Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a Difference a Little Over 10 Years Makes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

What a Difference a Little Over 10 Years Makes

Mar 22, 2020, 12:21 AM
75879.jpeg(114.5 K)

We don't hear anything about this. All we're hearing is how Trump is incompetent. Show this on your broadcast CNN and MSNBC!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a Difference a Little Over 10 Years Makes

Mar 22, 2020, 12:33 AM

Supposedly there will be a million cases in the US by next week, or so it is hoped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You won't read it but...

Mar 22, 2020, 2:17 AM

https://www.propublica.org/article/no-president-trump-the-coronavirus-is-nothing-like-h1n1-swine-flu-either

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And? Will there be a million cases in the US next week or not?

Mar 22, 2020, 3:27 AM

You do realize that ProPublica is a virulently partisan outfit with a donor list indistinguishable from that of NPR, right? But I’m sure they imagine themselves as brave firefighters rushing to carry the water for the left, as needed. And a certain segment of our society will lap it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 22, 2020, 7:46 AM

First, sorry I posted this under the wrong board and secondly, I know the time comparison is skewed as far as 2 months compared to a year.

Time will tell how this all plays out. Certainly, the number of deaths per confirmed cases has been a much higher percentage with the COVID-19/Chinese Flu as compared to the Swine Flu (also a Chinese Flu) or SARS (also a Chinese Flu).

What is common here?

Mar 22, 2020, 6:12 PM

Why would there be a travel ban? H1N1 originated in America....

Mar 23, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: What a Difference a Little Over 10 Years Makes ]

Common in that they are all a virulent strain capable of having a larger than normal fatality rate.

Mar 22, 2020, 7:55 AM

That mortality rate from that flu was nothing that extreme. .02%

It doesn’t surprise me that nuance and basic

Mar 22, 2020, 8:28 AM

statistics escape you.

Do you think H1N1 and Coronavirus are on the same level?

Re: It doesn’t surprise me that nuance and basic

Mar 22, 2020, 9:52 AM

I can statistically twist anything any day of the week to show what I want to, even make you look like the idiot you are.

FYI, this shows what a quick reponse has done because we can only speculate the carnage (up to now) of this deadly virus if the current government had waited 6 months to respond.

Mar 22, 2020, 10:53 AM

At least 98.5%of people who eat corn will die.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Mar 22, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: It doesn’t surprise me that nuance and basic ]

except, you know, he didn't take it seriously at all at first.

Mar 23, 2020, 11:51 AM

No. He urged everyone to be calm, and emphasized that we would be ok. In the background, he took action such as closing travel to/from China (for which he was called racist).
Leaders don’t panic. They also make decisions based on real time events. As the virus made landfall and began to spread in the U.S., he changed his course of action and language (as he should).
I think all of our leaders are doing the best they can in dealing with this unknown issue. We have to stop politicizing it.

Amen brother!***

Mar 23, 2020, 8:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: It doesn’t surprise me that nuance and basic ]

"I can statistically twist anything any day of the week to show what I want to, even make you look like the idiot you are".

Prove it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OH NO THE LIBRAL MEDIA IS AT IT AGAIN!!!!***

Mar 22, 2020, 10:46 AM

That's why people should always consider

Mar 22, 2020, 10:52 AM

..."the source". Unfortunately, lots of people have difficultly with objectivity.

The simplest way to vet information is consider the track record of the source providing the news.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 1:00 PM

Sometimes we debate to learn, sometime we debate to win. That attachment is factually wrong.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-declaring-national-emergency-concerning-novel-coronavirus-disease-covid-19-outbreak/

It only takes a couple of minutes to verify the veracity of something before it is posted. I wish more people would do so.

Mar 23, 2020, 11:25 AM

All shows you mentioned are liberial shows with nothing but liberal anchors. President Trump could save the world and the networks would find a reason to dislike President Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 11:57 AM

Please don’t confuse CNN and MSNBC with all these facts......they only deal with and operate on fake news.....Go Tigers!!!!

Mar 23, 2020, 9:10 PM

TIMELINE on H1N1 2009
April 15 1st case detected in US,
April 21 CDC started working on a vaccine
April 22 CDC opened Emergency Operations Center
April 25 National Health Emergency Declared - This allowed CDC to release antiviral drugs primarily oseltamivir to treat the disease
April 28 FDA approved new H1N1 test
August oseltamivir resistant strains of H1N1 are detected in the US.
September 15 FDA approved 4 H1N1 vaccines
October National H1N1 Vaccine Program rolled out.
October was peak of H1N1 cases

Information:
Mexico ended up with a total of just over 50,000 cases with 17,000 of those in October 2009. Mexico wasn't the problem. The problem was domestic, not foreign.

The disease attacked children(and later pregnant women) so CDC concentrated on trying to get school closures.
Getting funds from congress was a fight. Remember the economic situation in 2009. Obama threatened to use stimulus funds to fight the disease. Wall Street Journal, June 2, 2009 "Republican critics derided the proposal to funnel stimulus money into the flu response as an effort to turn the stimulus package into an all-purpose "slush fund,".
Same song as today, just different singers.

I'll see y'all late summer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic