Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Democratic Corruption: getting interesting now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 676

Democratic Corruption: getting interesting now

Nov 21, 2019, 4:02 PM

Update

https://mobile.twitter.com/m2madness/status/1197540465224175616

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must have been a bad day for your boy Trump.

Nov 21, 2019, 4:37 PM

I played golf and missed it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Must have been a bad day for your boy Trump.

Nov 21, 2019, 4:45 PM

Hmmm I’m not the only one thinking your corrupt liberal friends fell into a trap lol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thebradfordfile/status/1194856906709491712

Re: Democratic Corruption: getting interesting now

Nov 21, 2019, 4:49 PM

Will you please stop citing Russian articles from Interfax?

Unwittingly spreading Russian disinformation is one thing. Doing it knowing you're doing Putin's work is kind of, well, treasonous.

You do realize Russia is a hostile foreign power and they use weaponized misinformation spread by derps like you to deliberately sow discord among their enemies, right?

Why would you willingly be complicit in that?

Because he really really wants it to be true?***

Nov 21, 2019, 5:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not anything I say lightly, but

Nov 21, 2019, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Democratic Corruption: getting interesting now ]

Memphis is the closest thing I've ever seen to the bought-and-paid-for Russian-backed social media persona that's almost become a cliche since 2016.

I don't know if it's the real thing or if he's just playing the part for fun, but it's pretty disturbing how accurate his depiction of a soldier of Russian/Trump disinformation is...

If he's not getting paid for this, he's being utterly robbed.

Re: It's not anything I say lightly, but

Nov 22, 2019, 7:49 AM

He spreads it almost like it's his job.

Makes you wonder if it, well, is.

I'm pretty certain Memphis just represents the perfect

Nov 22, 2019, 7:59 AM

target for Russian hackers and trolls. He's so loyal to Trump, that he's willing to believe quite literally anything that confirms his bias, and he'll happily disseminate said information as truth. He's doing the paid Russian job for free. It makes me wonder how many Memphis Tigers there are, relative to the Russian troll population. I imagine the Memphis Tigers outweigh the trolls 100 to 1, if not more, given fact that some 40M Trump voters will never, under any circumstance, abandon their idol.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm pretty certain Memphis just represents the perfect

Nov 22, 2019, 9:29 AM

19B® said:

target for Russian hackers and trolls. He's so loyal to Trump, that he's willing to believe quite literally anything that confirms his bias, and he'll happily disseminate said information as truth. He's doing the paid Russian job for free. It makes me wonder how many Memphis Tigers there are, relative to the Russian troll population. I imagine the Memphis Tigers outweigh the trolls 100 to 1, if not more, given fact that some 40M Trump voters will never, under any circumstance, abandon their idol.

I will say TigerNet has some high site traffic, and that could conceivably draw the IRA in. They apparently do analytics and can be counted on to appear at high-volume juncture points. Guardian - among several other major news organizations - has apparently had to all but close their comments section on anything political exactly because of this.

I agree he's probably just a derp, but given how hard the IRA apparently works at this, you do wonder.

so is this the investigation announcement we've been

Nov 21, 2019, 4:54 PM

waiting on?

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukrainian-indictment-reveals-hunter-biden-group-made-165-million-mp

So he was making $50K/month...

Nov 21, 2019, 5:02 PM

then it was millions. And now we're at $165M? I figure by February, he should surpass the US GDP with his ill-gotten Ukrainian proceeds.

Re: so is this the investigation announcement we've been

Nov 21, 2019, 5:03 PM [ in reply to so is this the investigation announcement we've been ]

...and ZeroHedge is Bulgarian-based, also almost certainly a satellite op of Russia's Internet Research Agency, Russia's troll farm that is (sadly successfully) trying to gum up the works for every Western power.

The editor even calls himself "Tyler Durden"...you know, the anarchist alter-ego to Edward Norton in Fight Club who wanted to blow up America. You know, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j09qs3zB_Yk

He's not even being subtle, but then, I guess if your target audience isn't real bright, you don't have to be.

quozzel you're almost as angry as carlsbad today

Nov 21, 2019, 5:11 PM

Re: quozzel you're almost as angry as carlsbad today

Nov 21, 2019, 5:24 PM

I don't like people who deliberately repost lies they know are lies.

This isn't a game. This isn't a political opinion. This is a war, one that is being waged on us by a hostile foreign power...and Memphis has gotten caught posting this Russian troll farm crap repeatedly and yet he keeps doing it.

The whole reason Russia's Internet Research Agency exists is called "asymmetric warfare." Hit the opponent where they are weak. In particular the SVB - the modern-day evolution of the KGB - uses Interfax and ZeroHedge and myriad other websites and social-media platforms to stir the pot...and set American against American.
https://pacscenter.stanford.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Thomas-Davidson_Research-Paper_Fall-2017-18_20171213_Final.pdf

It's extensive, it's pervasive, and it's wormed its way into the fabric of our political discussions. I suspect if you separate the info warfare from our political discourse you'd see a sudden and massive drop in things like white separatism, conspiracy theories, and pseudoscience.

How extensive is it? It's bad. Real bad. One reddit user actually famously made this list a couple years ago on a reddit forum called "The_Donald" and discovered an insane number of Russian fronts pushing so much misinformation it'd take a phone book to list it all:

The official article:
https://arcdigital.media/russian-propaganda-on-reddit-7945dc04eb7b

The best way - the only way - really, to stop this poison is to know what it is, who's doing it...and why they're doing it.

They know they can't defeat us straight-up...so they're using our own internet to try to get us to declare war on one another.

Are these the same Russians Trump colluded with, or the

Nov 21, 2019, 5:29 PM

ones who threw the election with internet trolling? I get so confused with all this Russian stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are these the same Russians Trump colluded with, or the

Nov 21, 2019, 5:44 PM

Tiggity® said:

ones who threw the election with internet trolling? I get so confused with all this Russian stuff.

Yes. And no.

There's two main groups, actually. There's the "Internet Research Agency" - the so-called "Troll Farm." It operates out of St. Petersberg. They infiltrate websites and troll for a living...not just to start arguments, but to manipulate public opinion. They do it everywhere across the Western world, and their purpose appears to be to weaken democracies, and especially NATO. They push hard-right leaders who are hostile to cooperation and they love nationalism...and especially white nationalism. They go a lot further than that, though - the IRA has a big hand in giving, say, the anti-vax movement a huge push. Why? Because it weakens faith in Western institutions.

Those are the guys who were all over the Internet spamming for Trump in the last election, with stuff like this:
https://www.vox.com/2018/5/10/17339864/congress-russia-advertisements-facebook-donald-trump-president

The fascinating part was, they were stirring the pot the other direction too, trying to stir up sentiment against the right even as they were inflaming nationalistic tensions. At one point they even tried to arrange conflicting rallies...at the same time and place.

Dirty. And welcome to the future.

The hacker side is "Fancy Bear". Fancy Bear is a bunch of Russian hackers, most of whom are Russian SVR military officers - some of them very high up the food chain. They were the ones who got ahold of the DNC's servers and dumped those Podesta E-mails via WikiLeaks (which just got Roger Stone in jail) just prior to the 2016 election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fancy_Bear

These guys are good. They're just behind Dark Army - the sort of catch-all phrase for Chinese intelligence-service and corporate hackers - as the world's most proficient group of hackers.

So which one came up with the Colin Kaepernick scheme?

Nov 21, 2019, 5:55 PM

Or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And don’t forget the Aliens

Nov 22, 2019, 12:04 AM

...not the immigrants, the REAL ONES!

They’re gonna show there selves soon and you better quit denying and get ready! It’s for reelz.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all seriousness, why was Romney laughed at when he

Nov 21, 2019, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: quozzel you're almost as angry as carlsbad today ]

Just sit back and think about this for a second.

Nov 21, 2019, 5:42 PM

Why would the Russians even bother? I mean we have enough home-grown dissent in the US to implode with the Russians doing nothing. Could the Russians come up with a plant better than Colin Kirkpatrick? Ummm...no.

We're screwing ourselves over more than the Russians could ever DREAM of.

Re: In all seriousness, why was Romney laughed at when he

Nov 21, 2019, 9:15 PM [ in reply to In all seriousness, why was Romney laughed at when he ]

T3Tiger said:

said the Russians were one of our biggest adversaries? Now that it benefits the narrative, they are suddenly enemy #1? I've been to Moscow before. Maybe I'm a Russian agent too. *sarcasm. You know why Putin laughs at us at these press conferences? Because we are going at each other's throats while they kick back with popcorn. I don't know what the answer is. Maybe a viable third party so it's not always "us against them." Then maybe people would actually vote their conscience and opinion on everything instead of what their team says. And you can't say it's just Republicans that do that. This has been going on both sides at least as far back as the Clinton years.

You're right, it has been both parties and I too would tag it's beginning to the Clinton years. Both parties have their corruption. What concerns me is that billions are being made off of 'hate media'.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry if I'm just a little bit skeptical

Nov 21, 2019, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: quozzel you're almost as angry as carlsbad today ]

Where did you get the idea that it requires high-level

Nov 21, 2019, 6:41 PM

hacking to effectively influence a significant number of low-level voters?

Re: quozzel you're almost as angry as carlsbad today

Nov 21, 2019, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: quozzel you're almost as angry as carlsbad today ]

This is hands down the most successful operation that Russia has ever undertaken on the United States, second only to them stealing nuclear weapons technology in the 40'.

And dolts all over the country are helping them do it. It' astonishing. Even Fiona Hill testified today that the Republicans playing up 'conspiracy theories' that are pure fantasy aid the Russians in their assault against us. Trump and co. and followers have been holding the door open for Putin.

What are you even talking about?

Nov 21, 2019, 9:17 PM

Re: so is this the investigation announcement we've been

Nov 21, 2019, 9:07 PM [ in reply to so is this the investigation announcement we've been ]

Ummm Zerohedge is a Russian site as well, registered in Bulgaria.

Things are unraveling quickly

Nov 21, 2019, 5:20 PM

Just LOL.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/hunter-biden-linked-company-received-130m-in-special-federal-loans-while-joe-biden-was-vp

Washington Examiner is owned by Media DC, which is a

Nov 21, 2019, 5:35 PM

subsidiary of Clarity Media Group, which is owned by Ingleberg Humperdink, whose nanny when he was little was from Russia.

Re: Washington Examiner is owned by Media DC, which is a

Nov 21, 2019, 6:23 PM

You're obviously really bright when it comes to finance. I agree with a lot of your take on money matters.

Why are you being so deliberately obtuse when it comes to this subject? There are a lot more sides than "Democrat versus Republican"...I'm still a registered Republican myself, actually, though the next time around I'll register as an independent.

And Russia is diminished, but they certainly haven't gone away...or gotten any friendlier. To speak to other posters in this thread: yes, Mitt Romney was dead-on when he insisted Russia was still deadly dangerous to American interests. We wanted to believe they were playing nice and finding their place in the post-Soviet world order...and they did try, for about a decade. But around 2005 or so Putin's policy appears to have taken a rather hard swerve towards the Cold War posture...and the Western press did indeed blithely minimize it for the better part of a decade. (And I voted for Romney, by the way, and think he would have made a very good president...I still do, actually.)

Why, you ask, would Russia do this? It's simple and the same old "why".

Power. We have it. They want it.

The world order right now is run by America. We have the largest economy. The dollar is the world's reserve currency and we can print as much of it as we want. We dominate the UN, we control NATO - by far the world's most powerful collective military, by a factor of ten - and we have massive edges in technological capacity and infrastructure. For a former superpower that once thought it was inevitable historical process that the Soviet Union - the creation of Mother Russia - would once control the world, this is galling.

Putin is a former KGB officer. He knows one way to get things: deception and deceit.

Why did he want Trump? It's simple.

Russia's biggest export is oil. Gazprom - Russia's big oil monopoly - is Putin's personal piggy bank. It's estimated he may have as much as $250 billion in stolen Gazprom funds, mostly squirreled away in Western banks. And like all oil producers, Russia wants an end to the Paris Climate Accords because it kills them. Trump backed us out last year.

Russia also saw themselves falling behind massively in the arms race, especially in the nuclear arms race. Their big problem was technology. America had just modernized our nuclear rockets - meaning, they'd actually hit what they were fired at FAR more effectively - and so our arsenal was way more lethal than theirs, despite the fact that both countries had roughly the same number of warheads thanks to the non-profileration treaties we had signed. Trump backed us out of those last year as well.

This helps Russia, a lot. Their tech capabilities still stink, but one thing Russia has a ton of is uranium. If they can mass-produce a lot of warheads they can make up in numbers what we have in tech. Now they can.

They also wanted an end to NATO, for obvious reasons. NATO was spreading across Eastern Europe, even growing to former Soviet Republics like Montenegro, and as of 2019 NATO also recognizes four others who were once Soviet Repubics or satellite nations - Bosnia, Georgia, North Macedonia...and of course, Ukraine. When the world's most powerful military alliance potentially lands right on Putin's doorstep, you can understand why he gets worried.

Trump is hostile to NATO, and doesn't see the point. He doesn't believe in alliances, just transactional relationships. You can see why Putin liked that too.

All of that, and a bunch of other reasons, are why the IRA and Fancy Bear pushed so hard for Trump.

You sure are masterful with flowerdy words and phrases...

Nov 21, 2019, 8:11 PM

and the extent you go to just to impress folks is quite impressive. However, you left one thing out. Dr Hill testified today that the steele dossier is Russian disinformation. She isn't the first to say that. The NYT speculated that some while ago. That speaks to who the Russian wanted as POTUS. Hillary was one of the nine signatures on the document which provided for Russia to purchase uranium too. I don't see Trump extending that consideration to anyone.

There's also this thing about Trump making the US energy independent and a net exporter of oil which is about all Russia has for a cash crop.

Then there's that thing with Ukraine where Trump actually provided them with weapons while Hilldog and Obama only gave them blankets and K-rations.

I'm not disagreeing that Russia is a stick up our rumps but the log China stuck in there makes Russia look trivial.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You sure are masterful with flowerdy words and phrases...

Nov 22, 2019, 7:49 AM

Fascinating.

Googled around and found an article referring to the testimony you're referring to:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/fiona-hill-slams-steele-dossier-it%E2%80%99s-very-likely-russians-planted-disinformation-96056

Now, keep in mind Steele at this point was freelance and working for Fusion GPS there in Washington. Hill's take is that Steele was an opportunistic mercenary with a talent for self-promotion and speculated that he got "had" by Russians...interesting.

Maybe. It does appear that while Steele's dossier had some of its foundational facts right, substantial portions of it ended up later being discredited by Mueller's report.

I did notice Hill provided no corroboration for her speculation that Steele got "had" by the Russkies, though. So it's possible, I suppose, but it's also possible Steele just exaggerated some scuttlebutt that sounded good because he knew it would sell.

Again, though, the nature of Russia's strategy towards the USA is basically pot-stirring - divide and conquer. Putin admitted out of his own mouth he wanted Trump at their disasterous joint appearance in Helsinki a couple years back...but I suppose Putin certainly could have lied; lying and manipulation is what Putin does. I've read several different places, actually, if Putin couldn't have Trump, his second choice wouldn't have been Hillary, it would have been Bernie Sanders...because Putin knew how divisive (and likely economically crippling) Bernie would have been, and a divided and economically crippled America would have been almost as good as a cooperative one. But everything we've seen from how the IRA was operating indicates they play every end; they mostly just want chaos and discord to happen.

So I will posit it certainly could be possible Putin really doesn't care who's in charge, the Russians are just stirring up crap.

Whatever, minimizing the extent of the energy they've put into it - or the effect it's having on the West (their fingerprints were all over Brexit as well) - is dangerous.

TMMLOLIRL***

Nov 22, 2019, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Washington Examiner is owned by Media DC, which is a ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to believe.

Nov 21, 2019, 8:01 PM

I tried the clerk's office and dallied around a bit to see if that was real, as in it is Schiff's public financial information.

I couldn't find it on the official website. If you can give me some directions so I can check it out I'd be really satisfied.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want to believe.

Nov 21, 2019, 8:20 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 676
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic