Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There's a decent if not good chance the ACC is left out.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

There's a decent if not good chance the ACC is left out.

Oct 17, 2017, 4:00 PM

The ACC's only hopes are Clemson, NC State, Miami, and possibly Virginia Tech. Clemson, NC State, and Virginia Tech are all 1 loss away from being left out of the playoff. And Miami still has to play Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, UVA, and possibly the ACCCG.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a decent if not good chance

Oct 17, 2017, 4:01 PM

Topher is a coot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a decent if not good chance the ACC is left out.

Oct 17, 2017, 4:02 PM

If we lose two, we don't belong in the playoffs.

Don't care about the rest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a decent if not good chance the ACC is left out.***

Oct 17, 2017, 4:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

one loss team unlikely to be left out two loss likely.

Oct 17, 2017, 4:03 PM

Just think penn state still has to play Michigan and Ohio state and Georgia will play Alabama the way it’s looking. A one loss Georgia who lost seccg will be left out over a one loss acc team who swims the acccg. But yes if two losses it may very well happen. Other conferences are just now getting to the meat of their schedule. Their may be several top 8 team losses left. Hopefully we are done with that. But we shall see

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wins not swims***

Oct 17, 2017, 4:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wins not swims***

Oct 17, 2017, 6:08 PM

"swims" was ok, probably a new T-net frase.

I hope we swims out the rest of the way thru the playoffs!!!

See - it works fine!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia also has to play at Auburn.***

Oct 17, 2017, 4:08 PM [ in reply to one loss team unlikely to be left out two loss likely. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC in Far Better Shape Than PAC 12

Oct 17, 2017, 4:05 PM

Clemson is the best hope with a clear path. Also, if NCSU beats a Top 10 Clemson and a ranked Miami or VT in ACCCG they will get in especially if the "hollow" coots keep winning. Miami easily gets in if they win ACCCG.

Biggest risk for ACC would be 2 SEC teams making it in. But would be hard to take a non conf champion (except Bama) over the ACC champ.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC in Far Better Shape Than PAC 12

Oct 17, 2017, 5:14 PM

NC state has to games left that should be tough and both against ranked teams. ND and CU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 4:09 PM

The ACC has 5 teams with 1 loss or less. Only the Big 10 can match that. So couldn't we say the same for every other conference?

null

Oct 17, 2017, 4:12 PM

So be it then. If there are four other teams with a single loss (or none) more deserving, then we will get left out. Not the end of the world.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You were able to name 11 teams in just 3 sentences.

Oct 17, 2017, 4:17 PM

Wow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It’s way too early to worry about who’s in who’s out

Oct 17, 2017, 4:40 PM

The 1st CFP hasn’t even been released. The ACC has two teams in the top 10 and if they don’t lose before the ACC championship game they will both be in the top 5 going into the game.

Oct 17, 2017, 5:15 PM

Coot alert.

Oct 17, 2017, 5:55 PM

No greater than any other conference, especially Big 10, Big 12 and PAC. Bama will probably make it regardless. But explain to me how other conferences are in better shape than ACC. You can’t.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 6:15 PM

Thoughts.
As far as I'm concerned, if Clemson doesn't get in I don't really give a $#!+.
In regards to Clemson being in a Major Bowl if they don't win the ACCCG, then once that bowl
is over, so will football for me.
Same applies to the pros.If my team isn't in the playoffs, I could care less.

Oct 17, 2017, 6:28 PM

The ACC has played in the
3 of the last 4 National Championship games , and won half of them .
I'd like to think that means as a conference the ACC is considered , currently at least ...one of the top CFB leagues .
A 1 loss ACC Champion will get into the playoff .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

My thought(s).

Oct 17, 2017, 6:37 PM

You watch too much ESPiN. Yep, I thought about it again and I was right the first time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have to win out. The Big 10 has to turn into a SShow

Oct 17, 2017, 7:04 PM

the Big12 will probably get left out again. The wildcard will be ND. If they win out, they'll have a spot leaving 1 for Bammer and someone else.

Oct 17, 2017, 7:29 PM

So the ACC has a 1 loss reigning champion, a second 1 loss team, and an undefeated team and you think they’re in danger of being left out? Not a chance. The pac12 has already all but played themselves out. B1G, Sec, ACC, and B1g12 are in good shape.

Oct 17, 2017, 7:32 PM

Also I really think a 2 loss champion from the B1G, sec, or ACC gets in over the pac12 with 1 loss. Wat coast teams play terrible schedules.

Oct 17, 2017, 7:42 PM

You are MUCH better at limericks than predicting football Final 4

Don't give a darn whether anyone else from the ACC

Oct 17, 2017, 7:56 PM

makes it to the playoffs.

The SECLeast sucks so bad, only one team from the SEC should even be considered for the playoffs.

Conferences don't win national championships....individual teams do.....its so chickeny cootish to try to latch on to some pointless discussion about which conference may or may not be left out of the playoffs....NO conference gets invited. Only individual teams

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic