Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Putting the FBS Championship in CA was a YUGE mistake and ..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Putting the FBS Championship in CA was a YUGE mistake and ..

Jan 4, 2019, 9:36 AM

"Snowflake Central" for THE Game Of College football ? Yes, College Football is really big in California ... NOT !. I assure you, the demographic really "in" to College Football do not live in California. And because it is in California, that game is just too far away, too expensive for the true College Football fans to get too. Should be in the South, the Midwest ... where College Football Fans live. Heck, if they want to capitulate to the PC crowd, put it in NYC ... everybody likes NYC despite the extreme snow-flakery, and you can get to it.

Lastly, the playoff system is a joke. A true playoff should have the winner of EACH FBS Conference automatically "go" (10) + 6 wildcards for a Sweet 16 of College Football. THAT is the way to determine the true College Football Champion, not some ESPN panel opinion or the "experts" of the Selection Committee they drag out

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You were doing great.

Jan 4, 2019, 9:40 AM

Until you mentioned your moronic take on the playoffs. You can't just increase the number of games in a season indefinitely. CFB players already have a toll on their bodies and their time. These are not professionals.

4 is the right number. Every single season thus far, the CFB playoff has found the best team in the country correctly. That is the ultimate goal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: You were doing great.

Jan 4, 2019, 9:57 AM

gtriple® said:

Every single season thus far, the CFB playoff has found the best team in the country correctly.

I disagree. Last year Bama was allowed into the playoffs, even though they lost 26-14 to Auburn, and didn't play in their conference championship game. That allowed AL an extra week to rest and prepare for the playoff.

UGA didn't get in this year because they lost the SEC championship game, but BAMA didn't even play in it the year before. How is that fair?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2019, 2:20 PM

Ga also got spanked by LSU, that would be the showstopper

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 4, 2019, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: You were doing great. ]

False. Uga didn’t get in this year because they had two losses. If they didn’t get drug by LSU, they’d have been in. Same as OSU last year.

He lost me at "every1 likes NYC"***

Jan 4, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to You were doing great. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You make room by losing one of those stupid "cupcake" games

Jan 4, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to You were doing great. ]

What used to be the College Football regular season ? 10 ? then 11, now 12. Don't give me this concern for health and safety spin. Actually, losing the cupcake would HELP most of the teams if this was a concern, because only 16 teams would play more games ...

AS for the lost revenue argument (so its all about the money eh? ) .... can use that "lost weekend" for another event ... rock concert, country concert, rap concert, tractor pull, chili cookoff, whatever ... an event like that would equal revenue from a Football game anyway ... revenue - expense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2019, 9:52 PM [ in reply to You were doing great. ]

Gtriple, I’d argue they need to go to 8 or back to 2. The #4 team has won the playoff 2/4 years so far indicating that a playoff was a good idea. But also at least 1 of the 4 teams have shown up uncompetitive and proven they shouldn’t have been there each year, so you could make the argument that it should expand to 8 to find the true best 4. Yes, there will be a higher number of duds every year, but you’re gonna get all of the deserving and hot teams in there.

Re: Putting the FBS Championship in CA was a YUGE mistake and ..

Jan 4, 2019, 9:46 AM

Well its going back west

2022 January 9, 2023 Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood ParkInglewood, California

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2019, 10:00 AM

We have another game @ Notre Dame that year.
A signature win that should set us up well for the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 4, 2019, 10:17 AM

Not to mention the poo everywhere. My dry cleaning bills from all of the poo will cost a fortune.

Jan 4, 2019, 11:10 AM

NYC in January?? Uh, you lost me there pal. Also, they don't have any domed stadiums. I'd prefer NOLA or San Antonio, to be honest. Heck, even Dallas--that stadium is the shizzle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I say NYC to be fair and balanced

Jan 4, 2019, 12:26 PM

After all, perhaps you can go to a Broadway Show or pay $20.00 for a hotdog in Manhatten ...

NYC would not be my first choice either, but it is entertaining just walking around the place

If college football was fair and balanced all the games...

Jan 4, 2019, 12:36 PM

would be played in a geographical location between and near the center of the schools participating.

I'm not much of a country music fan but I'll have to agree with jr on your NYC venue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygZxqVcikRU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great venue for game and it's a

Jan 4, 2019, 12:57 PM

free market. They outbid everyone else.

Be ideal if it was Southern Cal Texas though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2019, 1:15 PM

You were boring me with the snowflake cr@p and bitching about location.

But you redeemed yourself with a utopian 16 team playoff plan which I find interesting.

+1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gracias !

Jan 4, 2019, 2:18 PM

Really, tired of "them" declaring this team is better then that team and they never play each other ... FCS does a playoff and it works very well ... love to see a team from a dissed "smaller" Conference knock of a team from the exalted "Power 5" (really "Power 4")

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic