Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heisman - "Awarded to the outstanding college football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,255

Heisman - "Awarded to the outstanding college football

Dec 8, 2015, 9:03 AM

player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work."

All of the candidates are worthy of the nomination. There are many reasons that DW stands a little taller than the others; here's four:

1. Without him Clemson would not be undefeated. There is no other QB that could plug in to our offense that would have us where we are.
2. Bama has a loss. Stanford has 2 losses. Plug Gallman, or a number of other RB's, into Henry's slot in Bama's offense and with 40+ carries per game the numbers are similar. McCaffrey is a little different situation, but the same bottom line. The offense finds ways to get him the ball.
3. Watson touches the ball on every down and his decision making, in our offense, is critical. Sorry RB's, you either catch, run the ball, or block.
4. Perseverance and hard work - Watson had a debilitating knee injury last year. He didn't hang his head. Instead he worked hard through the off season and is now better than ever. Although, he missed a ton of practice, he was still able to become the best player in college football for 2015.

That's enough for me...hopefully it will be enough for all of the Heisman voters out there too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find it a little humorous when people say things like

Dec 8, 2015, 9:07 AM

"Any RB would have that many yards with that many carries"

Have you considered that there is a reason other running backs don't get that many carries? Getting 40 carries is not exactly an easy thing to do, regardless of how many yards are being gained.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you need to read the original post...I didn't say any

Dec 8, 2015, 9:28 AM

RB. For instance, I doubt that your coot RB's could...but Gallman, Cook, Elliot, Freeman, Fournette, and a host of others could....and Bama would still be 12-1. Name another QB that could plug into Clemson's offense and where we'd still be undefeated?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say you said that.***

Dec 8, 2015, 9:30 AM

Your quotation marks say different.***

Dec 8, 2015, 11:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah you kinda did...but no harm no fowl...wait yes fowl!***

Dec 8, 2015, 11:31 AM [ in reply to I didn't say you said that.*** ]

Also, I would not vote for Henry for Heisman.

Dec 8, 2015, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Maybe you need to read the original post...I didn't say any ]

It would be between Watson and McCaffrey for me.

I want Watson to win

Dec 8, 2015, 10:24 AM

But no one should be upset if McCaffrey is picked. Dude is dang good and put up some crazy numbers this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...Watson, McCaffrey, & then Henry...all have had

Dec 8, 2015, 11:28 AM

outstanding years. To me McCaffrey = Spiller except Stanford has a little better resume.

Good point. Lattimore didn't make it.***

Dec 8, 2015, 10:33 AM [ in reply to I find it a little humorous when people say things like ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Heisman - "Awarded to the outstanding college football

Dec 8, 2015, 10:44 AM

The story with his mother's situation and Habitat for Humanity only add to the story.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 8, 2015, 11:11 AM

What separates Henry and Watson is that Watson does so much more on every play. Henry is MONSTER (though I think as far as the draft is concerned he is probably not my first take) but he is tasked without run the ball, block or very rarely catch. Watson must motivate his team, check plays at the line, make sure people get lined up appropriately, make the proper reads, maneuver the pocket, manipulate the defense with his eyes, make great throws, and that is just as a field general/ passer. He also exhibits exceptional running ability and has proven to be one of the deadliest runners in the game since Manziel and is one of the best dual threat QBs and did it in less than a year after ACL surgery.

I think Jameis winning it discredits #4*****

Dec 8, 2015, 11:29 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2015, 11:33 AM

5. Is undefeated in all games he has started and finished.

Dec 8, 2015, 11:34 AM

6. Dominated USuC playing with a torn ACL last year.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,255
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic