Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow! Our 18 player class currently ranked #3 by Rivals ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Wow! Our 18 player class currently ranked #3 by Rivals ...

Jun 22, 2018, 11:38 AM

Meanwhile, SCAR (reported to be killing it in recruiting this year) is only ranked #9.

Apparently Rivals is higher on the guys we're currently signing than a lot of our own fans.

We are still in on some of the highest rated guys in the country to add to this #3 ranked class.

We can take as many as many as 12 more guys in this class and you can bet that the most highly regarded ones are yet to come.

This is going to be a terrific class top to bottom when February rolls around.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow! Our 17 player class currently ranked #4 by Rivals ...

Jun 22, 2018, 11:59 AM

The classes right now are ranked on quantity not quality.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This coot is right^***

Jun 22, 2018, 12:08 PM

Re: This coot is right^***

Jun 23, 2018, 2:29 PM

A912...do you realize what you just said???

Hahaha.??????

Message was edited by: insanetigerfan08

Re: This coot is right^***

Jun 23, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to This coot is right^*** ]

That's an oxymoronic statement my tiger friend.

Message was edited by: insanetigerfan08

He was talking about USuC's graduating class vs Clemson's...

Jun 24, 2018, 3:43 PM [ in reply to This coot is right^*** ]

LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2018, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow! Our 17 player class currently ranked #4 by Rivals ... ]

Coot , your classes are ranked on how many HS football players want to throw away 4 years and a shot at recognition .

Please don't talk about the football … leave that to fans of a team who's history doesn't look like a textbook example of futility .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 22, 2018, 4:05 PM

Are you serious with this post? This makes You sound deluded and ignorant. I get that we are rivals and all, but everything should be a little ribbing with no harm. You and countless other act as if this is a world war and we are some terrorist enemy and we are garbage, trash, a joke, nothing real, etc... You consistently say people and athletes who make a conscious decision to attend our university must have some sort of brain disease or some sort of condition that prohibits judgement. That goes far beyond a little ribbing. I don’t do it to you guys. Clemson is a fine university and has great academics and athletics program. You don’t see me $h1tting all over clemson. I am respectful as a person and I’m just here to see another view and different opinions than being around the same peers and gamecock alumni with the same thinking as myself. I see you do it with your own clemson fans too. This is a free country with free speech, but when someone posts something that isn’t #AllIn or orange koolaid or disagrees with you, they are called a “Coot”, slammed, and given a thumbs down and it makes you feel like an internet tough guy when it is finished. Let everyone who is here have their own voice and opinion and don’t crap all over those who see things differently than yourself.

You are correct and no you don't do that

Jun 22, 2018, 4:24 PM

but then again Clemson's head and shoulders above S.Car in every ranking besides WBB, academics included. Kinda wouldn't make much sense to mock Clemson would it?

I'm not sure if you've caught on to this yet or not, but this is kinda a Clemson site...Expect this.

We don't swim in your toilet, so please don't pee in our pool.

Re: You are correct and no you don't do that

Jun 22, 2018, 4:26 PM

Well I’ve had countless T-mail messages from respectable posters giving me props for coming on here and posting my views and opinions. I was told not to take half of the posters on here seriously, that they’re ignorant.

LOL at tmales from “respectable posters” praising a coot troll.

Jun 23, 2018, 1:51 PM

Dude, half the people one here with “Tiger” in their username are coots, bro.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I’d like to introduce you to the Internet bro.

Jun 22, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow! Our 17 player class currently ranked #4 by Rivals ... ]

Where grown men act like little #######. If you came to Tigernet (or any fansite) looking for respect, you will be disappointed.

I’ve had my issues with TNet, as you can see by my pulse. And I’m an alumni. Can’t take it personally. Most of these trolls get their kicks out being internet badasses. And heavens to Betsy don’t dare use facts or state a contrary opinion, unless you can stand the blow back.

Re: I’d like to introduce you to the Internet bro.

Jun 22, 2018, 4:29 PM

Dude,

I like you already. You get it. Literally get it. Thanks my friend! A rational poster that understands, and I agree with you thatbhalf of these guys sit behind their keyboards getting their kicks for being able to be a mod and an Internet e-tough Guy. Thanks for chiming in!

Jun 22, 2018, 4:32 PM

This is how I picture half of the posters on here ??????

Jun 23, 2018, 1:55 PM

And yet here you are. Like the proud pathetic loser that you are, ever seeking the validation from your big brother that you’ve always craved and hoped you’d deserve someday, yet always staying just a pathetic, grasping, loser.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

There are only 3 mods on the site. Do you even know what a

Jun 22, 2018, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I’d like to introduce you to the Internet bro. ]

mod is?

Learn to internet better brah.

Jun 23, 2018, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow! Our 17 player class currently ranked #4 by Rivals ... ]

U Keep at it, they'll come around

Jun 23, 2018, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow! Our 17 player class currently ranked #4 by Rivals ... ]

Jun 22, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow! Our 17 player class currently ranked #4 by Rivals ... ]

Clemson commits will probably get a ratings boost. I'd say they're good at evaluating talent.

Jun 23, 2018, 2:18 PM

I agree many will be bumped but I'm only taking partial comfort from that. You don't know whether the bumps come from senior year performances and re-evaluations or whether they are getting a Dabo bump- as in they are thinking, "I don't see it but CU coaches are pretty good at this and rather than look foolish down the road, we'd better add a Dabo star."

I just remember how this was done in the past for SEC teams and Spurrier in particular- recalling a 5* receiver based on one all-star catch who never played receiver for SCar and an undersized RB from Conway or MB.

To be honest, I'd prefer to get the guys that require a bit less evaluation skill- a few more of the already-polished diamonds- like we did last year.

Jun 22, 2018, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow! Our 17 player class currently ranked #4 by Rivals ... ]

In Rivals:

USuCk has 15 commits with points totaling 1441, ranked #9

Clemson has 17 commits with point totaling 1665, ranked #4.

If you take away Clemson's 2 lowest ranked commits, leaving 15 commits, the new point total would be 1575, ranked #5.

If you take away Clemson's 2 newest commits, again leaving 15 commits, the same number as USuCk, the new point total would be 1515, tied for #7. Still better than USuCk.

It's not just quantity. We're still waiting on Bentley, Phillips, Booth, Ngata, Crouch, Jones and Webb.
(OK that was one too many :))

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Meanwhile in cootlumbia...

Jun 22, 2018, 12:10 PM

Message was edited by: Bigorange93®

So many 3star guys because of so many early commits

Jun 22, 2018, 12:12 PM

. I guess because of the early signing period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So many 3star guys because of so many early commits

Jun 22, 2018, 12:25 PM

Thats what I was thinking. I believe the "lower star" recruits will be eager to commit earlier now for fear of being squezzed out. I mean, if you are a 3 star and get an offer from Clemson why in the world would you not go ahead and commit, esp since we dont seem to do the patented SEC pull the offer stunt.

Many of those guys will be 4* by the end of their Sr. season***

Jun 22, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to So many 3star guys because of so many early commits ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't know about "many" but i think a couple could be***

Jun 22, 2018, 1:59 PM

There are four on the "cusp" of 4-star right now.

Jun 22, 2018, 3:01 PM

Cash
Rayburn
Johnson
McGuire

They're 5.7 when 5.8 = 4-star.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Jun 22, 2018, 3:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Couple of these guys will get a bump up to 4 before too long

Jun 22, 2018, 12:31 PM

also if we do get a couple blue chippers which i'd bet that we will, will cause us to increase in rank.

unfortunately it really is just quantity right now for

Jun 22, 2018, 12:56 PM

The most part instead of quality. But it also stands to reason in a year we have more scholarships we should expect more of them to be three stars than in recent years.
Still we are filling needs and one would think with facility improvements and our continued trips to the football final four we would be in contention for elite athletes and for whatever reasons we aren't seeing this.
Flame away but there are rumors why this is happening but just mentioning some on here would not be wise.
One I'll mention is we are in on several bigger names and some of those usually wait to announce at all star games or pressers late in the recruitment process.
I think we've grown accustomed to getting mainly four or five star athletes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If you ain't first, you're last" ... Ricky Bobby's Daddy***

Jun 22, 2018, 1:15 PM

Jun 22, 2018, 1:49 PM

3.35 average is not good..needs to be 3.55 or greater.

That's an arbitrary figure that you made up, but

Jun 22, 2018, 3:05 PM

Let's wait and see how things shake out in February.

Jun 22, 2018, 2:01 PM

The reason Clemson can take so many 3* players is the number of returning starters with playing experience (ie. Wilkens, D Lawerence, Bryant, Ferrell, Eteine, Higgings, etc). We have time to develop talent instead of needing player who can start in August. See below

***** Elite Prospect. Day one starting potential as a true Freshman. Prospect is considered a ‘mismatch’ in talent, skill or ability to opposing positions. Prospect has demonstrated outstanding ability, technique and knowledge of the game well beyond his peers and will be an immediate impact player in college.

**** Excellent prospect. Prospect has demonstrated excellent physical ability and technique and knowledge of the game. Prospect has the potential to start as a true freshman and make an impact.

*** Good prospect. Prospect has above average physical ability and demonstrated skill. Prospect will contribute to a program and will probably earn a starting job eventually but still needs some development in at least one aspect of game to be effective at the college level.

** Average prospect. Prospect has demonstrated average ability, skill and football acumen. Prospect will require development in one or more aspects of game before being able to contribute as a significant level.

* = Unknown Prospect. Not enough information to evaluate.

Now up to ** #3 ** after yesterday!***

Jun 23, 2018, 1:34 PM

Re: Wow! Our 18 player class currently ranked #3 by Rivals ...

Jun 23, 2018, 8:21 PM

because we have 18 moron

Your 15 including a 5-star only good enough for #9. Why?***

Jun 24, 2018, 8:36 AM

And what do you mean “We” ...

Re: Wow! Our 18 player class currently ranked #3 by Rivals ...

Jun 24, 2018, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow! Our 18 player class currently ranked #3 by Rivals ... ]

Coots don't get to use the word "we" when referring to Clemson. Man, you guys are dumb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic