Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: In-state LB accepts preferred walk-on status at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: In-state LB accepts preferred walk-on status at Clemson

Feb 22, 2016, 8:29 PM

In-state LB accepts preferred walk-on status at Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: In-state LB accepts preferred walk-on status at Clemson

Feb 22, 2016, 8:52 PM

Can't really go wrong with a walk on. If he never performs he doesn't get a scholarship. Venerbles might can polish him up.Wish we did this with other lower rated players. I know Dabo has a soft spot for the little guy who's not recruited but with renfrow this past year i have full faith in whoever the coaches recruit im just saying.

Re: Football Recruiting Update: In-state LB accepts preferred walk-on status at Clemson

Feb 22, 2016, 8:58 PM

If you had full faith in the coaches then you would not question who they recruit. BTW we get a five star for every project player we sign. I like the mix and fully support the staff

You would think that people would realize that Dabo KNOWS

Feb 22, 2016, 9:05 PM

what he is doing and doesn't need assistance in recruiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2016, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: In-state LB accepts preferred walk-on status at Clemson ]

I was in D325. When were you there

Feb 23, 2016, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: In-state LB accepts preferred walk-on status at Clemson ]

I did not question I just said I as in Me would prefer more walk ons instead of full offers with some kids. Like I said tho im not questioning Dabo and staff bc they are obviously doing something right.

Feb 23, 2016, 9:58 AM

you do know there is a limit to number of walk-ons you can have, don't you?

Feb 23, 2016, 12:14 PM

Yea just like there's a number of scholarship limits yes I know there are limited number of walk on spots. you say one hing and ppl jump all on you I just said I wish we did more walk ons not every person walk on or Dabo can't pick walk ons never came out of my mouth

Must have had a monster senior year.

Feb 22, 2016, 9:21 PM

12 sacks, 32 TFLs, 100+ tackles. Kid was dominant his last three years.

Feb 22, 2016, 10:04 PM

I go to a lot of Chapman games and I've watched him over the years. For some reason, players at Chapman get very little recruiting attention.

A couple of years ago Deebo Samuel was a WR at Chapman and got very little attention. He was rated a 2 star but if you saw him play he was an easy 4 star, borderline 5 star. He was going to end up at App Sta but got a late offer to Scar. He didn't do much this year because of injuries.

Holden is a project player with huge upside. He has the drive to potentially be a starter in a couple of years. He never gives up on plays and is excellent at reading the offense. If nothing else, he will lead by example with his work ethic.

He has good size, speed and strength. He was benching 300lbs during season and ran a 4.7/40. He's also an excellent student.

Here's an article with some more info:
http://www.scout.com/high-school/south-carolina/story/1474558-quick-hitter-16-chapman-lb-landon-holden

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2016, 10:39 PM

deebo didn't get attention because he was very late in the process when he finally got qualifying grades! when he got the grades most schools were full but scar was not and they offered and got him

Feb 23, 2016, 2:38 PM

Never heard that. He had an early offer from Vanderbilt but wasn't interested in playing there. I thought he was a solid student.

Went to high school at Chapman with his father...

Feb 22, 2016, 10:37 PM

who played football at Chapman and went to Clemson. If the saying "the chip doesn't fall far from the the block" has any meaning, this is it. Great family, great legacy. Will be fun to watch this develop. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Went to high school at Chapman with his father...

Feb 22, 2016, 11:19 PM

Local guy here who used to live next to Grady Holden, former school superintendent for D1. Any relationship there that you know of? Thanks

This is Mr. Holden's grandson.***

Feb 23, 2016, 11:30 AM

Feb 22, 2016, 10:59 PM

This is great! Welcome to the Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2016, 10:50 AM

This kid will play for us a lot down the road. He seems to make good decisions, nice solid tackler and with some time in S&C I could see him at 235 easily. While probably not a starter with all the talent ahead of him, you never know. Still, a quality backup guy to keep starters fresh wit not much drop off, yeah, I think so. Plus having more talented but non starters on ST is also a huge plus. I could see him making his mark on ST, and that will get you noticed.

Feb 23, 2016, 10:59 AM

These walk-ons are vital pieces. They show the team hard work and determination and many times are great leaders through that. Go Tigers!

Feb 23, 2016, 12:34 PM

RUDY RUDY RUDY RUDY

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic