Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney details being kicked out of Augusta National
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney details being kicked out of Augusta National

Apr 10, 2016, 10:02 AM

Swinney details being kicked out of Augusta National

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney details being kicked out of Augusta National

Apr 10, 2016, 10:05 AM

Great story!

Hey Dabo - I'm sure that was Loose Boltz who had you kicked off the grounds in '96!! He's a

Apr 10, 2016, 12:06 PM

bitter Ole Coot!!

I must admit, having driven by Magnolia Lane many times

Apr 10, 2016, 12:06 PM

that it is very tempting when the gates are wide open.

Just to say that I did it. But I always figured that people who tried it were probably never heard from again ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

understand the need for security and not allowing just

Apr 10, 2016, 12:08 PM

anyone to enter the grounds and take pictures. However, the snobbery of the old folks at Augusta National goes beyond tacky. They worry so much about preserving their "who's in and who's out" that they have actually reached a level of absolute tackiness.

Re: understand the need for security and not allowing just

Apr 10, 2016, 12:38 PM

It's called preserving something special and doing it any way they can to make it happen. With today's media and soft society needing to know everything about everything, I applaud them for maintaining the Augusta National ways. The mystic and privacy is one of the thing that makes that place so special.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You realize you can't even purchase a ticket to the

Apr 10, 2016, 12:47 PM

event unless you inherit the right to do so. They have decided what makes them special is their exclusivity and nothing more. That could describe any country club (one of which I had the advantages of growing up with as a child of member parents) in every podunk town across the country. There are PGA events every week. I think you nailed it when you said "doing it any way they can".

Re: You realize you can't even purchase a ticket to the

Apr 10, 2016, 5:07 PM

Its a private club plain and simple. I have been many times and dont' get tickets thru an inheritance. And have never paid more than face value. Put it this way, if every seat at Clemson football games were taken by season ticket holders there would not be tickets available to the average Joe, except for resale, same thing as the Augusta National, they are season ticket holders to the Masters with no seats left.

Re: understand the need for security and not allowing just

Apr 10, 2016, 1:34 PM [ in reply to understand the need for security and not allowing just ]

Orangeblood, you are the most negative person I have seen. You add nothing to any subject but Idiotic rants. I would hate to be around you. I pray you will let Jesus enter your heart to replace the hate for all things in your life.

I called a golf club out for being snobby and tacky. You

Apr 10, 2016, 1:41 PM

launched a personal attack on me. You decided to call me names based on my replies on here to only a handful of subjects. You also made an assumption that another Christian was not Christian. Maybe you need to speak with our lord and savior Jesus Christ a little today about your personal attack on an individual.

If Bernie sanders wins, everyone can play Augusta for free

Apr 10, 2016, 5:06 PM

Anything to punish the rich

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Bernie sanders wins, everyone can play Augusta for free

Apr 10, 2016, 5:44 PM

Yes, the likelihood of this happening is about on par with "we're going to build a large physical wall to keep Mexicans out of the country". Just a totally foreseeable and reasonable thing to expect to happen, you know?

I'm glad someone does the thinking around here.

You forgot the best part! The wall will

Apr 10, 2016, 6:49 PM

be free because the Mexicans will pat for it. Why? Because Trump commandeth.....but Bern is the real comedian.

And here you are with a "hate filled" heart calling someone

Apr 10, 2016, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: understand the need for security and not allowing just ]

a loser. Jesus working wonders in your heart.

That whole splinter in the eye thing ring a bell?

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19262944#19262944

No doubt; silly, shallow snobbishness on steroids.***

Apr 10, 2016, 2:39 PM [ in reply to understand the need for security and not allowing just ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

aoooo.. i am guessing you have never beem invited

Apr 10, 2016, 7:52 PM [ in reply to understand the need for security and not allowing just ]

to the club? It IS a special place and the experience of a lifetime.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think of it like running down the hill before a game...

Apr 11, 2016, 3:58 PM [ in reply to understand the need for security and not allowing just ]

That is a tradition that Clemson football players take great pride in and one that many Clemson student-athletes and coaches have worked very hard for the privilege to take part in. If just anyone is allowed to do it before a game, then it loses its value and history.

Now I might get attacked for this, but playing Augusta National any given day is 100 times more prestigious and rich in history than running down the hill before a Clemson football game to the average person (maybe not a Clemson fan or player). It is not just about preserving their history, but the game of golf as it was meant to be played by the founders of the game and club. There are countless stories of their own members being chastised by not showing proper respect to the game (Tiger Woods showing up in shorts, club champion showing up to the range just to practice versus warming up to play a round, members overplaying/underplaying, closing the course the majority of the year, etc).

Look how many sports have changed over the past decades, selling out to corporate America and big money. Even though they have a perception of being rich and snobby, they sacrifice a lot to make the experience enjoyable and affordable for those that do get the chance to go and respect and appreciate what the course offers (most affordable concessions of any pro event of any sport, free phone access and free photo ops since cell phones are banned Thurs-Sun, free parking). They also have done a lot in the past decade to attract more people to the game of golf with the Drive-Chip-Putt competition and including winners from around the world an invitation to The Masters event.

In a country more and more full of people that whine if everyone isn't included, I commend them for protecting what they've worked so hard to build.

He shoulda sucker punched him and resumed

Apr 10, 2016, 12:32 PM

his picture taking....elitist scum.

elitist indeed. The funny thing is they get the people that

Apr 10, 2016, 12:38 PM

will never be able to even purchase a ticket to the masters, due to lack of bloodlines, to praise their elitist hogwash.

wow, somebody did a number on you

Apr 10, 2016, 1:20 PM

to be so hate-filled. You could not be more wrong. Goes for this post and the majority of the other bilge you post on here regularly.

I have several friends who get Masters tickets. They are neither "elite" nor "rich". They simply signed up on the waiting list, waited their time, and got picked. Took one girl I know 20 years, but she's in now. I'd call most of these people lower-middle class, they certainly aren't well-to-do folks. The ANGC does it as fairly as they can with the amount of people who want them.

And you know how much these rich, greedy, elitist people charge for a 4-day pass? $325.00. That's $81/day. With FREE parking. They could set ticket prices at $1000+ a day and still sell out. They could charge $8 for a sandwich like every other sporting even in the world, but they charge $1.50.

I'd love to know what you would do if you were in charge of Augusta National.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wow, somebody did a number on you

Apr 10, 2016, 1:36 PM

You are exactly right, sir! These people who bash Augusta National and call it "elitist" are just ignorant too what it actually has become and how reasonable it is!! It is the most popular golf event in The World, period...people from around the entire world try to get tickets...so what does ANGC do too try and be fair...they have a lottery drawing for people to win tickets...if you win, then you can get tickets at the most reasonable price of ANY major sporting event in the world. You can eat lunch and have a beer for less than going to your local movie theater. You park for free and are treated with nothing but respect and graciousness, UNLESS you act like a moron once you are in. If you act that way then they will ask you to leave and not come back. Bottom line is you cannot find a more fair, more reasonable ticket price to a major sporting event with as high of demand as you can to The Masters. Why don't you compare that too getting a ticket and the cost and the way you are treated by others at the Superbowl, the World Series, the CFB Championship, or a Major NASCAR event.....good luck finding tickets for a third of the price as The Masters. As I said, Ignorance about this tournament only begits Ignorant comments.

Re: wow, somebody did a number on you

Apr 10, 2016, 5:10 PM

Well said and well said.

Re: FB Update: Swinney details being kicked out of Augusta National

Apr 10, 2016, 6:08 PM

Pretty simple to me. AN is a private club. They can run it anyway they want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Archived Security Footage of Dabo Being Booted!

Apr 10, 2016, 10:47 PM

It cost me 3 egg salad samiches to get this! ;)

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic