Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Carman redshirt?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Does Carman redshirt?

Jul 25, 2018, 10:34 PM

If he is practicing with the 3rd team and all of the veteran guys are basically cross training, do you just give him experience in 4 games & redshirt him?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Carman redshirt?

Jul 25, 2018, 10:43 PM

3rd team ? Link

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

on the front page, references "working with the third group"

Jul 25, 2018, 11:20 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/The-latest-on-offensive-lineman-Jackson-Carman-17072

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 25, 2018, 10:45 PM

I would think so, let him play Furman, Georgia southern and 2 ACC games. And call it a year for him. I don’t see him making a 2 deep at guard or tackle this year. Having a matured Jackson for the next 3-4 years would be HUGE

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't waste the 4th RS game on Furman.

Jul 26, 2018, 1:09 AM

Between fall camp and the season the light will surely come on for Carman through the process. Would rather see him get ready, hungry, and angry as we near the post-season when we'll most need OL depth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You want to save them because if the player gets ready

Jul 26, 2018, 8:46 AM

towards end of season and you have attrition you want to be able to use them and not burn the shirt.

If its wasted on early games like Furman it may create an unnecessary situation.

Jul 25, 2018, 10:48 PM

I think it depends on how he does in camp this fall and how he performs under the lights in the 4 games. He could definitely still pick up a second string spot and possibly a 1st string spot if it all clicks with him. He has all the talent an athletic ability to be one of the best in college football. He’s just young.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Correct answer.***

Jul 25, 2018, 11:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2018, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Does Carman redshirt? ]

You nailed it..........

Bingo

Jul 26, 2018, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Does Carman redshirt? ]

This was also him running 3rd team in the spring when I think even he would admit he was too heavy. Now that he’s dropped some weight, let’s see where he’s running in camp.

With some of the depth concerns coming at OL in 2019, I think getting him the most snaps possible while still keeping us in a position to win is probably the best plan. If he lives up to his potential, I don’t see him sticking around for 5 years anyway.

Jul 26, 2018, 7:17 AM

If we knew he would stay 5 years it seems redshirt would be a good call. Just play him the 4 games.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic