Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s gonna be: Bama, Clemson, ND & OK..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,569

It’s gonna be: Bama, Clemson, ND & OK..

Nov 29, 2018, 1:27 PM

But, but..the Buckies could squick in.

With that scenario Clemson plays in Cotton Bowl vs Domers who will fill stadium by 55-60% over the Orange, imho.

Disappointed since i would have driven down to Orange within 8-9 hrs in the little rv van.

Geez!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s gonna be: Bama, Clemson, ND & OK..

Nov 29, 2018, 1:30 PM

I was telling my brother this weekend that Miami and Atlanta may be the only 2 big cities in the country where Notre Dame fans would not greatly outnumber Clemson fans.

I think Notre Dame in Dallas could result in even more than 60% ND fans once you factor in that they haven't been to a playoff and Clemson fans may be picky about where to spend their money after a 4th year in a row.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 1:33 PM

Cotton is closer to Bama than Miami.. Bama will play cotton

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 29, 2018, 1:35 PM

It was mentioned this weekend that a Bama vs OK matchup could send that game to Miami to prevent the 4 seed from having proximity advantage.

The last time that happened...

Nov 29, 2018, 1:37 PM

the Committee just flipped OU and Michigan State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not if they play OU***

Nov 29, 2018, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s gonna be: Bama, Clemson, ND & OK.. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes you think Clemson ends-up in Dallas?

Nov 29, 2018, 1:33 PM

If Bama is the top seed, they'll be headed to Dallas.

The Committee is not going to send Oklahoma to Dallas because it would effectively be a home game for them.

The Committee will manipulate the 3 and 4 seeds which have Bama facing Notre Dame in Dallas while Clemson will play OU in Miami.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s not Dallas for Bama since Sooners would overrun their fans there in numbers of support!

Nov 29, 2018, 1:37 PM

Think about it!

But,but..it’s crazy in that Catholics-Irish will overwhelm both Dallas or Miami..

and possibly so would Sooner fans at both venues.

Saying..going to be another well-attended CFP as Dawg & Sooner Fans did last year!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The CFP Committee would just send OU to Miami...

Nov 29, 2018, 1:41 PM

to play Clemson just like they did in 2016.

It's not that crazy to send Alabama to Miami

Nov 29, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to What makes you think Clemson ends-up in Dallas? ]

It's Miami not the Rose Bowl or something. Not that much more distant than Dallas for Bama fans.

If I'm the No. 1 seed, I want Dallas...

Nov 29, 2018, 1:47 PM

Jerry's World in an indoor stadium so the game won't be impacted by adverse weather.

Re: What makes you think Clemson ends-up in Dallas?

Nov 29, 2018, 2:41 PM [ in reply to What makes you think Clemson ends-up in Dallas? ]

I think BigCUFan has got it right!

They won't manipulate seeds if 3

Nov 29, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to What makes you think Clemson ends-up in Dallas? ]

undefeated reams with such a huge gap between 3 and 4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think so either, precedent setter***

Nov 29, 2018, 3:23 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think they would have the balls to do that, when it

Nov 29, 2018, 3:26 PM [ in reply to What makes you think Clemson ends-up in Dallas? ]

would be so obvious what they were doing. When they did it in 2016, they could at least halfway justify it, but it would be hard to explain how the 5 seed jumped undefeated Notre Dame, who has been #3 all along.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think they would have the balls to do that, when it

Nov 29, 2018, 4:00 PM

I think they would do it if OU completely dominates and wins big. I say that because that would avenge OU's only loss, and as conference champs, they had to play that extra game while ND sat on the couch.

Any other scenario I don't see them putting OU over ND.

From collegefootballplayoff.com
"When assigning teams to the two sites, the selection committee will place the top two seeds at the most advantageous sites, weighing criteria such as convenience of travel for its fans, home-crowd advantage or disadvantage and general familiarity with the host city and its stadium. Preference will go to the No. 1 seed."

Will definitely be interesting to see what they do based on the above paragraph. Bama is definitely more familiar with Dallas, but does seem like it would provide a distinct disadvantage (vs OU) due to the proximity to OU. We would lose quite a bit of advantage I think by going to Dallas, but "preference will go to the No. 1 seed."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OR: Clemson, ND, GA, Bama***

Nov 29, 2018, 1:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 2:48 PM

Unfortunately I see ND dropping to 4 and Ok jumping to 3.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 29, 2018, 2:58 PM

I see Clemson as #1 vs OK in Miami, and then ND vs Georgia for the #2/#3 spot.

Bamy get UCF for the 2017 title game.

Clemson vs UGA where Clemson take the dawgs behind the woodshed.

Or that is my preference/dream.

You the 4 teams right - just wrong order....

Nov 29, 2018, 4:09 PM

1- Bama , 2- Clemson , 3- Okla , 4- ND

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,569
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic