Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Your First Encounter With a Coot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,335

Your First Encounter With a Coot

Nov 15, 2020, 3:17 PM

The post on when you committed to Clemson got me thinking about the first encounter I had with a Coot. This memory flooded back today after thinking about the earlier question.

We lived in Raleigh NC and in 1981 our next door neighbor, this big loudmouth Coot fan named Jack would always be out in his driveway or working in his garage playing Jerry Clower tapes loud. My parents would sometimes have them over and play cards and drink. One Saturday evening my friends and I all aged 12-13 were playing poker using candy as our wagers. I remember Jack coming over to the table where the kids were playing and saying he would show us real poker.

So Jack slapped down $5 and joined the game. I somehow lost the hand to the guy and pushed my pile of candy to the dude and he said no I owed him $5. I think he was likely kidding just busting my balls, but my Dad came in and told me you lose a bet you pay it, no argument. So I bust into my life savings of like $8 and pay the guy. Jack took my cash and went back to playing with the adults and they drank the rest of the night and my $5 was gone.

Later in 1988 at Clemson, I remember coming home for Thanksgiving and my Dad told me that shitbag Jack had been arrested for embezzlement and tax evasion. I hope the guy ended up blowing felons for protection. Have hated Coots ever since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your First Encounter With a Coot

Nov 15, 2020, 3:36 PM

Well, I had plenty of Coot classmates as a kid, so I don't really count them as we were all little snots, but I do recall the first real adult encounter with one. That was my third grade teacher, who was quite possibly the meanest old ##### to ever walk the face of the earth. I think she was Satan's grandmother. She kept a paddle on the wall even though they weren't allowed to paddle kids any more. She seemed to take pleasure in humiliating kids.

She was a diehard ####, and when she learned I was a Clemson kid, she dialed up the cruelty. She was noticeably meaner to Clemson kids.

To make matters worse, that was in 1987... the "Rodney" game. She let us hear about it the next Monday.

My poor sister had her the next year, so the woman got two years in a row of tormenting Clemson kids from the same family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Your First Encounter With a Coot

Nov 15, 2020, 6:02 PM

I don’t remember my first encounter with a coot, it’s extremely rare for a coot to say anything worth remembering.

I do remember my last encounter. Friend of mine who’s son went to school with my kids, grades 1-12. Friend is a coot graduate and now a professor at TCU. I saw him about 3 years ago at a HS function and he commented on Clemson’s success. I asked him what was the general alumni opinion on Chump. He said, “I pretty much only follow TCU football now”.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a Drive-Thru

Nov 15, 2020, 3:55 PM

He asked me "Would you like fries with that?"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was getting on the ferris wheel at the county fair

Nov 15, 2020, 6:08 PM

in Jacksonville Florida when I was 6 and he was the one letting people on the ride.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,335
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic