Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
players who did not attend WH
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

players who did not attend WH

Jan 15, 2019, 12:30 PM

dont need to be talking bad about the visit. They had an invitation and declined. That does not mean you need to voice your opinion on social media and make fun of the food and visit that your other teammates attended. Bad look for the players imo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats the beauty of America, They can say whatever they want

Jan 15, 2019, 12:33 PM

And so can you.

So can Kevin Hart. Oh, wait.***

Jan 15, 2019, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I agree with you and the OP. There's a middle ground.

Jan 15, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Thats the beauty of America, They can say whatever they want ]

Don't go, let your teammates enjoy the opportunity. When your teammates have returned, post what you want. No need to to detract from their positive day and you cn still say your piece. When and how you say it is as important as what you say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sad thing is great people in beautiful AMERICA are so divided

Jan 15, 2019, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Thats the beauty of America, They can say whatever they want ]

and our elected representatives (Politicians!) are not helping US one bit with their divisive & party-ladened words & agendas.

As WiLL Rogers said over 70 years ago:

“Every Politician should be lined uP in a straight line and shot with (only) ONE bullet!”

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thats the beauty of America, They can say whatever they want

Jan 15, 2019, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Thats the beauty of America, They can say whatever they want ]

The ability to do or say something does not make it right. People show their character about how they deal with things they disagree with as much as anything. Judgement is key then in deciding what to say and when to say it.

You sir are correct!

Jan 15, 2019, 12:51 PM

And I do believe the whole world would be happy if we would only follow your lead as well as your character. I for one would like to know everything about you.

So I can do the opposite!

Re: You sir are correct!

Jan 15, 2019, 1:28 PM

Anything in particular that you want to know. What if you agree with me on something? Are you going to do the opposite just out of spite? To narrow down your questions, I support much of what Trump stands for, but I am often disappointed in how he carries himself and goes about it. I am an unapologetic Christian. I am currently in my second marriage and am self employed in the construction industry. Anything else?

Re: players who did not attend WH

Jan 15, 2019, 12:42 PM

Who didn’t go?

Jan 15, 2019, 12:47 PM

what difference does it make ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 1:32 PM

bad look was a bunch of football players in suits and ties getting fed garbage from Mickie D's and Wendys on silver platters. The president could have personally loaded everybody onto a bus and taken them down to Ruth Chris' steakhouse. Instead he hands 1200 bucks to an intern and tells him to make a run through some drive-in windows. If were a Trump supporter, I'd be monumentally embarrassed.

Can you blame him? That 2 for $5 is a deal

Jan 15, 2019, 1:35 PM

https://twitter.com/twitersgoodboy/status/1084987512781791232

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be true if

Jan 15, 2019, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: players who did not attend WH ]

Thank you

Jan 15, 2019, 2:04 PM

All it takes is some basic cognitive ability to understand that during a shutdown, certain staff is not paid (no meal directly from WH staff), the short notice, plus the weather equals no great options for serving an elegant meal.

I guess he could have just had nothing for them to eat, but then he would have been excoriated for that, too.

The small-mindedness of "I hate the president, therefore all things he does is bad" point of view is really pathetic, yet so prevalent.

Re: Thank you

Jan 15, 2019, 2:08 PM

In 2010, the Alabama Crimson Tide went to see Obama, they were not fed. I admire President Trump for making the effort to feed this team out of HIS pocket. Haters will hate all day but they are truly a sad bunch. Go Tigers.

Looks like they did this instead

Jan 15, 2019, 2:32 PM

"In keeping with the Obama administration's emphasis on community service, Saban and a half-dozen players also met with a group of almost two-dozen youngsters from what the president described as one of Washington's "roughest neighborhoods."

The almost all-male group, which got a little practice beforehand on cheering "Roll Tide," was encouraged to stay in school and pursue their dreams."

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/03/alabama_crimson_tide_honored_a.html

Re: Looks like they did this instead

Jan 15, 2019, 2:40 PM

And how do we know CU Tigers and Dabo didnt this? I guess we won't.........

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: players who did not attend WH ]

At least they had a choice:

https://www.oola.com/lifestyle/2286721/kids-tweet-pictures-of-disgusting-school-food-with-hashtag-thanksmichelleobama/

Wow

Jan 15, 2019, 3:04 PM

Wow, that's amazingly relevant to the discussion at hand. Great deflection.

GO TIGERS

They missed out

Jan 15, 2019, 2:43 PM

this was the first natty team to have a meal personally catered by the president. Pretty cool, and so generous of Trump. God bless Trump and his beautiful wall.

Jan 15, 2019, 2:53 PM

They can say whatever they want, actually.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 3:05 PM

Who did this? just curious as to who didn't attend

I prefer to defend Clemson players over politicians.

Jan 15, 2019, 3:29 PM

That's just me not being political.

The food was garbage, and it was there as a political stunt.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic