Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Young alumni iptay advice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Young alumni iptay advice

Feb 15, 2018, 12:56 PM

I am a 2016 alum, and was going to do the young alumni program to start getting season tickets. I am buying a house soon, so funds are tight. I wanted to donate at the Champion level, but the iptay rep told me the minimum donation to get ANY season tickets last year was over $1,600. any donation below that was out of luck / offered a crappy multi-game package. is that true, or is she just trying to get me to donate more?

I knew I wouldn't be getting prime seats for my donation, but I thought I'd atleast get in the stadium. I can't afford to donate any more this year, so I might have to resort to stubhub and attend a handful of games. any advice/knowledge on the donation situation would be appreciated!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not true ... I got 2 season tix in the visitors section TDN

Feb 15, 2018, 1:01 PM

for less than that. Of course, I've been IPTAY since the beginning of the Bowden era.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not true ... I got 2 season tix in the visitors section TDN

Feb 15, 2018, 1:06 PM

I think she's saying that as a new IPTAY donor you have to start out at that level to get tickets. Once you get them you can donate the minimum seat licensing fee to keep your seats for subsequent years.

Feb 15, 2018, 1:09 PM

right, but why is it so much to get tickets to start as a new IPTAY donor?

You play big, you pay big.***

Feb 15, 2018, 1:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I pay ten a year***

Feb 15, 2018, 2:33 PM

Limited seats, growing fan base that is willing to pay more***

Feb 16, 2018, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Not true ... I got 2 season tix in the visitors section TDN ]

Feb 16, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Not true ... I got 2 season tix in the visitors section TDN ]

Season tickets are sold out. If you already have season tickets and meet your minimum donation (seat equity value times number of seats), you can renew your seats with no risk of losing them. So in order for anyone (new or current member) to get new season tickets, someone has to decide not to renew their seats and give them up. Very few people are giving up their seats these days so there aren't many season tickets available each year

IPTAY then assigns these (few) available seats based on ticket requests by donors. It goes by donation level... Riggs, then Heisman, then Fike, etc... and then by number of priority points within each level.

Being a new member at say the Champion level ($800 donation), you will be behind everyone else in the Champion level that has donated at least 1 year prior to this year.

Say there are 20 remaining season tickets when they get through all the Tiger level requests. They then move to the donor that has the most priority points at the Champion level. They go through all the Champion level donors by number of priority points, and if the top 5 donors all requested 4 tickets, they will then be out of season tickets (all available season tickets assigned) before they reach a new donor with only a few priority points at the bottom of the Champion level.
That is why someone who has donated for 40 years may be able to get new season tickets at the Champion level while a new donor would have to be at the Tiger level ($1600 donation) to jump ahead of them and get new season tickets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Young alumni iptay advice

Feb 15, 2018, 1:07 PM

You should talk to the folks at IPTAY, not a rep. Get information from the source.

Feb 15, 2018, 1:08 PM

that's what i mean when i said "rep", i called iptay and that's the lady I talked to

My advice is to keep your student ID and sit on the Hill

Feb 15, 2018, 1:09 PM

you can probably bring a blanket and a picnic basket.

Feb 15, 2018, 1:51 PM

Season tickets have sold out the last couple of years. Last year they offered nonrenewable seats that will go to SCar fans this year. The problem is that even giving at the Tiger level does not guarantee tickets. It would be nice if they could give exact numbers needed to get tickets but it depends on how many people renew and how many people request more tickets. It is safe to say that they will sell out again this year and few people will not renew. Basically, it is a total crap shoot as to what level will get new tickets.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

You want to definitely donate as a Young alumni

Feb 15, 2018, 1:53 PM

You definitely want to donate as a young alumni since you get a significant discount on your level.
Lindsey Leonard over the Young Alumni Iptay is who you want to talk to 864-656-2975 or lsweval@clemson.edu.

Dec 2016 graduates get a 75% discount so that $1600 is just $400 plus you get a savings on your season tickets (20%) discount. If you graduated in May or August 2016 you still get a 50% discount, so $800 for what everyone else is paying $1600 for. Like a previous poster said get the tickets at as high a level as you can afford and then drop to the minimum seat equity amounts for later years.

The first year out of school gets that 90% discount on IPTAY levels. Too bad you missed that one.
It is a good deal to help recent grads get involved and stay involved in IPTAY.
Go Tigers!

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You want to definitely donate as a Young alumni

Feb 15, 2018, 2:25 PM

yes I talked to Lindsey this morning. It would just be such a bummer to scrape together a $1600 donation this year, and not even end up getting renewable season tickets. it's just bad timing for me this year.

I'm a may 2016 grad, so I would still get 20% discount next year. i might just have to skip this year and do it next year

If you're getting the 50% then you only put down $400 today,

Feb 15, 2018, 3:52 PM

the rest by June 15th for a total of $800 from you this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep in mind that the "level" at which they're referencing

Feb 15, 2018, 2:02 PM

is the full amount of each level. With the Young Alumni program depending on what year they'll "credit" you the remaining amount. For instance, if you do the $1,600 level but only pay $800, IPTAY will credit the other $800 and you'll be at the $1,600 level.

Feb 15, 2018, 2:09 PM

Because most season tickets are renewed, especially lately with recent success, few are now available each year. If what they said was IPTAY assigns new season tickets according to giving level, you may very well need to be at that level to guarantee you'll get tickets (but I don't know if that is true).

If so, once you've got seats you like, you can renew your season tickets and keep them, and you can drop your donation level back to the minimum dollar amount needed under the seat equity plan.

Parking is a free-for all each year, though. If you lower your donation, you'll get worse in the future.

Love the Tigers, buy the house

Feb 15, 2018, 2:27 PM

I love Clemson football and always have, but we dropped IPTAY when funds were tight as we were expecting our second child. Life needs priorities, and it was the best decision for us at that time. CU and the tigers will always be there, and you can always return to Death Valley as IPTAY or non-IPTAY, so focus on buying that house first and doing what is best for you.

You can be a member of iptay for $1 a year.

Feb 15, 2018, 3:04 PM

$60 gets you a sticker and magazine.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Love the Tigers, buy the house

Feb 15, 2018, 2:27 PM

I love Clemson football and always have, but we dropped IPTAY when funds were tight as we were expecting our second child. Life needs priorities, and it was the best decision for us at that time. CU and the tigers will always be there, and you can always return to Death Valley as IPTAY or non-IPTAY, so focus on buying that house first and doing what is best for you.

Feb 15, 2018, 2:58 PM

Not trying to take money away from iptay, but if you just want to get in the stadium, there are ALWAYS tickets available for sale whether through secondary market or at the game. This will be especially true for this coming year’s home schedule. You will come out cheaper than joining iptay at a level that will get you tix AND buying season tix.

Conditions have changed since I graduated in ‘95, but We didn’t join iptay until the first seat equity plan came out, and then we were able to jump in (with both feet) and get decent seats....it worked for my family and have been a member of iptay ever since...

Feb 15, 2018, 2:58 PM

Serious question...what is cheaper...Buying tickets online or though joining IPTAY... Not talking lower level tickets because those prices can get pretty high...Lets say the average price of a ticket is $80 and we play 7 homes games... thats $560 a person "IF" you go to every home game. I'm just estimating here so don't bash me lol. But how much would a be a person if I was to join IPTAY. Also is IPTAY just for football or does that include baseball and basketball tickets as well?

Feb 15, 2018, 11:46 PM

Well tickets for many games sell at or below face value so you are likely to average somewhere around $50-60 per game across a season. Of course that greatly depends on where you want to sit and who is on the schedule. IPTAY points are used for all the big sports (FB, MBB, baseball).

My guess is that if you factor in the lack of an IPTAY donation into the calculation it is cheaper to buy from the secondary market instead of joining IPTAY. The drawback is the potential that you won’t get tickets, or at least not at a price you want to pay, for certain big games including the CFP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2018, 7:48 AM

Thanks for the info and reply!

Based on my info from last year and the minimum giving:

Feb 16, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Young alumni iptay advice ]

Based on the post above, minimum giving for IPTAY to get season tickets would be $1,600.

The cost of season tickets for 7 games was $313, an average of $45 (rounded). Let's assume the "nuclear family" so 4 season tickets, that would put you at $1,252 for the tickets plus $1,600 for the donation for a total of $2,852.

The real question is which games are you wanting to go to? If they're just the small games then a 4 ticket pack wouldn't break the bank, but if you're talking for all 7 games then I would wager you're gonna spend more by purchasing single game tickets through the secondary market for 4 people.

For instance, the Auburn game would probably have been $200 minimum for uppers so that's $800 already, not to mention if you want a parking pass that would be an additional expense and you could wind up spending 33% on one game of what an IPTAY donor did for the whole season.

Then again, if you only wanted to go to the "big games" you'd probably come out even if you went to 2 or 3.

Edit: With the Young Alumni at OP's graduation date he would only have to donate $800 this year, so his total cost would actually be $2,052 for 4 season tickets. The major benefit is that he would be able to renew each year and would not lose those tickets.

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic