Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
'That [the wall] is a political promise...'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 466

'That [the wall] is a political promise...'

Dec 13, 2018, 1:00 PM

Yes, that was Nancy Pelosi dismissing the validity of political promises. That's been the standard for my entire life. Check the 5:15 mark and the next few seconds to get proper context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wm-NtMkqz8&pbjreload=10

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 'That [the wall] is a political promise...'

Dec 13, 2018, 1:18 PM

Yeah the idiot who you support says Mexico is paying for our wall and he is the idiot. What does that make you? You thought Mexico is paying for our wall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What wall?

Dec 13, 2018, 1:38 PM

Whatsup with you? You're usually not one to insult people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What wall?

Dec 14, 2018, 5:54 AM

It is just so idiotic that anyone would think that Mexico is paying for our wall. It am not even throwing low blows. Anyone who really thought Mexico would really pay for our wall should no longer be able to vote. That would mean 80 percent of Trump supporters. Once Trump said Mexico paying for our wall, didn't you feel like an idiot supporting such a fool? Yet, you were so excited. It's laughably absurd.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:33 AM

You can generalize to put me in an extremely subjectively defined category of idiots but I refuse to believe you think I'm a '####,' or idiot. Most of the time when I think someone is wrong I state a clear case to clarify or even contradict them with good support for my understanding and position.

You ignored the subject matter, which is Nancy dismissing a campaign promise, in order to distract me with an insult. The concept is that campaign promises mean nothing to her and therefor they should have little to no meaning to the voters. Is that your position?

If a candidate is elected on other than his/her commitments to voters how, no, why would you support any candidate ever? Do you think voters should be required to read minds to know the intent of prospective leaders?

I don't get you, brother. You dashed thoughtlessly dashed right past the subject, insulted the POTUS (which is fine with me) but then you attacked me for delivering the message. Now, you go ahead and support a woman whose position is that voters should not expect politicians to be faithful to their promises and commitments to voters.

Dec 14, 2018, 1:21 PM

I am as anti-Trump as anyone, but I agree with you on this. It's important to try to debate with facts and avoid ad hominem attacks because once you attack someone you've already lost any potential ability to communicate effectively. It's true that most of us are entrenched in our positions and resist changing our mind, but it's not true 100 percent of the time.

I personally have never been a fan of Nancy Pelosi for two reasons. First, because I am a moderate on most issues and secondly because I've always gotten the impression that she is a bit vacuous and out of touch. I think it is important for politicians to make an effort to try to keep their campaign promises to a certain degree. In the case of the border wall, I think we can all agree that the underlying issue is that we need to improve our border security. The point that Pelosi was trying to make in this case is that there is more to border security than only a border wall and we should focus on improving security in multiple ways as opposed to focusing only one on promise made during the campaign.

The point is that Carlsbad was trying to make is that if you have a problem with politicians not keeping their campaign promises then you should also have a problem with Trump's campaign promise that Mexico would pay for the wall. It's perfectly reasonable to criticize Pelosi but you must be consistent by holding Trump to the same standard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The idiot got elected. Might want to pay attention to that***

Dec 14, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: 'That [the wall] is a political promise...' ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this again?

Dec 13, 2018, 1:32 PM

isn't there something else more incredibly meaningless to talk about then 3 politicians fronting for the cameras

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You won't have a reasonable discussion.

Dec 13, 2018, 1:39 PM

Name a topic, I'm all in.

She is correct. The Wall is a symbol, a political promise.

Dec 13, 2018, 1:46 PM

It is not a solution that was arrived at by an informed and factual discussion of what has been and has not been effective.

She is not saying that all political promises are uninformed and impractical. She is referring to this specific promise. That is the false premise of your argument.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So campaign promises mean nothing to you?

Dec 14, 2018, 7:36 AM

You guys are going to fool around and let Trump use this issue to win again in 2020. If you don't think this was one of his strongest arguments you're underestimating him again. Be warned.

Re: 'That [the wall] is a political promise...'

Dec 14, 2018, 7:41 AM

Shut it down! Save us some money and make them squirm even more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump is already building a wall.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:52 AM

I expect it will be finished or nearly finished by 2020. He's working the dems to get them to publicizes their position on the wall. It's going to continue to be a big campaign issue all the way through 2020.

Would be interesting if he got the Pentagon to fork over

Dec 14, 2018, 11:42 AM

less than 1% of their budget to build it. lol

####, audit the freaking Pentagon. Money saved could easily build the thing, probably out of titanium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would be interesting if he got the Pentagon to fork over

Dec 14, 2018, 12:11 PM

You are exactly right about that! Titanium and Diamonds...with plenty left over.

Re: Trump is already building a wall.

Dec 14, 2018, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Trump is already building a wall. ]

I think they already stated their position on it though right? Do we not all remember how well walls have worked in the past? People will always figure out a way around it. When it comes to drugs, the cartels WILL figure out another way. They always do.

The whole arguement is pretty stupid to me. What happened when "republicans" were all about cutting national debt? Aren't we up to 1 Trillion now? Do you think Trump will care when we are driven into another deep recession and he's retired to M. Largo with whoever his next prostitute is?

Re: Trump is already building a wall.

Dec 14, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Trump is already building a wall. ]

It's true that they are replacing old sections of the barrier along the border near San Diego. I suppose that this could be interpreted as them already building the wall, but they are effectively only replacing was already there. The Dems, fiscal conservatives and neo-cons did this to try to appease Trump without having to actually build the new wall.

Replies: 16
| visibility 466
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic