Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw a Bronco Sport this morning.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 464

Saw a Bronco Sport this morning.

Jul 22, 2020, 9:23 AM

Look very meh...this one was black. A lot like an Escape that ate too much pizza and donuts. I am not a good judge as I would never buy a small/crossover. Underwhelming though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of the Bronco, what the F did Nissan do to the

Jul 22, 2020, 9:27 AM

Pathfinder? It was an aesthetically nice looking SUV in the early 20's and now it looks like a RAV4.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of the Bronco, what the F did Nissan do to the

Jul 22, 2020, 9:29 AM

Always thought the same thing. My GF right out of college had one And it was baller. I am with you. They botched that one all up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Durango too.***

Jul 22, 2020, 9:33 AM

no doubt. I had the clone of this truck

Jul 22, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Speaking of the Bronco, what the F did Nissan do to the ]

When I graduated CU. It was so choice. 5 speed too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no doubt. I had the clone of this truck

Jul 22, 2020, 9:38 AM

you went wayyyyyyy back. nice

old man. :)

My highschool gf drove the OG 4Runner.

Jul 22, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to no doubt. I had the clone of this truck ]

And it was manual. Looked like this, but without graphics:

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My highschool gf drove the OG 4Runner.

Jul 22, 2020, 9:42 AM

You could take the top off the back...right?

You could, but it isn't easy.***

Jul 22, 2020, 9:47 AM

Well sometimes HS girlfriends are uptight.

Jul 22, 2020, 1:00 PM

Tell them they look pretty and maybe give them a sip of wine cooler and try again.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Pawski, forgive me, I can’t help it on this one

Jul 22, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to My highschool gf drove the OG 4Runner. ]

That was my wife’s first car too. My FIL was the VP of product marketing for Toyota NA in the early 80’s and actually came up with the proof of concept and made the business case for bringing the first 4Runner to market. Probably the coolest loosely related car story I have to my name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pawski, forgive me, I can’t help it on this one

Jul 22, 2020, 9:49 AM

I've got a pretty cool car story.

Jul 22, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Pawski, forgive me, I can’t help it on this one ]

When I was a freshman in high school, Kathryn DeLorean was a friend of a friend. I hung out at her house several times and her dad, John Z., once gave me a ride home. After he died they sold their 400 acre estate and it was purchased by Donald Trump. He turned it into a golf course and converted the residence into the clubhouse.

10/10, would read again, but need to know

Jul 22, 2020, 10:05 AM

What kind of car he drove you home in.

'90s Mercedes S Class.

Jul 22, 2020, 10:10 AM

Nothing exciting. A few years later I saw him driving around in an NSX. Strangely he didn't actually own a DeLorean.

Nothing exciting???

Jul 22, 2020, 10:16 AM

Homie, that was probably the most well built and over-engineered of them all, and the last of a breed before the Chrysler debacle watered down the production quality. I'd love one nowadays.

Re: I've got a pretty cool car story.

Jul 22, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to I've got a pretty cool car story. ]

how do we get this into Tnet Hall of Fame?

Needs to be it's own post, and it needs to be jazzed up a

Jul 22, 2020, 10:33 AM

little bit. Add some story line, perhaps some sex and violence.

I found out yesterday that a '08 4runner can do about $1300

Jul 22, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to My highschool gf drove the OG 4Runner. ]

in damage (parts only) to an '18 GMC 3500 Denali when it backs into said GMC that's parked in a driveway.

4Runner had (some more) paint knocked off rear bumper cover.

Best part? 4runner driver gets mad (still is BTW) and says the GMC truck was in the wrong. 2nd best part is that the GMC driver has to pay for all of it getting fixed.

Re: I found out yesterday that a '08 4runner can do about $1300

Jul 22, 2020, 12:40 PM

marriage lol!

Right?

:)

Time to invest in a dash cam.***

Jul 22, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to I found out yesterday that a '08 4runner can do about $1300 ]

I have that truck. It still drives great

Jul 22, 2020, 10:01 AM [ in reply to no doubt. I had the clone of this truck ]

Other than the exhaust leak, of course.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of the Bronco, what the F did Nissan do to the

Jul 22, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Speaking of the Bronco, what the F did Nissan do to the ]

this one....now you have me wanting one.

my gf's had these rims and they were so hard to clean too. I remember she destroyed them and I tried to bring them back to life. Took forever.

I think it looks good for that class of vehicles.

Jul 22, 2020, 9:37 AM

The whole cute ute thing is almost impossible to make cool, but the Bronco Sport is a step in the right direction.

I didn't pay much attention to the thread on here about

Jul 22, 2020, 9:50 AM

Broncos on release day, but the fact that all of the ladies on the buddybook wanted one made me figure they were useless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't pay much attention to the thread on here about

Jul 22, 2020, 10:15 AM

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021//#gallery

The Sport is less rugged, a bit more like a CR-V.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-all-new-ford-bronco-sport-a-smaller-bronco-with-more-mass-appeal-2020-07-26

Message was edited by: Murcielago®

Did they make one that was at all rugged?

Jul 22, 2020, 10:20 AM

Or at least make it so some after market type folks can help it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You weren't kidding

Jul 22, 2020, 10:22 AM

you really did ignore every Bronco megathread.

Another 10 years of bronco.net! Lol

Jul 22, 2020, 10:58 AM

We should just post the video

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't pay much attention to the thread on here about

Jul 22, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I didn't pay much attention to the thread on here about ]

I like the Big Bend version....the rest is overkill in my mind. The Big Bend you could add on some optional equipment and still keep the price around 40-45k, which is insane considering the price of a Gladiator.

I will eat crow and say that I would get one if it looks like what I see online and in videos.

I absolutely hate the Raptor type wheels and tires and they totally knocked off Rubicon wheels on that Outer Banks and Badlands version.

I like the Badlands myself, but I think what 's cool is that

Jul 22, 2020, 10:30 AM

you could get a base model and put the Sasquatch package on it and have a helluva off-roader with 35's and a rear locker, an engine that makes 300 lbs of torque, and a 7 speed manual for $35k.

I swear, if they ever made the original CJ7 again, I'd

Jul 22, 2020, 3:41 PM [ in reply to I think it looks good for that class of vehicles. ]

buy one instantly. Not the wrangler/rubis with all the fancy schmancy shid on'em, the ol' CJ7. I want AC and a decent radio, otherwise, as few electronic things on it as possible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 464
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic