stated. It's not race baiting when...

Aug 17, 2014, 6:18 PM

it's a true statement. And you're right, it was a racist who assumed my vague statement meant that. You're just going in circles, making no sense. It was by no means obvious. It's only obvious to people who are prejudice because they are constantly consumed with their hate. I wasn't even going to state what it was. But it struck a chord with someone who has hate in their heart.

Sorry, it's not legitimate criticism, when you are making stuff up to fit your viewpoint. I didn't drag racism into it, the people who are racist dragged it into the conversation with their hatred of Tajh. I could have brought this up 3 years ago when I first noticed it. But I never brought it up until the non stop hatred towards Tajh continued on and on, on tiger net. I just pointed a certain aspect of why some Tajh haters hate Tajh. Now it's not true of all Tajh haters, but for a certain group of Tajh haters it is true.

LMFAO, wow, you're delusional.

Aug 17, 2014, 6:28 PM

You clearly meant because Tajh is black. That's the only clear interpretation you were trying to imply. Stop pretending you didn't mean that or anyone interpreting it that way is racist...

Not gonna argue with you about it....

Aug 17, 2014, 6:31 PM

it was vague, it just struck a chord with people like you and tigerdrummer because you of your feelings towards people who are different than you.

It wasn't vague at all.

Aug 17, 2014, 6:36 PM

And it doesn't "strike a chord" with me...glad you think by me posting what you clearly meant to imply (and openly admitted) makes me a racist as you've called me.

Facts of the matter are, you said most Tajh haters don't like because he is black. Those are your words. You got called out on using that accusation. Now you're just TDing every post in response to you and calling everyone a racist who tries to call you out on your wrong (which is funny because the reason you used for being "vague" is they cannot have an adult conversation (pot, meet kettle)...

And I don't like Tajh because he didn't make good decisions under duress. This was actually a common negative on his part, direct from a few NFL scouts at the Virginia game...but sure, I'm sure it's because he's black like you think.

The dude is a whacko, clearly.***

Aug 17, 2014, 10:02 PM

^^^ Was there racism in that joke? ^^^

Aug 18, 2014, 10:53 AM [ in reply to You just admitted that you race-baited but want it both ways ]

:)

Message was edited by: Tiger8693®

^^^ Holy Crap ^^^

Aug 18, 2014, 10:51 AM [ in reply to I didn't say anything about that..... ]

Wow. That's all I can say.

In my opinion, the main reason(s) Tajh stayed as the starting QB were his heart and leadership; and the lack of a serious big back for short downs. If we had a Gurley, or a Mike Davis, we would likely have seen more of Cole Stoudt. Yes, a white guys. Geez, am I racist now?

Sad...

Aug 18, 2014, 3:28 PM [ in reply to I didn't say anything about that..... ]

First of all, how many "Tajh haters" do you think are out there? I have heard and read critiques of his play, but not the man. He is awesome and has been a tremendous representative of our great university both on and off the field. But as bad as I would love to see him start in the NFL, I think he has an uphill battle. Secondly, I think it is sad that there are still fans at any school that want a QB (or coach) of a particular skin color. Thankfully, I have seen a lot of improvement in my fifty years. Thirdly, you are obviously a huge Tajh fan (as am I). But in 2014 you should be able to read criticism of his play without bringing up race (thinly veiled or not).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it because everyone in the stadium knows who he's passing the ball to

Sep 26, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to There are always fans calling for the backup.... ]

before the snap?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of those turnovers were a result of coaching. Got it.***

Aug 17, 2014, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate it for Tajh, because he's such a good guy with a lot of talent, but ]

You mean Sammy subbing as QB was Tajh's fault?

Aug 17, 2014, 4:08 PM

We were driving and about to stuff it in the endzone giving us huge momentum and the advantage. Playing from behind did lead to some pressing from Tajh, buthe should have never been in that situation. Did he play perfectly, no.

Hatred for Tajh? Emo much? Calm down, child.***

Aug 17, 2014, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate it for Tajh, because he's such a good guy with a lot of talent, but ]

CU has 48 wins over the same 5 years span

Aug 17, 2014, 10:46 AM [ in reply to I hate it for Tajh, because he's such a good guy with a lot of talent, but ]

Clemson won those games as a team ... and the *team* lost those 5 games to SCAR.

It's hard to deny that Tajh was streaky in his performance, but when he was on (which was often) he was a great QB ... one who ranks by any reasonable measure as among the top 3 in Clemson history.

If the offense performs better this year under Cole Stoudt, it will be because the team is performing better. The offensive line will be offering better protection and the running backs will be running harder, taking the pressure off of the QB.

I guess the question for all who criticize Tajh would be ... if you could get another year of Tajh in 2014, would you take it? I think the answer for most fans would be #### yes!!

The race card? You know that's exactly what you meant

Aug 17, 2014, 12:07 PM

That's pretty d$&# low.
Now, to Tajh. Cant put the streak all on Tajh, that's unfair. I'd say he played horrendous in two of the last 3 losses sure, he played well enough to win last year, up until the last 2 drives anyways. They were looking for a miracle then. Tajh was a great QB for us, but he's had plenty of bonehead moments. We may have blown Oh St out had he not pulled that crap down at the goal line on his first pick.
I'd say he's very streaky. When he's on, he's on. Go back and watch the LSU game again. That was one of the most impressive performances I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I just don't think his talents transform very well to the pro game. He's not near accurate enough on the short to intermediate routes. He can be pressured into mistakes to often, and let's face it, the talent level in the NFL, ain't what he was seeing weekly in the ACC. I'll miss watching Tajh come out in orange every week for us and I am grateful for where
he left this program, in much better shape than he found it. I'm pulling for him in the NFL, I just don't think he's gonna make it.

No that's not what happened...

Aug 17, 2014, 12:42 PM

I left it very vague and didn't hint at all what aspect it was. The first person to respond to it, brought up the "race card" and showed his true feelings on why he hates Tajh. It's not "playing the race card", when it's a true aspect of why some of the Tajh haters hate Tajh. All I had to do was state their was another aspect to the Tajh hate, and it only took a short amount of time for one of the Tajh haters where that aspect is true, to respond because of guilt he feels about his feelings toward people who MAY be different than him

I've known about this aspect about the Tajh hate since the spring game of 2011, where people were saying Cole Stoudt was "the real deal", even though he was a true freshman that had a good amount of work to put in to be a starter. I haven't brought it up at all in 3 years.

You're just focusing on the handful of mistakes he made, and ignoring all the great plays he made for us, to justify your hatred for him.

LOL, you guys are so eager to shoot from the hip that you

Aug 17, 2014, 4:56 PM [ in reply to CU has 48 wins over the same 5 years span ]

don't even notice that you're responding in the wrong part of the thread.

My post was "pro-Tajh" completely.

The race baiting comment was made in a completely different part of the thread.

And yes, it was blatantly race baiting and completely transparent which was curious in a post that also referenced a time when fans were calling for Willie Simmons to replace Woody Dantzler.

Go figure.

Re: I hate it for Tajh, because he's such a good guy with a lot of talent, but

Aug 17, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I hate it for Tajh, because he's such a good guy with a lot of talent, but ]

Here's the deal with Tajh, he looked for the big/flashy play. Sometimes it was great and other times it turned out to be terrible, and whenever the offense felt like they had to keep up with the other team Tajh took it as a personal burden (reference FSU 2012). From what we have seen, Cole doesn't look for that play and goes through his progressions, but then he has never come into a game where we've been behind. My thoughts are our offense may be more consistent with Cole but have less "big plays".

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Where are you getting this going through his progressions...

Aug 17, 2014, 12:50 PM

better than Tajh from. He played against teams that were blown out and had given up. He was able to throw to wide open receivers, he didn't have to go through progressions. Chad Morris wasn't calling for big plays while Stoudt was in, because even though we score a lot of points, once we get ahead by a good amount we slow the tempo down and work on the clock.

It's funny on the one hand you're dissing Tajh for the false assertion that he only looked for big plays, then on the other hand you're dissing Cole Stoudt stating that he doesn't have the ability to make big plays, portraying him as a game manager.

The problem with Tajh is...

Aug 17, 2014, 12:10 PM

the short throws. He had the same problem when he was at CU. I love the fire and intensity and the deep ball throws that Tajh gave us for the last three years. But he has trouble with the short throws. Just rewatched the Georgia game from last year. He missed short yardage throw after short yardage throw in that game. Even the iconic throw to Sammy on the second td was behind him. In the NFL that would have been a pick most of the time. The DBs are too good. In the NFL the long balls to the outside are the iconic must make throws and Tajh can make those. He made them time after time in college. But it is the short yardage dink and dunks that most NFL defenses will give up but not the long ball. One makes a first down; one sets a scoring opportunity. Tajh has problem with those. I suspect (even though I am rooting hard for him as I think he is a quality QB) that he gets cut this week. Best of luck Tajh!!!

Tajh is good, not good enough

Aug 17, 2014, 12:57 PM

I like Tajh as a college QB, and particularly like him as a representative of CU, but I never thought he had the skills for the pros. Accuracy on short throws is a problem for him, and he makes bad decisions under pressure (see rolling into the Clowney sack; OSU last pass, etc.). I expect him to be cut.

I hope CU can find a way to get him back either with the football team or with the university. He has a personality and demeanor that represents us all well.

Yeah he made a lot of bad decisions against LSU when he was

Aug 17, 2014, 3:30 PM

getting knocked around the whole game by LSU's front seven. Oh, wait 4th and 16 conversion under heavy pressure, which led to the game winning FG.

I will always be a Boyd fan for life!!

Aug 17, 2014, 7:02 PM

I don't care if he never completes a pass in the pros. He was a great college QB that had great character and a super personality and passed for a gazillion yards with only a few Ints. He is welcome at my house anyday. If he is still trying to make the pros at 40 I'll still cheer for him. He could have went to OSU but came to Clemson.

We love you Fat boy!! To and seek you goal and trust when you come to Clemson we always stand by your three seasons of starting and winning 11 games. Auburn twice, Lsu, Bulldawgs and OSU along with FSU and a top ten VT three times and an ACC championship. He recruited hard for us and I trust Watson came because of Boyd. Come on, Go Tigers, stand behind our heroes!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Your style of argument is horrible. Really.

Aug 17, 2014, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Yeah he made a lot of bad decisions against LSU when he was ]

Nobody is saying that Tajh never had an amazing game. Nobody is saying that Tajh wasn't an awesome QB. sigh... I'm wasting my time. Why am I still typing?

fighting for a job and you complete one pass? that's no goo

Aug 18, 2014, 10:34 AM

good. But, the team also didnt do him any favors by playing him so late in the game either.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic