Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Feaster requested the no. 28
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

So Feaster requested the no. 28

Nov 21, 2019, 2:49 PM

Claimed he was the most talented back and transferred to an instate rival when he didn’t get his way. Back in the day he would be reminded he made a big mistake the entire game. I wonder how some members of the team really feel about it. Disrespectful to the program and Coach Swinney if you ask me. Anywhere else what have been fine, not the chickens

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You will never convince me...

Nov 21, 2019, 2:54 PM

that his decision to play at uof5c wasn't based, at least in part, on some level of animosity for being demoted down the depth chart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

For sure it was

Nov 21, 2019, 4:20 PM

https://twitter.com/Fast_lane28/status/1114995405777985537

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the decision to play the best players is political...

Nov 21, 2019, 4:43 PM

while playing someone who, perhaps, hasn't earned the same amount of playing time just because they're a senior, isn't?

Sounds a little self-serving to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: For sure it was

Nov 21, 2019, 4:49 PM [ in reply to For sure it was ]

These are those cryptic tweets that set the stage for my belief he is an egocentric kid that has a huge degree of animosity towards Clemson. Hope we bust his ### all day next Saturday....Traitor!

Coot logic?

Nov 21, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to For sure it was ]

Sounds like he found the best place for him

Re: Coot logic?

Nov 21, 2019, 5:03 PM

Get his name out of the Clemson alumni directory.***

Nov 22, 2019, 10:33 PM [ in reply to For sure it was ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: For sure it was

Nov 23, 2019, 7:21 AM [ in reply to For sure it was ]

Wow I didn’t know he said this. The political thing to do would be to start the highly touted upperclassman from just down the road. ETN earned his spot and it’s sad Feaster was in denial about that.

If so 'he cut off his nose to spite his face.'

Nov 23, 2019, 7:55 AM [ in reply to You will never convince me... ]

Got that from my Cherokee grandmother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe CJ would approve Simmons wearing 28 for one game***

Nov 21, 2019, 4:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe CJ would approve Simmons wearing 28 for one game***

Nov 21, 2019, 4:52 PM

Nah I say put it on ETN for the coot game and give him 25 carries!!!!! Let him break all kinds of records on the coots and in front of the traitor!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt Dabo (or Etienne) would do something that vindictive

Nov 21, 2019, 4:57 PM

but I would support it if they did!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe CJ would approve Simmons wearing 28 for one game*** ]

This is a great post!! ETN wearing 28 to laugh at Feaster. Love the idea. ETN is the only one remotely close to deserving the number!

Nov 23, 2019, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe CJ would approve Simmons wearing 28 for one game*** ]

There is no need to put 28 on Etienne. Soon enough we will ask who is deserving to wear 9.

OOO...I like this. Simmons #28 with 8 tackles for loss..***

Nov 21, 2019, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Maybe CJ would approve Simmons wearing 28 for one game*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Defense Will Not allow Feaster to go off!

Nov 21, 2019, 5:39 PM

Guys have pride. They will be highly motivated to not allow TF to go off in the game.

TF - bad decision and for sure full of animosity for the CU coaching staff!

I can picture Feaster as a coach one day having a epiphany - then tearing up - he will have to put the best kid on the field who will help the team! "TF will" no one else. At that moment in time he will maybe understand!

As a coach you prepare your team for success. Through practice and other graded on things you figure out who will give the team the best chance for success. You go with that decision. Not personal. No gray area.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster will do what he always does

Nov 21, 2019, 10:56 PM

Carry the ball a few times, walk off holding his shoulder, sit out a couple of series, come back and do it again.
He’s as fragile as they come to not really have a major injury.

Re: Feaster will do what he always does

Nov 22, 2019, 7:39 PM

I’m thinking the same thing. I (like most tiger fans) am appreciative for all he did for Clemson. I’m just not convinced he’s built for the long haul. And yes I realized years ago I wasn’t built for even the short haul.

Re: Feaster will do what he always does

Nov 23, 2019, 7:38 AM

Are you appreciative of the fact he left Clemson and went to our arch rival to play against us? He is a coot and my appreciation for him has evaporated,

Re: So Feaster requested the no. 28

Nov 21, 2019, 5:59 PM

my favorite NASCAR driver was Davey Allison, CJ Spiller added to the #28 legacy, Tavien Feaster has tarnished it

Nov 21, 2019, 11:13 PM

really? Listen to the head coach of the program... follow his lead on this. Feaster did what he felt was best for him, he graduated. He is a Clemson graduate and you dog him for trying to improve his draft stock? Have not heard anyone on the team say anything but great things about him as a teammate... why cant you just wish him the best, he likely isn't even going to play in bowl game let alone a championship game...

"The coach said he sat down with Feaster before Feaster announced his intention to transfer. Swinney is at peace with the decision, though that “doesn’t mean I have to like it.”

“If he felt like he needed a better opportunity than what maybe he had here playing-wise, he earned that opportunity,” Swinney said."

John Simpson: “Me and Tavien, we’re close, and he’s been talking about it, he’s like, ‘Man, I’m trying to feed my family,’ ” Simpson said. “It is what it is. He came from a rough area. He’s trying to make the money that he can to help his family out.”

Nov 21, 2019, 11:35 PM

JPF16® said:

really? Listen to the head coach of the program... follow his lead on this. Feaster did what he felt was best for him, he graduated. He is a Clemson graduate and you dog him for trying to improve his draft stock? Have not heard anyone on the team say anything but great things about him as a teammate... why cant you just wish him the best, he likely isn't even going to play in bowl game let alone a championship game...

"The coach said he sat down with Feaster before Feaster announced his intention to transfer. Swinney is at peace with the decision, though that “doesn’t mean I have to like it.”

“If he felt like he needed a better opportunity than what maybe he had here playing-wise, he earned that opportunity,” Swinney said."

John Simpson: “Me and Tavien, we’re close, and he’s been talking about it, he’s like, ‘Man, I’m trying to feed my family,’ ” Simpson said. “It is what it is. He came from a rough area. He’s trying to make the money that he can to help his family out.”

All that is "gravy" JPF16. Except, his little sly comments about somebody basically lying to him on the way out the door. I wasn't there/don't know/don't care to know. What I do know is: "you don't burn bridges"!
Especially because Clemson gave you a platform and all the opportunity in the world to succeed. During Feaster's Soph. year and Etienne's freshman year - seems people on here were clamoring for more Feaster! When he wasn't banged up that is. Almost to the detriment of the team.
If Feaster wanted to leave - no issues! But, keep your comments to yourself. Just leave and say you want to pursue playing at another place where you hope to have more opportunity. Wish your teammates well and move the f on. Had he said that, "no problem with TF"! Instead he gets diarrhea of the mouth and comes with a bunch of non-sense directed toward Clemson.
For example, the comments about being lied to. Saying he was going to reveal something about Clemson, etc. "I burned all my Clemson gear"! The latter would have been dumb if he did as much of it I am sure was scott free. He could have gotten some coin for it after his eligibility was over!

Okay with the man pursuing opportunities.
Not okay with the garbage talk!
And that is where so many people miss the boat on it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Re: So Feaster requested the no. 28 ]

Trying to improve his draft stock? Really?!! How in H3ll does transferring to the Coots do that?? He didn't even start at that garbage program. He's not going to play in a bowl game and he sure isn't going to the playoffs. Wonder where the most NFL scouts would have been able to see his talents? Certainly not at a Coot game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was my position on it as well. Go to a school that has

Nov 22, 2019, 7:47 AM

a known good running game and a good enough team to be in the post season hunt! That way you get more opportunity to prove himself. If you can't find that in a transfer, then stay at Clemson because he still would have received plenty of carries and much more visibility because of the stages we've played on and will continue to play on right into the playoffs. Transferring to SC just indicated to me that maybe he was never All In to begin with.

Re: That was my position on it as well. Go to a school that has

Nov 22, 2019, 7:29 PM

I think he wasn’t happy with being demoted so instead of trying to pick out a place where he could succeed, gain more playing time, and win he chose to go to his former schools rival. It’s a jab at Clemson and he’ll learn the hard way next Saturday that he did make the mistake most said he did when he left.

Nov 22, 2019, 12:33 AM

What sucks for him is that it will leave very sour taste in every Clemson fans mouth for a long time. Later on down the road he may want to come back here and be a coach or some kind of assistant for the team but i think he ruined that opportunity, even if he does have a degree from Clemson. Its not the coaches fault that Lyn J and Etienne were playing better than him. I understand transferring but he could of went to ECU, VT, UNC, Wake forest.....anywhere but where he went.

He transferred to another university after graduating

Nov 22, 2019, 7:51 AM

And winning a NC at clemson.

What did you do after graduating from clemson?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: He transferred to another university after graduating

Nov 22, 2019, 9:19 PM

Well I never put on any coot apparel that’s for dammm sure

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

slap my hand, soul man!***

Nov 23, 2019, 12:17 AM

It wasn’t just “another university” and you know that.***

Nov 22, 2019, 10:34 PM [ in reply to He transferred to another university after graduating ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don’t understand why Feaster wearing #28 is such a big deal to people.

Nov 22, 2019, 8:32 PM

He was a highly regarded recruit and C.J. Spiller gave his endorsement of Feaster wearing the number.

By all accounts, Feaster was a model student-athlete at Clemson. He worked hard and graduated on time. The fact that he didn’t become the superstar many here wanted him to shouldn’t be used as a criticism of him, but rather, a statement as to the other outstanding running backs Dabo & company recruited.

Things didn’t workout for Feaster at Clemson in terms of being a superstar back, but it’s not like the guy was kicked off the team for disciplinary issues, legal troubles, or flunking out of school.

I wish he hadn’t chosen to play for the Gamecocks, but he had to do what he felt was best for himself and his family. It was a business decision, and at the end of the day, he’s still a Clemson alum.

The fact that his freaking jersey number STILL gets talked about on here tells me that some of you need to find more important things to worry about. IT’S A FREAKING JERSEY NUMBER!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don’t understand why Feaster wearing #28 is such a big deal to people.

Nov 22, 2019, 9:21 PM

I guess you didn’t listen to the convo and stipulations that Spiller said he told Feaster. I think that’s why everybody is pissed about him wearing that number. Look up that article.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is the article.

Nov 23, 2019, 1:41 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Spiller-on-Feaster-wearing-No-28-The-number-comes-with-expectations-14978

It would seem that Spiller and/or Dabo would’ve told Feaster to stop wearing the number if there were any concern about Feaster not representing it well.

Here is a recent interview with C.J. where he comments on Feaster transferring from Clemson:

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2019/06/10/spillers-no-28-going-in-closet-not-coming-out-again-unless/

It seems like many here are handing all of this with a lot less maturity than C.J. is.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don’t understand why Feaster wearing #28 is such a big deal to people.

Nov 22, 2019, 9:46 PM [ in reply to I don’t understand why Feaster wearing #28 is such a big deal to people. ]

Have you forgotten what he said when he left? This may not be the exact words but in essence he said he was going to a staff that had a rb coach that would prepare him for the pros. It is quite obvious that he is delusional. So,based on that he made the right choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe

Nov 23, 2019, 7:15 AM

In talking about someone who has left the program. It's not a good character trait. He left. Goodbye. End of story

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic