Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
True American Exceptionalism
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

True American Exceptionalism

Aug 5, 2019, 12:15 AM

We are way out in front on this chart.

Our 2A right to be crazy and carry shall not be infringed, and neither shall our untimely death in the home goods aisle at the neighborhood Walmart, or the disco, the post office, the strip, the mall, the theater, the courthouse, etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True American Exceptionalism

Aug 5, 2019, 4:09 AM

we currently have 393 million guns.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 6:29 AM

So?

Aug 5, 2019, 6:39 AM

meaning we have added over 100 million guns in the last 7 years since that study was taken, or 14 million a year, or roughly 40k guns sold per day. The NRA is great at their jobs and we have a cultural problem of fear in this country. Mass shooting make these problems worse, that is why they are labled acts of domestic terrorism.

And of all places, Texas, not one single "hero" brandished theirs and took down the bad guy with the gun. An interview with a guy in El Paso said his first instinct was to brandish his and find the shooter, but self preservation and helping others flee took over.

And I stand behind what I said, a ban on assault rifles will not stop this problem, and IMO, would fan the flames of division in this country. We have a real problem.

And it also must be noted that 2/3rds of all gun deaths in this country are suicides, which is indicative of other problems. IF you think we are capable of confiscating 400 million fire arms and not expecting a huge backlash, and a even deeper divide in this country, you are mistaken.

Aug 5, 2019, 6:49 AM

Well, one thing is for sure, ground invasion would be certain death for any country trying to take over the US.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 6:52 AM

we have nukes that will prevent that from ever happening. Notice we do not "ground invade" other nuclear powers. And our navy and air force would take them out before they could ever get here.

A civil war on our own turf is far more likely, and we seem to be pointed that direction.. And there are far right militia groups that would love nothing more than to see this, and who also happen to be armed to the teeth. But they would quickly be taken out by tactical drone strikes on our own soil, and those little .223 "assault" riles ain't going to squat against the full might of our military, national guard, and police forces.

But continue on with your "Red Dawn" fantasy

How did his comment

Aug 5, 2019, 7:11 AM

Translate into a 'Red Dawn' fantasy? It looked like a rather matter of fact remark...but not an attempt to incite.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I obviously did not get enough sleep last night, noted.

Aug 5, 2019, 7:13 AM

But it is utter nonsense.

And There would be no possible way for an army that large to cross our oceans and invade this country in the first place.

156K 'total' landed for the Normandy campaigne.

Aug 5, 2019, 8:10 AM

And you think an American Enemy doesn't have the capacity to do the same? You truly are a special stoopid.

If you had any idea how many JUST IN Russian subs are hanging on our coast, you'd pissbown down your legs.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: 156K 'total' landed for the Normandy campaigne.

Aug 5, 2019, 8:46 AM

right, Germany, who was already stretched thin in Russian, would have flown their F16's to intercept our U boats.

Aug 5, 2019, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: True American Exceptionalism ]

Balm, that is assuming a lot in truth . After the Ok. City bombing and conviction there were a few articles that continued looking at the trail. What they said ,going off memory here, was that the support structure for those guys runs very deep. Yes in to the military and Officer core too.

I prefer not to find out whether true or not because a civil war may not end well for either side and will end with the destruction of the Nation.

Aug 5, 2019, 7:19 AM

"far more likely", and hopefull never happens.

Our wars with other nuclear powers are being fought in cyber space.

And I can assure you that the fine people in the Pentagon are not siding with the rebels.

Aug 5, 2019, 7:43 AM

I agree with the "not at Pentagon level", below that at the Division level is where the problems may exist.

the US would cease to exist.

Aug 5, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: True American Exceptionalism ]

Just as in the first Civil War and every other war in the history of....history, It would not be 1 vs 1.

The Confederates immediately tried to get France and Britain to take sides. In the American Revolution, the French aided.

In any conflict on the American continent, Russia, China, Mexico, Iran etc etc etc would be stirring the pot. They may take a side, or they just may get a stick and stir the poop. It would simply be an escalation of what they are doing now. The Russian MO in stirring trouble...."hey, let's you and him fight."

Any outcome that divides America will be seen as a net win for our adversaries.

I'm sure all those bullets will stop tanks***

Aug 5, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: True American Exceptionalism ]

Because of our military, not bozos

Aug 27, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: True American Exceptionalism ]

with large magazine rifles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should start a gofundme campaign for a ticket to india.

Aug 5, 2019, 7:33 AM

I will donate 10 dollars toward finding you a safe home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You should start a gofundme campaign for a ticket to india.

Aug 5, 2019, 8:49 AM

that would be the dumbest place on earth to go considering Pakistan has nukes pointed right at them and their finger on the trigger.

https://www.businessinsider.com/india-pakistan-kashmir-nuclear-weapons-climate-cooling-2019-2

Opps, busted.***

Aug 27, 2019, 8:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

India? Nope. I’m staying.

Aug 5, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to You should start a gofundme campaign for a ticket to india. ]

I’d rather wear a flak jacket and eat crazy for breakfast than smell the rotting corpses on the Ganges.

All I’m saying is we need to deal with the unhinged crazies, since we have so many guns.

Let’s actually do something about it.

There seems to be a direct relationship

Aug 27, 2019, 3:08 PM

between GDP and gun ownership.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2019, 7:19 PM

This article is from December of 2018. It mentions the referenced Alabama study.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2018/12/04/study-us-ranks-64th-list-countries-mass-shootings/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their Data is right, yet their analysis is wrong

Aug 28, 2019, 10:58 AM

and the difference lies between mean and median average and the non-trivial distortion of outliers.

The example of Norway gives a good illustration of just how absurd their use of statistics is. In 2009 and 2010, according to Lott’s data, there were zero mass shooting deaths in Norway. In 2011, far-right extremist Anders Behring Breivik killed eight people in a series of bombings in Oslo, then shot dead 69 more in a massacre at a Labor Party summer camp on Utoya island.

In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, there was not a single death from a mass shooting in Norway.

If we compare the number of mass shooting deaths each year to the population of Norway each year, using the same method we did for the United States, we get an average annual death rate of 2 per million, more than 20 times higher than the rate in the United States (0.09 per million), even though we know there were zero mass shooting deaths in six out of those seven years, in Norway.

Its ridiculous.

All of those articles on Breitbart and every other outlet that refer to that study are intentionally misleading people, and I sadly doubt that anyone reading those articles realizes that.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic