Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As an ND fan...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

As an ND fan...

Dec 29, 2018, 3:22 AM

...and, a subscriber to Irish Illustrated, I wanted to say that ND fans certainly respect all that Clemson has accomplished. They really do. A good number feel that Clemson has the upper hand, but if Book is on, we would have a game. Book finished the year with a 70%+ completion average, and he has some big receivers to whom to throw. Also, Clemson may be looking ahead to Bama. We will see. Buona Fortuna!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are not looking ahead to Bama...

Dec 29, 2018, 3:25 AM

If we get beat it will be Book against our secondary and TLaw throws 3 picks. Best of luck tomorrow and may the better team win!!!

Some fans maybe but not the team. Orange britches means

Dec 29, 2018, 4:58 AM

Championship. They are all business. Go Tigers

You'll like this. Some years ago, I asked my Dad,

Dec 29, 2018, 5:17 AM

who was raised in Virginia, why there has been a national facination with Notre Dame.

He said that the ND football games were the primary games broadcast on the radio, so people got used to listening to and supporting the Fighting Irish...even over schools closer at hand. That is, ND was a national brand long before most other programs.

Your school and program has a long, rich history, and despite other opinions, I think it's a bonus for Clemson to meet you on the gridiron, even over Bama and Oklahoma. I do believe at some point Notre Dame will become a full member of the ACC, which to me is a better fit than membership in the other conferences and even better than remaining a football independent.

As to our game today, I tend to favor viewing without prior braggadocio or bombast. We should win, but then again, I'm not on the gridiron nor the sidelines nor have some special connection "upstairs." Hence, let the game begin!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You'll like this. Some years ago, I asked my Dad,

Dec 29, 2018, 7:55 AM

One thing for sure today ..... they can’t blame it on the rain!

Or can they?

Dec 29, 2018, 8:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As an ND fan...

Dec 29, 2018, 8:48 AM

I'm old enough to remember "Rocket" Ismael and HC Ara Parsegian, and ND was a team that I liked to watch. Over the years other teams caught up with their level of recruiting and leveled the playing field. ND had the best of both worlds and it continues today. We can only hope that someday, the CFP committee decides that if you do not WIN your CC game, then you are excluded from consideration for the CFP. Then, and only then, will ND capitulate and throw their hat in the ring and join a conference like those on "The ROY Bus".

Dec 29, 2018, 9:17 AM

As long as Notre Dame has to go undefeated I’m ok with them getting in. O310, Alabama, and OU have all gotten in with 11 wins and no conference championship, so to say ND has some unfair advantage to other teams by not playing in a conference is not entirely true.

Dec 29, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: As an ND fan... ]

Notre Dame is not in a conference because of religious persecution and prejudice, which force them to play a national schedule. Ironic how the people that tried to keep them down made them into a powerhouse. They also have never played down a division they play 12 legit games every year teams in conferences usually play 2 cupcakes unles you’re in the SEC then it’s 3 GO IRIsh ??

Dec 29, 2018, 9:40 AM

Notre Dame is in a conference in ever other sport so please don't with that. That may have been the reason years ago but money is the reason right now.

Dec 29, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: As an ND fan... ]

Eh... scheduling Ball State, Navy, Vanderbilt, and Northwestern isn’t exactly setting the world on fire, unless it’s a top mid-major there really isn’t much difference than playing a decent 1-AA team.

Dec 29, 2018, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: As an ND fan... ]

irishram1 said:

Notre Dame is not in a conference because of religious persecution and prejudice, which force them to play a national schedule. Ironic how the people that tried to keep them down made them into a powerhouse. They also have never played down a division they play 12 legit games every year teams in conferences usually play 2 cupcakes unles you’re in the SEC then it’s 3 GO IRIsh ??

Comical and ridiculous! It's because they have and want to keep the national TV contract/exposure/$$ with NBC.

Duh....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2018, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: As an ND fan... ]

Hmm, So ND is the only Jesuit institution to play collegiate sports? If it’s the Jesuits being percecuted, this is the first I’ve ever heard it having to do anything with conference affiliation... I attended a Jesuit institution for my masters degree. Never have felt persecuted or prejudged though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2018, 9:18 AM

I can guarantee you one thing, our boys are not looking ahead to the next game. They are focused, dialed in and will be playing with an edge. May the best team win. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2018, 9:26 AM

I was in Death Valley in 1977 when Joe Montana engineered the come back and at Notre Dame in 1979 when Clemson won. The ND trip was fantastic, great fans (they all wanted Charlie Baughman to get Dan Devine to take a swing at him), seeing the trophies in the Convocation Center and Touchdown Jesus! I was also at the 2015 Deluge in Death Valley! I am looking forward to another great game today.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2018, 9:31 AM

"a ND fan" and not "an ND fan". You can use "an" before consonants, but not as you did it there. It would work in, "I am getting an MBA". Your posts had me researching deep last night when I had insomnia.

Dec 29, 2018, 2:38 PM

Carlsbad® said:

"a ND fan" and not "an ND fan". You can use "an" before consonants, but not as you did it there. It would work in, "I am getting an MBA". Your posts had me researching deep last night when I had insomnia.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. My pet peeve is using "scared" (a verb) for "afraid" (an adjective)...aloha, Mike

Dec 29, 2018, 9:48 AM

ND will make some plays, but we will make more. We fans might look past you to 'hammer (not me), but Dabo will not let the team look past you. Hoping for a good clean game with no injuries to either team.

All the ND fans I’ve talked to in Dallas have been great.

Dec 29, 2018, 2:54 PM

Hoping for a good game.

Dec 29, 2018, 2:58 PM

Game On........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clemson never looks ahead

Dec 29, 2018, 3:02 PM

doesn't matter who we are playing. That is our culture. The team, not the fans. The fans look ahead except for leftie

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic