Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wish they would wear the white pants with the purple
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I wish they would wear the white pants with the purple

Nov 16, 2018, 1:46 AM

jerseys. Always thought that was a sharper uni. They should be wearing at least some white at night so those receivers stand out and pop against all that darker purple that will be in the stands.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone else remember when I think it wasTebow

Nov 16, 2018, 2:07 AM

that lit the coots up during a blackout at Willy B. He stated after the game it was so easy to find his receivers in the brighter unis against that background. lol

That's a Spurrier quote-of-a-quote...

Nov 16, 2018, 6:50 AM

"Even Florida Coach Steve Spurrier chuckled at the sight. "One of our receivers said, 'Coach, it was nice of them to wear all black so we can pick the ball out of the sky,"' he said."

Rex Grossman was the QB you're thinking of and he had a similar zinger: "It was fun....It was like they weren't even there. They were blacked out. Then we drove them out, they left."

Florida destroys SCar 54-17 on 11/10/2001: http://articles.latimes.com/2001/nov/11/sports/sp-3040

Re: I wish they would wear the white pants with the purple

Nov 16, 2018, 7:21 AM

Totally agree. Hate purple on purple but purple jerseys and white pants looks good - if we must wear purple.

Re: I wish they would wear the white pants with the purple

Nov 16, 2018, 7:33 AM

Agree. I like purple, but would like to see it on white pants. Of course, it is Dabo's call, and he seems to know what he is doing.

Too much going on with orange helmet,

Nov 16, 2018, 7:51 AM

purple Jersey and white pants. Looks like an accident. I'm glad for two things: that we do something unique to honor the military and we wear purple only that one game a year.

I'm not a fan of the purple unis, but I'm a fan of honoring the military with something special. When we do wear purple, however, it should look like a uniform, not a hodgepodge outfit. Since the orange helmet is a non-negotiable, the rest should be all purple. Now, if purple helmets were an option, purple jerseys and white pants would look good.

We're not TCU though, so that ain't gonna happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

You thunk the orange helmet with all purple

Nov 16, 2018, 9:57 PM

looks any better? Still too much going on. There is white and purple in the helmet that ties it in to purple jersey/ White pants.

I agree but i think Dabo likes to get it over with. If we

Nov 16, 2018, 7:52 AM

wore purple on white then there would be clamoring for purple pants by some trying to make them unique in some way. So I'm on board. Get it over with and get back to Orange.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Daob says...

Nov 16, 2018, 8:31 AM

when he got to Clemson, we were like a bunch of chameleons. There were too many uniform combinations and the seniors would decide which combination to wear each week. He felt like too much time and energy was being wasted on uniforms.

Of course, Dabo came from Alabama which has just two traditional uniform combinations so he decided to go with tradition (orange jerseys and white pants at home and white jerseys and white pants on the road) while respecting the history and tradition of the orange pants (orange pants for championship games only) and, of course, Clemson's military heritage (all purple on military appreciation day).

Hard to object to any of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I agree but i think Dabo likes to get it over with. If we

Nov 16, 2018, 8:40 AM [ in reply to I agree but i think Dabo likes to get it over with. If we ]

This is very true. Even if they went with white pants, I am still pleading for purple camp pattern pants.

With a purple and white PAW.

Re: I agree but i think Dabo likes to get it over with. If we

Nov 16, 2018, 8:41 AM

Camo

The purple pants with the white jersey looks good too IMO

Nov 16, 2018, 8:22 AM

Haven't seen that combo in a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You won't see it as long as Dabo is the man

Nov 16, 2018, 8:25 AM

Purple is for one game/year and it's a home game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I agree, it's a great look.

Nov 16, 2018, 10:28 PM

Although I like the all purple for Military Appreciation Day.

I would like to see the purple jerseys and white pants for other home games though. It doesn't get much better than this when it comes to incorporating our official school colors.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic