Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump taking care of business.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 910

Trump taking care of business.

Jul 1, 2020, 2:27 PM

Despite being attacked 24/7 by everyone in the world that is butt hurt at any given moment; the president keeps America's interests first. This agreement is bigger than Pelosi, Biden, or Schumer's contributions to our country in a combined 100+ years of public service.

https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements/united-states-mexico-canada-agreement/fact-sheets/modernizing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You wont hear about it on the evening news....***

Jul 1, 2020, 2:30 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because no one knows if it’s a good deal yet.***

Jul 1, 2020, 4:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cries about "being attacked 24/7" and calls other people

Jul 1, 2020, 2:37 PM

"butt hurt" lol.

Funny that you think the deal is bigger than people in Congress since the USMCA was drafted and passed by Congress.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cries about "being attacked 24/7" and calls other people

Jul 1, 2020, 2:40 PM

Oh yea, congress came up with this deal on their own. Give me a break, without Trump NAFTA would last forever.

no ####. This was 100% Trump. I remember Nancy trying

Jul 1, 2020, 2:41 PM

to take credit.

I guess i missed her on all those negotiations with those countries.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do know that it's basically the same as NAFTA,

Jul 3, 2020, 1:34 AM

but with worker and environmental protections? The other differences are pretty insubstantial.

Re: Cries about "being attacked 24/7" and calls other people

Jul 1, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Cries about "being attacked 24/7" and calls other people ]

Remember when he made that deal?

Jul 1, 2020, 3:04 PM

Then backed out of it later?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dems could have had amnesty for even

Jul 1, 2020, 3:18 PM

Was agreed upon by all.

Jul 1, 2020, 4:59 PM

Then Trump changed his mind. That is not spin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was agreed upon by all.

Jul 1, 2020, 5:42 PM

They call this NAFTA 2.0.

Jul 1, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Cries about "being attacked 24/7" and calls other people ]

I doubt you could even explain what's different between this trade deal and the old trade deal, but you're really excited so enjoy your little moment.

Re: They call this NAFTA 2.0.

Jul 1, 2020, 3:19 PM

Why? I'm not the one with the Hugh G. Rection.***

Jul 1, 2020, 3:27 PM

He was just stating a fact

Jul 1, 2020, 3:38 PM

Re: Why? I'm not the one with the Hugh G. Rection.***

Jul 1, 2020, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Why? I'm not the one with the Hugh G. Rection.*** ]

here ya go!. The only thing that watered the deal down was a Dem controlled house....

The Benefits of USMCA
Jul 26, 2019
Access to Markets

Preserves and enhances U.S. duty-free access to Mexican and Canadian markets.
Agriculture

Increases market access for U.S. farmers with new export opportunities for U.S. dairy, poultry and egg producers.
Addresses longstanding non-tariff barriers to the ability of U.S. producers to export wheat and wine to Canada.
Prevents trade barriers disguised as food safety and animal or plant health measures by requiring such measures to be based on sound science.
Improves the transparency and functioning of approval processes for biotech crops.
Auto Rules of Origin

New rules will increase U.S. jobs in automotive sector by incentivizing production in the United States and North America.
By encouraging companies to use more U.S. content and high wage labor, USMCA will help ensure that U.S producers and workers are able to compete on a level playing field.
Currency

Requires transparency on currency policies and addresses unfair currency practices.
Customs & Trade Facilitation

USMCA will help reduce red tape at the border, reduce costs, and increase predictability for cross-border transactions.
Raises the “de minimis” customs thresholds under which U.S. businesses may export to Canada and Mexico with reduced paperwork and without paying taxes or duties.
Requires making customs regulations available online.
Digital Trade

USMCA will be the first U.S. free trade agreement with a digital trade chapter, creating a strong foundation for the expansion of trade and investment in innovative digital products and services.
Prohibits the imposition of tariffs on digital products transmitted electronically.
Financial Services

Expands market access for U.S. business to export electronic payments services, investment advice, and portfolio management.
Good Governance

Encourages regulations to be written in plain language so that the public can better understand their meaning.
Requires most regulations to go through a notice and comment and procedure so the public can see and provide input on proposed regulations.
Requires criminal penalties for bribery and corruption, including with respect to interactions with foreign government officials.
Intellectual Property

Secures strong protections and enforcement of intellectual property rights to help drive innovation and create economic growth
Includes 10 years of regulatory data protection for biologic drugs
Continues to provide strong patent protection for innovators by enshrining patentability standards and patent office best practices.
Improved protections for trade secrets, including civil and criminal protections, guarantees on the ability to license trade secrets, and protection from unauthorized disclosure by courts and government officials.
Labor & Environment

Provides the strongest labor and environment obligations in any U.S. trade agreement and makes them fully subject to the enforcement and dispute settlement.
State-Owned Enterprises

Imposes market disciplines and prohibits discriminatory privileges and certain subsidies.
Textiles

Strengthens incentives to use North American fibers, yarns, and fabrics in textile products.

Oh, I know google can explain the differences.

Jul 1, 2020, 4:12 PM

I don't think you could explain the differences because you don't really understand what it is you're excited about.

Re: Oh, I know google can explain the differences.

Jul 1, 2020, 4:23 PM

So you were born with the knowledge?

Sounds like the cost of goods just went up for Americans.

Jul 1, 2020, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Why? I'm not the one with the Hugh G. Rection.*** ]

I like making stuff elsewhere, it’s cheaper and Americans’ paychecks go further.

You like using that labor from children, sweatshops, labor camps,

Jul 1, 2020, 10:54 PM

Re: You like using that labor from children, sweatshops, labor camps,

Jul 1, 2020, 11:21 PM

dems prefer dependents

Well not children, sweatshops, or labor camps, but yes

Jul 2, 2020, 6:55 AM [ in reply to You like using that labor from children, sweatshops, labor camps, ]

to using adults that will work for cheaper. And to your last point, that’s why I made sure not to work in a manufacturing job that could be outsourced.

#### Donald Trump

Jul 1, 2020, 2:48 PM

and #### you.

Look at all the 12 yo's on the board***

Jul 1, 2020, 3:50 PM

"Despite attacking everyone in the world 24/7 that hasn't

Jul 1, 2020, 3:14 PM

firmly entrenched themselves up his butt"

Fixed the opener for you.

NAFTA 2.0. Don't hurt yourself back-flipping.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump taking care of business.

Jul 1, 2020, 3:21 PM

Best
President
Ever

Jul 1, 2020, 4:01 PM

It is a good thing, but I believe too little too late for the election. Between COVID and Trump being a synonym for law & order-->police-->racism in many people's minds, he will struggle in November.

Good chance of both big popular vote and electoral loss.

The media propaganda machine will be the big winner. And, humankind finds out again, that information warfare is very effective.

I'll be voting for Trump, but I'm setting my expectations now for a loss.

I give the Dem machine credit

Jul 1, 2020, 4:06 PM

The first NAFTA contributed to our great economy

Jul 1, 2020, 4:03 PM

in the late 90s-early 2000s.

Is this a better deal? Too soon to tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not so much if you were in manufacturing.

Jul 1, 2020, 4:07 PM

Or textiles.

Re: Not so much if you were in manufacturing.

Jul 1, 2020, 4:17 PM

Do you think this might have been offset by the reductions in consumer prices for the many manufactured items and clothing that occurred alongside?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True too. NAFTA pretty much killed inflation.***

Jul 1, 2020, 4:55 PM

Yes, at least until...

Jul 2, 2020, 6:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Not so much if you were in manufacturing. ]

Americans' unemployment ran out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but helped many other industries.***

Jul 1, 2020, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Not so much if you were in manufacturing. ]

The dot com bubble and it’s 400% nasdaq increase between 95 and 2000.

Jul 1, 2020, 11:35 PM [ in reply to The first NAFTA contributed to our great economy ]

Was the bright spot of the 90’s economy.

NAFTA gave us 600k job losses, a $54B trade deficit to Mexico that was a surplus in 1993, and contributes a whopping $400 per person to our $50k per person GDP.

We should have listened to Ross Perot on this and several other topics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I was fresh out of my finance education

Jul 1, 2020, 11:46 PM

I think holding inflation in check was NAFTA’s biggest

Jul 2, 2020, 7:33 AM [ in reply to The dot com bubble and it’s 400% nasdaq increase between 95 and 2000. ]

contribution. As far as jobs, there’s a lot out there but this is a pretty good read:

https://www.marketplace.org/2017/03/22/did-nafta-cost-or-create-jobs-both/

Jul 2, 2020, 1:41 AM

If he'd
- not pay off #### stars.
- not keep telling people that Ivanka has created 14 million jobs.
- not suck up to every dictator in the world and do favors for them.
- not ignore science and develop a national plan for Pandemic we're in.
- not pose with a bible in front of a church like an idiot.

- and thousands more like the above is why they pick on "poor mr. president" 24/7.

He's a walking target, he makes so many goofs it's not even fun anymore.

Jul 3, 2020, 6:39 AM

Yep he made a deal. One day we will find out if it's a good deal. Time will tell.

Replies: 39
| visibility 910
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic