Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Atheist lie about everything because they are not held to a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Atheist lie about everything because they are not held to a

Apr 18, 2014, 11:49 AM

higher standard like God fearing people. Last night on Hannity a guy representing the Atheist side on the argument told a huge lie on National TV. he said and I quote"Dabo Swinney goes into recruits homes and tells them if you are not a christian I do not want you on my football team." I find this statement so hideously false. If you make statements like that you better be able to provide names of recruits that this has happened to. Like I said Atheist do not have to answer to a higher calling so they just say whatever that supports their position. Both guest were falsely saying things about our program and it just tells me they read the press release from ffrf and took it as truth. I am sure this guy is sitting in his underwear in front of a computer in a 1 room apt sending out these false reports about our program. I do not think Clemson should answer these charges and give them the publicity they are looking for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Christian, seeing ignorant stuff like this is saddening

Apr 18, 2014, 11:53 AM

There are lots of Atheists that love to rile up any deist who will lend them an ear, but this is the same kind of thing you are doing.

Atheists can be spiritual without being religious. Atheists are anti-deists, but spirituality has such a broad range of definitions. Some atheists feel a profound connection to other humans, and that we are much more inter-twined than it would appear. This doesn't involve a God, but it has its own beauty that I can appreciate.

As Christians, it's important not to resort to the same tactics that the vocal minority within Atheism uses to antagonize deists.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You call the what the OP posted ignorant? Have you read

Apr 18, 2014, 12:05 PM

your answer??????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please do elaborate, I can't wait to hear your wisdom***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 PM

Re: I will bet that the majority of non God fearing people

Apr 18, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to As a Christian, seeing ignorant stuff like this is saddening ]

are opposed to these idiots.

I agree. The majority are sensible, private individuals

Apr 18, 2014, 12:15 PM

Also, a lot of them are afraid to even mention their beliefs, for fear of dealing with people like HotRod.

What is saddening are responses like yours. You can not have

Apr 18, 2014, 12:22 PM [ in reply to As a Christian, seeing ignorant stuff like this is saddening ]

it both ways. Either the guy told a lie or he did not. When you stand in the middle like yourself you get run over. Everything as it pertains to the Clemson situation has been false accusations to gain publicity. So based on that theory the Atheist involved in this situation are liars. I Hope that clears up my take on this matter.

Also if they are the minority as you say they are they sure push their beliefs into law. As a minority, I for one do not judge their belief. Do not throw the Atheist point of view in my face as I do not preach my Majority faith to Atheist or force it upon them as they try to do by law and liberal court rulings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This reeks of bigotry and self-victimization

Apr 18, 2014, 12:39 PM

I'll stand where I'd like, thanks. I refuse to stand against atheists, and am ashamed of those of you who are intolerant and close-minded.

> Also if they are the minority as you say they are they sure push their beliefs into law.

> Do not throw the Atheist point of view in my face as I do not preach my Majority faith to Atheist or force it upon them as they try to do by law and liberal court rulings.

This is just too funny. Religious morals absolutely seep into every corner of legislation. Even as a Christian, I can't stand this. I don't give a crap if a man wants to marry another man, I would buy alcohol legally if I could, and I don't care about countless other things fundies have legislated. And that's just me, a member of the majority.

You are silly, close-minded, and just looking to get angry at someone/something.

Buy alcohol legally on a Sunday, that is***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:40 PM

Re: This reeks of bigotry and self-victimization

Apr 18, 2014, 1:21 PM [ in reply to This reeks of bigotry and self-victimization ]

After reading your post, I believe your "moniker" is very appropriate. Congratulations!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes HE told a lie, but you can't generalize and say all

Apr 18, 2014, 1:07 PM [ in reply to What is saddening are responses like yours. You can not have ]

atheists just go around lying about everything. You took one man's actions and attributed that trait to millions of people.

Yeah, if he's lying, then screw him as an individual***

Apr 18, 2014, 1:14 PM

Uh, I know a lot of Christians that lie too

Apr 18, 2014, 11:55 AM

Just because someone is an atheist doesn't make them immoral.

Now that quote was a lie.

I like what Dabo is doing but let's not be so narrow minded.

So one atheist jerk lies on TV and that means all atheists

Apr 18, 2014, 11:55 AM

are liars? Some people don't need the idea of God to hold themselves to high standards. You can pick up strong morals from sources other than religion.

Re: So one atheist jerk lies on TV and that means all atheists

Apr 18, 2014, 11:59 AM

How so? Are you telling me that you can derive morals from respect for yourself and emphathy for humankind rather than fear of eternal damnation?

I'll have what you're smoking!

So we should be good people out of fear?

Apr 18, 2014, 12:04 PM

Why not just buy into Christianity and be good because that's what you want to be?

This concept isn't limited to deists. Atheists can want to be good, too. You don't need the fear of fire and brimstone to be a good person.

Maybe so. But without God, there is no basis for it. If we

Apr 18, 2014, 12:21 PM

just all exist because of some random accident, there are no laws that apply. NONE.

Correct, but that doesn't conflict with what I said

Apr 18, 2014, 12:48 PM

You can be Christ-like without believing in Christ.

Can you not see the beauty in a person who goes out of their way to be good, when there is no "incentive" (in atheism) to be good?

Re: Correct, but that doesn't conflict with what I said

Apr 18, 2014, 1:43 PM

SquishyWaffle, your second paragraph is absolutely "intellectual idiocy" in the very words you wrote. Sir, with all due respect, you need to get a grip and start to understand how all things come together rather than trying to fractionalize them to fit your particular belief.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool story, bro. What specifically is your problem?***

Apr 18, 2014, 2:19 PM

Re: Cool story, bro. What specifically is your problem?***

Apr 18, 2014, 2:38 PM

You state: "Cool story, bro. What specifically is your problem?" None that I know of except a little arthritis in my old age. I think I know your problem and I expressed it - intellectual idiocy!! Get back to your graphics table and continue your "expressive intellectual superiority" that no one cares about!!! Have a nice day!!!

You have yet to raise any kind of point. Just attacks.

Apr 18, 2014, 3:00 PM

Seems like you have nothing to say...

Re: You have yet to raise any kind of point. Just attacks.

Apr 18, 2014, 3:14 PM

You have raised a lot of points and none of them are interrelated or cohesive. That's okay. Have a nice day!!!

Except the ones that you can get thrown in jail for.***

Apr 18, 2014, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Maybe so. But without God, there is no basis for it. If we ]

The most Christ like man I ever knew was a professor of

Apr 18, 2014, 11:57 AM

Geology at Wofford College and an atheist. I was his lab assistant for two years and came to know him well. He was kind, generous, selfless, unselfish, and honest! He loved and cared about others deeply. No one knew the many things he did to help others except those who were closest to him. So, I humbly disagree with your statement. You paint with far too big of a brush.

Tiger/Terrier

Great post!***

Apr 18, 2014, 11:58 AM

Alain de Botton fits this description

Apr 18, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to The most Christ like man I ever knew was a professor of ]

I heard a segment on NPR with him talking about his new book, "Religion for Atheists". As soon as I heard the title, I rolled my eyes and prepared to be bashed. But what followed really surprised me, in a positive way.

Alain goes on to talk about the beauty of the world's many religions, and that there are so many positive things to take from them. Music, art, morals, and even spirituality (just without a Deity).

http://www.amazon.com/Religion-Atheists-Non-believers-Guide-Vintage/dp/0307476820

It's OK to open our minds a bit, even if we can't agree. The vast majority of Atheists are cool people who aren't out to pick fights or belittle deists. Just like with Christian fundamentalists like Westboro Baptist Church, every group has its nimrods.

Re: The most Christ like man I ever knew was a professor of

Apr 18, 2014, 12:08 PM [ in reply to The most Christ like man I ever knew was a professor of ]

He might have been the "greatest person ever" but he wasn't "Christ like". An atheist doesn't believe in Christ, so you can't make that comparison. I'm sure he would be offended. Also, you need to meet more people.

Your close mindedness keeps you from understanding

Apr 18, 2014, 12:14 PM

Your rhetoric reeks of defensive ignorance. You don't need to believe in Christ to adopt most of Christ's morals. Christians aren't the only ones who can be good in this world.

Atheists who choose to live like Christ without having the threat of eternal damnation hanging over there head are in a way a lot more legitimate than many Christians who are "good" because they have to be.

> Also, you need to meet more people.

As a Christian, I'll pray for you. Your ignorance is embarrassing and shameful. If we're talking about Christ and goodness in this thread, you have failed to follow his example.

Re: Your close mindedness keeps you from understanding

Apr 18, 2014, 12:23 PM

You are very confusing. You claim to be a Christian, but you are very defensive of atheists and of anything you don't agree with. Kind of like how you defined my actons. You also don't seem to grasp what I said. I never mentioned he wasn't a good guy, but calling an atheist Christ-like is kind of ironic.

I am less legitimate than an atheist? Wow.
As for your last sentence; Do you think Christians are all butterflies and flowers and won't defend their faith? Wrong. Please pray for me since you obviously have a more direct line than I do.

One last thing, saying you are a Christian doesn't make you one any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Too funny

Apr 18, 2014, 12:42 PM

> You claim to be a Christian, but you are very defensive of atheists and of anything you don't agree with.

Go on ahead and say what you are thinking, don't cop out. I want everyone to see how petty you are.

> I am less legitimate than an atheist? Wow.

What? Reading comprehension fail.

> One last thing, saying you are a Christian doesn't make you one any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

If you think I care what you think of my spirituality, you think yourself far more important than you are.

He is not saying that. You can be a good person, but you are

Apr 18, 2014, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Your close mindedness keeps you from understanding ]

still not a Christian. And morals come from a higher power. If there is no higher power, then what you think is moral has no, zero, relationship to what I think is moral.

Re: He is not saying that. You can be a good person, but you are

Apr 18, 2014, 12:47 PM

> You can be a good person, but you are still not a Christian.

I'm not arguing this, perhaps you misunderstood.

I'm arguing the flipside, you can be a good person without being a Christian.

> And morals come from a higher power

That's a very narrow definition of "moral" that I (and many others) disagree with. Let's take the dictionary definition:

"moral - concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character."

Not a word about a higher power to be seen.

Re: Your close mindedness keeps you from understanding

Apr 18, 2014, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Your close mindedness keeps you from understanding ]

Just as you have, SquishyWaffle. As I posted earlier, your post border on "intellectual idiocy" because you want to fractionalize everything and they are all intertwined in our humanity and beliefs. Yes, other religions do have some Christ like beliefs, but none have him as the center of their belief, and I guess we will all see how that comes out on judgement day, well, if you believe in judgement day.

As a Christian, I will pray for you in your condemnation of an earlier poster for his "alleged failure to follow his example." I believe there is a Bible verse that you need to read on that!!

This is the arrogance we as Christians should avoid

Apr 18, 2014, 2:21 PM

> Yes, other religions do have some Christ like beliefs, but none have him as the center of their belief, and I guess we will all see how that comes out on judgement day, well, if you believe in judgement day.

There are thousands of other religions on this earth, and you have the arrogance to suggest that only yours is "Right".

That is intellectual idiocy and arrogance.

Re: This is the arrogance we as Christians should avoid

Apr 18, 2014, 2:51 PM

Nope, my choice is after much, much study and belief over my 75 years of life and I believe I will stick with it and take my chances. You state the following "There are thousands of religions on this earth, and you have the arrogance to suggest that only yours is Right" - Nope, not the arrogance, but the study and belief!!! You have mentioned that you are a Christian - let me suggest a book you get reacquainted with and it begins like this - "In the beginning". If you would stop some of your pseudo-intellectualism, you may learn something!! Have a nice day!!

Apr 18, 2014, 3:01 PM

So because you, hinds1962, believe in one thing, anyone else who disagrees is wrong?

Ignorance and arrogance at its finest.

Apr 18, 2014, 3:11 PM

Nope, never said everyone else is wrong, just said I will take my chances on what I believe. SquishyWaffle, do you have a problem with reading and comprehension? Most liberals do have that problem - just watch Bob Beckel on Fox "The Five". Have a nice day!!!

Christ like has less to do with what you think. There are

Apr 18, 2014, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: The most Christ like man I ever knew was a professor of ]

Those who think they know everything about Christ but act nothing like him (maybe like your statement). I am in my sixties young man. I am a retired Air Reserve Chaplain and industrial chaplain as well. I met enough people to make a valid observation.

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Wofford sure has changed then. I remember when the

Apr 18, 2014, 12:09 PM [ in reply to The most Christ like man I ever knew was a professor of ]

Methodists would have sent his butt packing.

Re: Wofford sure has changed then. I remember when the

Apr 18, 2014, 12:16 PM

Well, much credit to them then if they have changed. I personally WOULD WANT my kids to hear as much as possible from people with different backgrounds and beliefs. How else will they know what they believe holds any water? Because we told them so...not good enough to TRULY believe something IMO. Anything else is just habit.

Re: I am not arguing that point.***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:19 PM

This is so stupid

Apr 18, 2014, 11:58 AM

Yeah, let's just generalize an entire group of people. Moran

Re: Atheist lie about everything because they are not held to a

Apr 18, 2014, 12:00 PM

I'm a Christian, but your statement is complete BS. Just because someone is not a "god fearing person" does not make them incapable of being moral, ethical, etc. Now maybe that particular person lied (I don't know)...but to make a generalization like that is completely baseless. Do we need to count the number of times "god fearing people" have used the name of God/Jesus for purely evil purposes? It's a lot....

Some people need to step away from their computer***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Stopped reading at 'Last night on Hannity'***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:16 PM

So, what did you think about what Rachel said last night.***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:26 PM

Didn't watch - they are both on extreme ends, thanks though***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:32 PM

An atheist may hold their reputation as a reason not to lie.

Apr 18, 2014, 12:17 PM

And a Christian may lie like a dog.

If you take the word of someone professing to be a believer over a professed atheist without knowing their motivation, you set yourself up for a life of misrepresentation.

Does an auto repairman become more trustworthy because he puts that Icthus symbol on his Yellow Page ad?

I know self-professed agnostics and atheists I would trust in matters of the secular well above some who claim Christ. Jesus himself said that many would deceive in his name.

In short look at the man, not the label.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

re:

Apr 18, 2014, 1:32 PM

"you shall know them by their fruits."

Do not base your knowledge of people

Apr 18, 2014, 12:50 PM

on any guest of Sean Hannity. They are never reflective of mainstream views.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Atheist lie about everything because they are not held to a

Apr 18, 2014, 1:51 PM

So the only reason you don't lie, steal, murder, rape, and cheat is because you fear the wrath of God? That's not morality. Morality is not doing those things simply because they're wrong and hurt others.

Amen Coothater!! Very well put! Very well said!!

Apr 18, 2014, 2:07 PM

I will always take up for anyone willing to take up his/her cross for Jesus.

O my!

Apr 18, 2014, 2:11 PM

Nm

Tiger/Terrier

He was in good Company with Hannity. Like looking

Apr 18, 2014, 3:04 PM

at himself in a mirror

Replies: 54
| visibility 1