Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers open spring practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,257

Mar 4, 2011, 9:27 PM

The Clemson Tigers went through the first practice of the spring on Friday afternoon, and head coach Dabo Swinney said he was pleased with what he saw. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers open spring practice

Mar 4, 2011, 10:39 PM

That was as close as a nothing interview as Swinney has ever given. Dabo, we the orange blooded fans that went through that whole miserable 2010 season also. Now Dabo, instead of telling us fans of how excited you were with the first day of spring practice. Describe to us the fans, just what was it that excited you so much at the first spring Practice. Please, give us something!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm

Mar 4, 2011, 11:08 PM

Probably that they were playing football and starting to put the misery of last year behind him. Lighten up.

Re: Ummm

Mar 5, 2011, 12:10 AM

I have been lighten up for 20 + years now. With all my trips from cootlumbia to Clemson. Its time for all the talk and BS to stop. Put all the BS talk into a solid plan and put it on the field in ways of winning. As the ole saying goes ( and fits well here ) #### or get the H&11 of the pot. All the high energy BS talk these past years just leaves our beloved Clemson wide open for all the nasty pot shots that has plaqued us on and off the field for a while now. Its just time for put up, or get out!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You were just telling Dabo that you wanted him to talk more

Mar 5, 2011, 12:28 AM

And give you details of his excitement. Then you come back with some redneck excuse for a motivational tirade saying you want the talkin' to stop. Make up your mind.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You were just telling Dabo that you wanted him to talk more

Mar 5, 2011, 3:08 AM

To the media, not the ones that support this team year after year. He can talk to us without speaking directly to the media A H!!!

Allorange? This is Dabo

Mar 5, 2011, 3:20 AM

“My first full season was an easy year – Coach of the Year candidate, won the division, played for the ACC Championship, won the bowl game – it was pretty easy to lead then. I consider last season a failure. My job is to win football games and graduate players and that is all I am trying to do. I am trying to do my job better and help my coaches do their job better. I am not a perfect human being. I make mistakes, I screw up and learn from them and grow. I want to be at Clemson a long time, and I understand what we have to do long-term to be successful. There are things we can do to get better as a program, and I am excited to get out there and get started as a team today. It was a very good first practice. The players were in good condition and there was a lot of enthusiasm. There was a lot of teaching and a lot of learning. It is a fresh start, a new beginning.

"Hope you don't mind reading this on Tigernet, but I'm pretty busy right now and I didn't have time to call everyone individually. I'll try to do better. Go Tigers!”

Re: Allorange? This is Dabo

Mar 5, 2011, 5:08 AM

You're so kind but, do I owe someone an apology for expressing my views and concerns. I think not!!! I have one brother, 3 first cousins, and an uncle that has given their life for our right of freedom of speech, thoughts, and concerns. And I don't think that I have over stepped any of those rights. And I've never spoke out openly, nor in privately to fire Dabo. I have said many times that he deserves a fair chance and time. So don't try to read into something that isn't there.

Re: You were just telling Dabo that you wanted him to talk more

Mar 5, 2011, 3:13 AM [ in reply to You were just telling Dabo that you wanted him to talk more ]

If you would have opened up your mind, you would see the difference in the statements. Lets not forget that last season everything he was saying was everything was ok with the program. Useless talk wouldn't you agree!!!

I find it useless to be moaning in March

Mar 5, 2011, 3:26 AM

You don't like Dabo, and probably never will. I get it. He sucked last year. But, he is still here. He changed his offensive staff and is in the procdess of installing a dedicated spread offense. He loaded up in recruiting. He just had his first practice. He has reason to be excited right now, just as most Clemson fans are. After last season, I like being able to put that monstrosity in the rear view mirror.

Re: I find it useless to be moaning in March

Mar 5, 2011, 4:50 AM

You have just made a false statement of my personal feelings of Dabo Swinney. The fact is, I do like Dabo. And I think that he will prove to be a promising up and coming Head coach at Clemson. I do undersand the pressure he is under as the HC at Clemson. But the pressure he is under is of his on doings with the handling of his staff and Kyle Parker last season. He tried to pull a rabbit out of his #### with sticking with a badly injured KP. And with coaches letting players deside when they will come in and out of the game. After KP'S injury and the severity of 3 cracked ribs. T. Boyd should have been the QB at that point. That would have left the team in a much better position for this season. And with the way Boyd performed in the bowl game. We would have been better than a 6/7 team with Boyd after the KP injury. Dabo needs to make decisions with the whole team interest first. And not to players that he has made promises to to get them to come back their senior season. I have no facts that is what Dabo done with KP. But it sure appeared to be the deal....

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,257
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic