Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I got laid off today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

I got laid off today.

Jun 18, 2020, 1:33 PM

My position was eliminated. Was based on tenure. The people above me had more than my 10 years so they stayed and people below me had less and they got laid off.

My bis is up though. I was on track to make goal. Oh well. I already had a supplier reach out and offer me a job for the same salary. And I have a Clemson MBA. I’ll be fine. But still devastated today. Also got a package of 6 months salary so anyone want to go to the lake???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We tried The Boathouse at Hartwell marina last weekend

Jun 18, 2020, 1:35 PM

Do recommend for you and your kids. Food was really good, service was really bad. But we were drinking beer watching boats being taken out of dry stack so it was OK. And they've got a nice beach.

Will be up at Tilli's Tiki Bar up at Harbor Light this weekend, not sure if we're going Saturday or Sunday yet.

So yeah, I'll be out there. Sorry about your job, but now you get to enjoy weekday lake days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sucks man..good luck on getting the next one soon.***

Jun 18, 2020, 1:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I got laid off today.

Jun 18, 2020, 1:39 PM

Hang in there! You sound like a survivor. Not sure I detect the devastation in your voice?

You wanna earn a quick $20?***

Jun 18, 2020, 1:42 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does it involve cleaning up a heavily forested backyard?***

Jun 18, 2020, 1:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would say cleared, but not regularly mowed.***

Jun 18, 2020, 1:47 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So basically "bush-hogged 4 years ago"***

Jun 18, 2020, 1:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"just do like I did and get some goats" - FBCOAC***

Jun 18, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Does it involve cleaning up a heavily forested backyard?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: You wanna earn a quick $20?***

Jun 18, 2020, 1:43 PM [ in reply to You wanna earn a quick $20?*** ]

He could ream out Tiggity

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah

I'm well trimmed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I got laid off today.

Jun 18, 2020, 1:42 PM

That’s it... I’ve had it with this dump! We got no food! We got no jobs! Our pet’s HEADS ARE FALLIN OFF!

Sorry boss.***

Jun 18, 2020, 1:46 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got some good vibes for you on a couple fronts

1 - good day to crack some beers, twist up a few, and listen to JoJo do his thing on the keys tonight (re: Beefie's post)

2 - dawghater2she got laid off as well, and found a job in < 1 month. she didn't get any severance. sounds like you're already close to finding a new opportunity, so just get the demons out tonight and take in stride from here on out. good people are still getting hired, and the options for employment are more widespread (###### panic) with companies allowing more remote work

good news is you live close to a lake, you don't live in Atlanta, got your health and sounds like some cool kids (assuming the smokeshow fiance too). i keep trying to tell myself to control what i can control and get after that ### when or where i can.

sorry to hear. hang in there bro

How? Drinking is up a brazillion percent.

Jun 18, 2020, 1:51 PM

IT'S OUR NATIONAL PASTIME.

Anyway, really sorry to hear that, but yeah...I have a feeling you'll land on your feet like a cat. A murderous, squirrel-eating cat that leaves only balls of hair and internal organs on your front door mat.

Sorry...we had an 'incident' this week with the cat.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you know about Lularoe? The severance could set

Jun 18, 2020, 1:55 PM

you up with PLENTY of inventory to turn into big profits. Message me, girl, if you are ready to work from home at your convenience and just collect dollars.

Seriously, that sucks, hope everything works out for you.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you know about Lularoe? The severance could set

Jun 18, 2020, 2:01 PM

#bossbabe #girlboss #fearless #stepintoyourpower #athomeceo

6 months salary and devasted?

Jun 18, 2020, 1:57 PM

bruh, I've got 2.5 months of TOWP and that's got me thinking about cashin' out and double-birdin' my way out the door*

* home office, since that's where I'm actually at these days

You got this! *****

Jun 18, 2020, 2:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry to hear, but hang in there.***

Jun 18, 2020, 2:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope you can double-dip salary from both old and new

Jun 18, 2020, 2:26 PM

JohnFBell version 2.0 will be badass

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sucks. so did my wife a few weeks ago

Jun 18, 2020, 2:27 PM

good luck

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that sucks dude

Jun 18, 2020, 2:42 PM

I think you will be fine though

go try to get that AB job that celtic was wanting, I know you love those guys!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Update. I got offered a VP of sales position from a supplier already.***

Jun 18, 2020, 3:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sweet, I told you***

Jun 18, 2020, 3:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Nice! Take a month off and spend like its 6 months

Jun 18, 2020, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Update. I got offered a VP of sales position from a supplier already.*** ]

WINNAR!

Congrats!

Jun 18, 2020, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Update. I got offered a VP of sales position from a supplier already.*** ]

My oldest was furloughed then laid off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you need a assistant. ;) ******

Jun 18, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Update. I got offered a VP of sales position from a supplier already.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, Celtic or my son

Jun 18, 2020, 6:27 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hated reading your post but your positive attitude is really

Jun 20, 2020, 8:46 AM

awesome!! Good luck and best wishes.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife left me today.

Jun 20, 2020, 8:53 AM

Poot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Update: Sofia Vergara just showed up nude on my front

Jun 20, 2020, 8:54 AM

Porch with a bag of money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#postlikeJohnFBell***

Jun 20, 2020, 8:54 AM

Is she in eharmony? Some "new" person sent me a message

Jun 20, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to My wife left me today. ]

saying she saw my profile and picture and was leaving her sorry ### husband today. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be interested if this post is HOF if the word off was

Jun 20, 2020, 7:09 PM

removed

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that.

Jun 21, 2020, 12:33 PM

Good luck going forward.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic