Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here’s the thing about the catch reversal call
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Here’s the thing about the catch reversal call

Dec 29, 2019, 2:07 AM

I think it was a bad reversal tbh. But the play wasn’t that big of a momentum changer in the grand scheme of things. It was still 4th and forever after they reversal and Clemson punted.

Ohio State scored shortly after that to take the lead regardless.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll give you a month Orange level TNet subscription

Dec 29, 2019, 2:10 AM

if you go and post that on eleven warriors just so I can watch the replies roll in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here’s the thing about the catch reversal call

Dec 29, 2019, 2:13 AM

We didnt score on the next possession. Had we been up 9 points instead of 2 when you got the ball with 2:30 left, its a much different game.

SALTY TEARS ARE DELICIOUS.***

Dec 29, 2019, 2:17 AM

we would’ve only been down 2 after that defensive score

Dec 29, 2019, 2:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Here’s the thing about the catch reversal call ]

And gotten the call back then. We could’ve easily answered right back

Dec 29, 2019, 2:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Here’s the thing about the catch reversal call ]

You cannot say how the game would have flowed from that point on if you scored the TD there.

Maybe we go right down and score to take the lead and kick to OSU. Then OSU fumbles the kickoff. Maybe the Tigers win by more.

If and buts you see. I used to respect OSU but after listening to the whining no more.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 2:43 AM

Cant say how the game would have went had they not called targeting on a player trying to tackle a qb down 0-16 either

Dec 29, 2019, 3:19 AM

OhioSt15 said:

Cant say how the game would have went had they not called targeting on a player trying to tackle a qb down 0-16 either

That was textbook targeting. I’m not sure what everyone’s issue is with the call. If your upset the kid got called for targeting, how about not hitting a defenseless QB in the ear hole with the crown of your helmet?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 3:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Here’s the thing about the catch reversal call ]

Dude, that was the right call.

ARTICLE 3. Targeting and Making Forcible Contact With the Crown of the Helmet

No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rule 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-3:I)
Approved ruling 9-1-3

ARTICLE 4. Targeting and Making Forcible Contact to Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player

No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rule 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4:I-VI)

Note 1: “Targeting” means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

Launch—a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area

A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground

Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area

Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

Note 2: Defenseless player (Rule 2-27-14). When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to:

A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.

A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.

A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return.

A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick, or one who has completed a catch or recovery and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.

A player on the ground.

A player obviously out of the play.

A player who receives a blind-side block.

A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped.

A quarterback any time after a change of possession.

A ball carrier who has obviously given himself up and is sliding feet-first.

You would have been up 5 not 9

Dec 29, 2019, 2:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Here’s the thing about the catch reversal call ]

No way you go for 4th down with the lead; so you have gotten a FG there not a TD . It would have been different game, but not what you are imagining. You would have had a chance for a FG to tie and go to OT. I would have felt good going in to OT against a team that cant score TDs in the red zone, what about you?

Hey, buck, your persistence is kewl, but if you’re gonna respond to all the game threads...

Dec 29, 2019, 2:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Here’s the thing about the catch reversal call ]

You’re gonna be on T-Net til 2020.

While perusing the boreds, free to click on the ads for the ghey cruises. We really appreciate your support! And we don’t judge. If that’s how you roll, good for you! And if you don’t want to go alone, t-male Classof09. He’ll say yes. He ain’t picky.

??

~JKB

It was never an interception.

Dec 29, 2019, 3:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Here’s the thing about the catch reversal call ]

If it hadn't been ruled incomplete, it's a catch with forward progress stopped before the strip.

Clemson punts on 4tg down either way.

The Dobbins goal line play? Initially thought it was a TD, but the review looked like it was incomplete. That call could have gone either way, but it would have only been a 4-point difference and Clemson still wins by two points.

Regardless, the game was a war. Very physical by both teams. Ross, Higgins, Fields, Dobbins, and Okudah played injured and all contributed.

I have a lot of respect for OSU. With Burrow, Hurts, and Tua gone next year, LSU, OK, and Bama will drop off some.

That could end up with a Clemson-OSU rematch in the playoffs.

Happy New Year!

Dec 29, 2019, 2:26 AM

I 100% disagree TIP. That play, as the broadcast ref said, is meant to be primarily viewed in real time. Are you saying you would consider that a TD had Ross caught that in the endzone? There is no way! Stop it already! Go Tigers!!!

yeah in real time I thought it was incomplete

Dec 29, 2019, 2:29 AM

But the replay made it look like a catch.

The broadcast official called it right away and without any

Dec 29, 2019, 2:32 AM

... hesitation.

The game officials fully explained it in an interview after the game.

It was only controversial to those viewing through a bias.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The broadcast official called imt right away and without any

Dec 29, 2019, 2:37 AM

Not really. The fact that it is even controversial, means overturning the call was the wrong decision. There are members of your own board who thought it was the wrong call.

I had to take a #### after the play, saw the replay and determined we were good so i sent to ####, only to come back to see it overturned.

Yes, really. It doesn’t matter what fans say.

Dec 29, 2019, 2:45 AM

It was correct according to officials both in the game and in the booth.

Re: The broadcast official called imt right away and without any

Dec 29, 2019, 2:51 AM [ in reply to Re: The broadcast official called imt right away and without any ]

Man, if only you could control your bladder, y'all would be playing for the natty instead of us

but you're NOT !!

Dec 29, 2019, 2:41 AM

It was the correct call. In slow motion you could see it unfold as a catch then the defender knocking the ball out of his hand. The fact is that he did NOT have time to make a football move, not to even turn up field. I agree, I’d be mad too if I was the other fan base, but I couldn’t honestly sit there and say it was the reason we lost or it was the incorrect call that cost us!

might have been correct. Too close to overturn i think

Dec 29, 2019, 2:43 AM

If it was reversed I would certainly be mad it was overturned

Re: might have been correct. Too close to overturn i think

Dec 29, 2019, 2:45 AM

Then there must have been clear evidence that the catch process wasn’t completed and a football move wasn’t made. Which I thought all along. He didn’t even turn up field, let alone make a football move.

Officials are never going to blow a play like that dead.

Dec 29, 2019, 2:47 AM [ in reply to might have been correct. Too close to overturn i think ]

They will almost always let it continue and work it out on replay.

You blow it dead, you can’t go back and correct it if you’re wrong.

Dec 29, 2019, 3:23 AM

No. It was a good call. The ref in the booth explained it and it was correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic