Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RE: Feaster - As discussed on the radio this morning (105.5)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

RE: Feaster - As discussed on the radio this morning (105.5)

Aug 6, 2019, 9:14 AM

Tony Morrell from the TheBigSpur(247), said that TF would likely be a part of a 3 man rotation. Mickey and callers pointed out that he would have been in the same scenario here...but with better talent around him and a softer schedule.

Beating the dead horse here, but he certainly seems to have made a bad move on many fronts.

Going to be interested to see if he takes over the lead role (which I presume he will) and just how many carries he actually sees.

Can't wait to compare their top 3 RB's stats with our top 3 RB's at the end of the season. If last year was any indication, this won't be close at all.

But if he can take hold of the starting role and get 10-15 carries/catches a game...it might be a good thing for him personally (NFL). However, I am 100% certain he won't average 6.0 YPC this season.

LAST YEAR (top 3 RB's by yards)

CLEMSON
1. Etienne 1658 yds 26 tds
2. Choice 548 yds 7 tds
3. Dixon 547 yds 5 tds
TOTAL: 2753 yds 38 tds

UofSuC
1. Dowdle 654 yds 5 tds
2. Denson 432 yds 2 tds
3. Williams 328 yds 4 tds
TOTAL: 1414 tds 11 tds

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying/showing that Feaster wasn't in our Top 3 RB's last year!

Aug 6, 2019, 9:21 AM

Wow, didn't realize that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2nd most carries (78) - 4th most yards (440), with 6 TDs***

Aug 6, 2019, 9:39 AM

Re: RE: Feaster - As discussed on the radio this morning (105.5)

Aug 6, 2019, 9:25 AM

Not that I care what they do down in Columbia but... That is likely coach speak. Feaster is just now getting on campus and will have a steep learning curve the first few games. They will likely rotate 2-3 backs but that's the trend everywhere in college football. Also, why would a coach, or even a fan, come out and say Feaster will get 90% of the carries? Even if that were to be the plan, no one would ever say that this early in camp. The other RBs need to work hard and will work harder with the thought that they can earn the starting role or compete for more snaps.

I think Feaster will end up being their featured RB but even then, a 3 back rotation is likely.

Aug 6, 2019, 9:29 AM

Can’t we simply move on as TF is no longer on our team. Perhaps he wanted a fresh start with new surroundings. We don’t need to judge or critique his decision as he graduated so earned the right to make his choice and live with the consequences

You will never convince me...

Aug 6, 2019, 10:21 AM

that Feasters decision to leave wasn't, at least to a certain extent, motivated by some level of animosity for being demoted on the depth chart.

While he may ultimately become their featured back and get more carries, because of uof5c's hideous OL, he will may very well experience a significant decrease in his YPC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feaster was instrumental in beating Syracuse last year.

Aug 6, 2019, 11:27 AM

On the game winning drive he had three runs right up the gut that were crucial in keeping that drive going.

We remember Brice’s pass and ETN’s score, but Feaster’s runs were every bit as important in saving the season for Clemson.

I absolutely hate to see him finish his career in Garnet & Black, but what are ya gonna do?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feaster was instrumental in beating Syracuse last year.

Aug 6, 2019, 12:03 PM

As to "but what are ya gonna do", on November 30th, CLEMSON will probably do as you stated - "see him finish his career". Sad, but very possible.

Aug 6, 2019, 5:42 PM

I wish T.F. well but with the OL at Uof5C, he may be finished before 11/30.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You''l never convince me that Choice or Dixon couldn't have

Aug 6, 2019, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Feaster was instrumental in beating Syracuse last year. ]

done the exact same thing on that drive given the opportunity

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Feaster was instrumental in beating Syracuse last year. ]

Not to mention his big drive extending catch against bama this year, huge TD run for the winner against NC State ultimately last year, big reception TD vs VT to open the floodgates early in blackburg. He had some great moments at Clemson but unfortunately burned nearly every bridge possible simply due to where he chose to go to next with the fan base.

Aug 6, 2019, 4:38 PM

She's a coot now, hope she never wins another game

Aug 6, 2019, 6:42 PM

I'm curious too. I don't have the animosity a lot of people do for Feaster. I don't think he's close to NFL caliber talent, but I understand someone wanting to take a shot (I do think no true Clemson man would ever be a Gamecock). I think it worked out that Feaster was overhyped for a top 4 star. He was a fine back, but he was probably the fourth most talented on Clemson's depth chart last year and this year (We know ETN and Lyn-J were better, but I suspect that Chez and Darien were also in that conversation for #3 this year).

I also don't know that Feaster is better than Rico Dowdle. Last year, Dowdle averaged 5.3 yards per carry (only .3 less than Feaster). This was despite playing behind a horrendous offensive line (Feaster was behind one of the best lines in football), playing way more top notch rushing defenses (I think 7 vs. 2), and playing injured most of the season. He definitely gives them some depth, but I'd be really curious how it all shakes out.

Aug 6, 2019, 9:04 PM

I do not have animosity toward him. He is a graduate and that to me resets his commitment to Clemson and vice versa. I understand his desire to be a featured back and the man. He burned any good will from me as a Clemson fan when he chose our rival as a landing spot. While I do recognize his contributions to the program, I will not be joyed at his success in Columbia like I would have in say Blacksburg. I think I can best sum it up like this - if Renfrow, CW, DW, or any other tiger legend or player from this recent run show up at the bar/restaurant many tiger fans offer to buy them a drink. I would venture to say Feaster would not get the same reception. I would trust he would not be treated rudely or antagonized by tiger fans but forgive us we do not roll out the red carpet.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic