Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: LSU Preview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: LSU Preview

Jan 2, 2013, 10:50 AM

LSU Preview

LSU Review
Clemson's 25-24 walk-off win over LSU in Monday's Chick-fil-a Bowl was one of the most memorable in school history.

After the game, some said this was a "landmark win." Some have said this win will lead to bigger and better things. I am not sure what it means in the future b

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An amazingly accurate preview!***

Jan 2, 2013, 10:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

why are people thinking we wouldn't be top 10 next year?

Jan 2, 2013, 10:57 AM

I don't see how we can be ranked any lower than we are at the end of this season, unless both Boyd and Hopkins leave. With the talent returning on offense, and with a young defense that will have played together for a year, we should expect improvement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's simple

Jan 2, 2013, 11:34 AM

There are 14 SEC teams; everybody knows at least 10 of them should be better than everyone else in the country.

well...

Jan 2, 2013, 11:39 AM

the only one I can see being ranked higher than Clemson next year is Alabama, then maybe Florida- although I don't really think they deserve it, and really hope UofL beats them to prove it. Georgia loses a bunch of guys on defense, and they're losing a couple of their RS juniors as well. If Aaron Murray goes pro, which he very well may because this QB class isn't very deep, I don't see how they'll be ranked ahead of us at the start of next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well...

Jan 2, 2013, 12:11 PM

A few things might impact our ranking next year. We lose Ellington and what if Boyd and Hopkins both opt for the draft. Hopkins would not effect us as much as Boyd would. The pundits would then say we were starting the season with an inexperienced quarterback. Just my thoughts.

Re: well...

Jan 2, 2013, 4:17 PM

Hopkins put this team on his back.. Sammy wasnt very good this year, one because he started out bad and two because the other teams keyed on him.. however, Hopkins had his best two games.. Auburn and LSU when Sammy had no hope of playing,,, i wish Hopkins would stay.. but if he were my son,, he is gone....

You'll have 10 sec teams, TOSU and FSU ahead of us

Jan 2, 2013, 1:52 PM [ in reply to why are people thinking we wouldn't be top 10 next year? ]

but I wouldn't have it any other way. We have to go undefeated to get into the show so what's the difference? I don't need a young team sitting with a high preseason ranking all summer.

Re: You'll have 10 sec teams, TOSU and FSU ahead of us

Jan 7, 2013, 9:22 AM

I want us hungry with a chip on our shoulders because we didn't get the respect we deserved. Every week is a chance to make a statement, and we will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: LSU Preview

Jan 2, 2013, 10:59 AM

So proud of my REAL Tigers from the ORIGINAL Death Valley

Don't forget the much-maligned...

Jan 2, 2013, 11:47 AM

...Strength and Conditioning Coach's preparation.

Re: Don't forget the much-maligned...

Jan 2, 2013, 12:06 PM

This team is in excellent condition and I give credit to all the S&C guys for that. However, this team is still a long way from being as strong as they need to be. Don't confuse the two. I know since Dabo loves Batson, and we won the game, it means Batson is incredible and awesome and fabulous and wonderful.....
But note the OL got punked all night long until LSU wore out, which was fun to see. I don't know how anyone can watch this game and not see that we are still not "there" in certain phases of the game/program. Great win - ABSOLUTELY. Does it mean we've arrived - no.
I still have no idea why we can't spend part of the incredible amounts of money being poured into the football program to get an independent assessment of the S&C program. Some think it is great, some think it is terrible, some think it needs retooling (me); let's look at all aspects of OUR program (it is not 100% Dabo's, which is news to many) and see where our weaknesses are, address them the best we can and continue onto being an elite program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure why anyone would give you a TD for this

Jan 2, 2013, 1:41 PM

surely no Clemson fan would have a problem with externally auditing a few areas of the program? If everything is great, we should pass with flying colors, giving the "pumpers" more ammunition than they could ever use.

If only the person who TD'd had the wherewithal to respond to your post instead of silently giving the thumb of disapproval without providing any contrary argument.

Re: Not sure why anyone would give you a TD for this

Jan 2, 2013, 2:11 PM

It's just a sports site so I'm guessing the ranges of opinions run the spectrum.
All I, and most, want is an honest, fair and logical assessment of how to continue to improve our school and program. Dabo has done a great job and deserves TONS of credit for moving us forward as opposed to sideways (ie Bowden) but I'm going to keep asking to push the envelope. Maybe some, even Dabo, get irritated at that approach but it is the best way to continue to improve. Most NFL teams have a philosophy of dropping the bottom 20% of their players yearly, Welch at GE made that one of his core principals (although I think his was 10%). I see many great things with program and just want to continue the rise to being elite.
Everyone has a different approach and I realize mine is not overly sunshiny all the time but I care for this program as much as anyone.
Appreciate your post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: LSU Preview

Jan 3, 2013, 8:47 AM

Is bowl win a tombstone game?

Boyd was extremely tough out there

Jan 3, 2013, 9:12 AM

He took an absolute beating on the field but kept getting up and kept going. Very happy and proud for him. The OL did not do a thing to help him out. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic