Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would Clemson want to play another SEC team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 93
| visibility 1

Would Clemson want to play another SEC team?

Jul 19, 2018, 3:22 PM

OK serious football question here. Does Clemson have any plans to play any other SEC teams in the regular season after the A&M series? You’ve played Auburn recently with good success, but other than a bowl game about 10 or 15 years ago, it’s been a looong time since you’ve played Tennessee. That seems like it would be a good matchup. Yeah, they’re in the crapper right now, but they’re a traditional power - they’ll be back. Or what about Florida? Similar situation as Tennessee, but when is the last time you played them?

I know as Clemson fans you like to rag on the SEC, which is all well and good, but wouldn't proving it on the field be better? Just wondering what your pulse on that is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When was the last time Florida played a non conference

Jul 19, 2018, 3:25 PM

game outside the state of Florida?

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: When was the last time Florida played a non conference

Jul 19, 2018, 3:27 PM

Good point.

Last year vs Michigan****

Jul 19, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to When was the last time Florida played a non conference ]

And before that, it was 1991

Jul 19, 2018, 3:34 PM

and they lost to Syracuse.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: And before that, it was 1991

Jul 19, 2018, 5:53 PM

and they lost to Syracuse.

You guys have a lot in common....

"you guys"?

Jul 19, 2018, 6:06 PM

I thought you were from Georgia?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Forgot

Jul 19, 2018, 9:32 PM

to change his login...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michigan..

Jul 19, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Last year vs Michigan**** ]

Big whoop.
I'm talking about someone who typically finishes in the top half of the division (the last year or two notwithstanding)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Hey moran, we play one or more SEC team every single year***

Jul 19, 2018, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You play South Carolina

Jul 19, 2018, 3:30 PM

Big whoop.
I'm talking about someone who typically finishes in the top half of the division (the last year or two notwithstanding).

Did you see other response? We’ve played two sec teams a year for a pretty long streak.

Jul 19, 2018, 3:32 PM

Hard for you to compare your ooc with ours. Three sec teams that would be a bit ridiculous to play that many in one conference

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not counting cfp bc last 3 years we played three***

Jul 19, 2018, 3:32 PM

If Play Bama..you have played the SEC

Jul 19, 2018, 3:37 PM

No1 else worth playing..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: If Play Bama..you have played the SEC

Jul 19, 2018, 8:20 PM

Big Dawg wants us to play Georgia, Florida, Tennesee, and USuCk all in one season so he can say we wouldn’t make it in the SECLeast. SMDH. Thought this Dawg was better than that...

He really doesn't....

Jul 20, 2018, 6:37 AM

we'd go at least 3-1 in those games any time in the last four years and probably the next four as well.

The SEC is a lot of mediocrity propped up by Alabama and a rotating cast of also-rans who think they're elite programs (like, say, Georgia for example). I'd be happy to play any or all of them.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4-0

Jul 20, 2018, 11:36 AM

fixed it

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Dawgs can bark a lot

Jul 19, 2018, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Did you see other response? We’ve played two sec teams a year for a pretty long streak. ]

but reading isn't really one of their fortes.

Did anybody read the post?

Jul 19, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Did you see other response? We’ve played two sec teams a year for a pretty long streak. ]

I'm talking about REGULAR SEASON games after your series with A&M ends.
There's talk of a couple games with us & y'all, but nothing definite as of yet.
Yes, you play South Carolina, but well, they're South Carolina. And yes, you've had Aub recently and Bama in the CFP.

Would you want a REGULAR SEASON game with someone like Tennessee or Florida if you didn't have another big OOC opponent (other than SC).

sure I wouldn’t count them as big opponents right now but sure***

Jul 19, 2018, 3:41 PM

Re: Did anybody read the post?

Jul 19, 2018, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Did anybody read the post? ]

Yes, there's talk about playing your dawgs, but I think we'd prefer a team out of the tougher (west) side of the $EC. I believe we are trying to get a series with LSU lined up.

Using Tennessee and Florida as examples of teams we should schedule is comical, since you are well aware how bad USuCk is. Not much difference between those three teams at this time.

Jul 19, 2018, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Did anybody read the post? ]

I'd rather play LSU.

Jul 19, 2018, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Did anybody read the post? ]

I wouldn't be upset if we scheduled a home-and-home with any SEC team except maybe Vanderbilt, Kentucky, or Missouri. Just not a whole lot to get excited about playing those 3. I'm a little tired of playing Auburn as we have beaten on them a lot over the past 8 years or so.

We also had a home and home scheduled with Ole Miss...

Jul 19, 2018, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Did anybody read the post? ]

but canceled it when we were told we were going to 9 conference games...which changed once we bailed out ND with a partial schedule in football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would we want to schedule another SEC team?

Jul 19, 2018, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Did anybody read the post? ]

Any team not named Alabama or Auburn would just bring down our strength of schedule. And chances are, as long as we are making the playoffs, one of those two teams will always be there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Agreed.

Jul 19, 2018, 5:34 PM

After what happened to UGA in the championship game last season, I seriously doubt the committee will give them much consideration going forward.

Unfortunately, some programs just aren't ready for the big stage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Agreed.

Jul 19, 2018, 5:56 PM

After what happened to UGA in the championship game last season, I seriously doubt the committee will give them much consideration going forward.

Unfortunately, some programs just aren't ready for the big stage.

I disagree, I think it has more to do clemson's success versus The "U" of GA.....or lack thereof. Now go get your shine box.

I don't understand a word you just said.

Jul 19, 2018, 5:58 PM

Are we shining NC trophies?

I see all those UGAy English classes really paid off***

Jul 19, 2018, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Agreed. ]

LOL

Jul 19, 2018, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Agreed. ]

Are you talking about the 12% increase in viewership over the previous years Championship game?

Yeah, they hated that.

Did y'all get a trophy for that?***

Jul 19, 2018, 6:13 PM

Sounds about right...

Jul 19, 2018, 6:15 PM [ in reply to LOL ]

UGA fans don't travel well, and tend to watch the games on TV. Another issue for them in the eyes of the committee.

Do you ever get anything right?

Jul 19, 2018, 6:35 PM

UGA fans packed the house in M-B stadium. We set records for ticket prices at Notre Dame. We pretty much took over the South Bend/Chicago area for the better part of the week. Same thing in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl. Dude, that's about as uninformed a statement as it gets!

You don't seem very bright***

Jul 19, 2018, 6:37 PM

Re: You don't seem very bright***

Jul 19, 2018, 8:07 PM

The mutt trolls are too stupid to realize they are the ones being trolled

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw that NC game, and those were mostly Alabama fans.

Jul 19, 2018, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Do you ever get anything right? ]

As far as those other games you were talking about, I’m not really familiar b/c they were not NC related. Is the Tax Slayer Bowl in Chicago? I’m stumped on that one.

Re: Agreed.

Jul 19, 2018, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Agreed. ]

Big stage? Seems like Georgia was on the big stage and loss by 3 in OT to the team that kept Clemson from the big stage by 18.

It only took us 4 quarters to beat Alabama...

Jul 19, 2018, 9:27 PM

Y’all couldn’t do it in 7.

Lol.

Re: It only took us 4 quarters to beat Alabama...

Jul 19, 2018, 9:42 PM

We must have watched different games. I would have sworn Bama beat Clemson 24-6.

Jul 19, 2018, 9:54 PM

We beat Auburn our first try.

What about you? A do Over?

We are 1-2 against Alabama the last three times we played them - YOU?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 19, 2018, 10:01 PM

We are 1-2 against Alabama the last three times we played them - YOU?

We are 3-4 the last 7, and they've needed some divine intervention of the highest magnitude to have kept it from being 5-2.

Jul 19, 2018, 10:04 PM

Way to totally dodge the question and not admit that you've lost the last 4 to them.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Apparently we WERE watching different games...

Jul 19, 2018, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: It only took us 4 quarters to beat Alabama... ]

I saw this one too...

Jul 19, 2018, 10:25 PM

and so did that 12% increase in viewership.

Jul 19, 2018, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Did anybody read the post? ]

We are expected to schedule LSU and your puppy dogs in the near future...say less

heck yeah! They won’t do it though probably.

Jul 19, 2018, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Did anybody read the post? ]

I put both those guys in NC States class

Re: You play South Carolina

Jul 19, 2018, 5:08 PM [ in reply to You play South Carolina ]

Sec East is a joke.

Jul 19, 2018, 8:35 PM [ in reply to You play South Carolina ]

Soooooo, Clemson has played UGA, Usuck every year, Auburn, and Bama 3 times in playoff games from the $EC, plus beat LSU a few years ago. Is there someone UGA has played from the ACC other than Clemson from the ACC? I think y'all had a couple of games with UNC a few years ago. What about Miami? VT, NCST, FSU? See where I'm going with this?

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 9:15 PM

I would like to take a road trip to see my Dawgs play at Virginia Tech, and then with them coming to Sanford. Those would be great tailgates and great atmospheres. FSU would be a good home & home as well. I'm kinda luke warm on Miami (their home game atmosphere pretty much sucks), although a Richt/UGA matchup would get some attention. We played UNC 1 game in the Ga Dome in 2016. I have no interest in NCST, or pretty much anyone else in the ACC. (We do kick the crap out of Ga tech about as much as y'all do to SC).

And when have y'all ever played LSU in Baton Rouge? I'm not sure why I have to keep repeating this, but I'm talking about regular season games where your fans are in the opponents stadium, and then they come to your house.

Jul 19, 2018, 9:51 PM

Clemson is working on a home and home with LSU right now.

I'd like to play FLA.

We are working on a home and home and neutral site (if you think ATL is neutral ) with UGA now too.

We play 2 SEC teams every year unless we play Notre Dame.

null

Jul 19, 2018, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: You play South Carolina ]

For the most part, $ec teams have not done a lot of home and homes unless it's close by. I'm sure they have done it at some point but has Bama EVER played an away game against anyone OUTSIDE the $ec except for neutral fields? I can't recall any. And, who does UGA play home and home's with outside Clemson occasionally? Not talking smack, like you, but asking a question. Honestly, I'm not that interested enough to go back and check, but would like to know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 11:32 PM

For the most part, $ec teams have not done a lot of home and homes unless it's close by. I'm sure they have done it at some point but has Bama EVER played an away game against anyone OUTSIDE the $ec except for neutral fields? I can't recall any. And, who does UGA play home and home's with outside Clemson occasionally? Not talking smack, like you, but asking a question. Honestly, I'm not that interested enough to go back and check, but would like to know.

Bama had a home and home with Penn St earlier in the decade, and they actually had a home & home with Duke a couple years before that, but you're right, for the most part Saban's scheduling MO has been 1 neutral site game to start the season and 3 creampuffs at home.

As for us, we played at Notre Dame last year and they come to Athens next year. Prior to our last home & home with y'all, we had home & home series with Colorado, Oklahoma State, and Arizona State all within the last 10 years. We also have an upcoming home & home with UCLA on the books.

Re: Would Clemson want to play another SEC team?

Jul 19, 2018, 3:27 PM

It's safe to say we would all love to play UGA, it's close and competitive and will make for a great national game. Unfortunately scheduling is a lot more difficult, we have ND and A&M as OOC next year and then have to find schools with openings that align with ours willing to give up an OOC game for an extra big game early in the season.

Jul 19, 2018, 3:29 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but the last time we didn't play at least 2 SEC teams in a season was 2001. Rumor has it we plan to add UGA and LSU to the future schedule.

null

Home and away vs usc would be cool***

Jul 19, 2018, 3:29 PM

Jul 19, 2018, 3:36 PM

Played 3 SEC teams last year, However 2 were in a Weak SEC East.

Jul 19, 2018, 5:39 PM

Huh? What two were in the east

Jul 19, 2018, 3:41 PM

Reddawg, you fail to consider that Clemson desires to play Georgia every year. It wasn't our Tigers who backed out of that rivalry. It was your Dawgs. Even though Georgia is well ahead in "the rivalry," Vince Dooley canned that while he was AD even though year in and year out it was one of the most popular rivalries in the nation. He said it wasn't in Georgia's best interest to play Clemson. He wanted his Dawgs to play a cupcake non-conference schedule. That practice still remains. In my opinion, Georgia is the cream of the crop in the SEC Least, at least for now, so why don't you supporters get on the AD's back and insist that he schedule our Clemson Tigers every year? I'll personally guarantee you Clemson will sign on. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ This is all you need to read reddawg***

Jul 19, 2018, 7:01 PM

Clemson is trying to improve its strength of schedule

Jul 19, 2018, 3:46 PM

Not hinder it.

Jul 19, 2018, 3:55 PM

RedDawg said:

OK serious football question here. Does Clemson have any plans to play any other SEC teams in the regular season after the A&M series? You’ve played Auburn recently with good success, but other than a bowl game about 10 or 15 years ago, it’s been a looong time since you’ve played Tennessee. That seems like it would be a good matchup. Yeah, they’re in the crapper right now, but they’re a traditional power - they’ll be back. Or what about Florida? Similar situation as Tennessee, but when is the last time you played them?

I know as Clemson fans you like to rag on the SEC, which is all well and good, but wouldn't proving it on the field be better? Just wondering what your pulse on that is.

Coming from a guy whose team possibly has the weakest OOC schedule in the history of all football?

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-georgia-bulldogs-football-schedule.php

OOC...? Heck, the IC schedule is pathetic, too...***

Jul 19, 2018, 10:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 4:01 PM

I'd love a home and home against Bama.

Jul 19, 2018, 4:08 PM

Most SEC teams won't play home and home series out of conference. Clemson had Ole Miss and ok State on the schedule before the vote to go to 9 games and then not to when the ND deal was struck.

Jul 19, 2018, 4:15 PM

yeah, your team actually has been in the talks, or didn't you hear:
https://ugawire.com/2018/07/08/rumors-of-georgia-clemson-rivalry-revival-heating-up/

Google is a wonderful thing!

Jul 19, 2018, 4:19 PM

Even illiterate Dawgs can use it.

null

Jul 19, 2018, 4:22 PM

If we play UGA, let's play them early in the season because Steve Spurrier says UGA is good for a few suspended players for early games.

Clemson is 5-0 against the SEC the last 3 regular seasons

Jul 19, 2018, 4:34 PM

And Clemson plays more OOC SEC teams than any other team in college football. Like, wut.

Clemson is more worried about beating the ACC teams on the schedule, since they are the only teams other than Alabama to beat us in the last 3 seasons. Clemson has absolutely dominated SEC competition in the regular season.

Jul 19, 2018, 4:35 PM

Oh, btw...here's where Google would have also been your friend...you should have looked up Clemson vs SEC. You'd have found this:
http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/clem/sec.shtml

^ Clemson has at least a 50% win % in 3 of the last 4 decades, including the last 2.

Message was edited by: Tigerman1978

Jul 19, 2018, 4:42 PM

I would love to schedule home and homes with Georgia, LSU and Florida.

I think Georgia is the OTHER SEC team we're after

Jul 19, 2018, 4:54 PM

Their program is in the best shape right now. Would be more of a marquee win for us.

You can't...

Jul 19, 2018, 5:02 PM

melt and pour Tennessee or Florida on us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 5:07 PM

We used to play yall into you linked out of the series whining about the neutral site Fl game left you with too few home games on the year you would play away. When you going to play some decent teams? SEC east is a train wreck. You play SEC east and are questioning our schedule??

Before you throw stones, look at your own glass house.

Jul 19, 2018, 5:31 PM

Your non-conference schedule is stoked with muffins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Who's throwing stones??

Jul 19, 2018, 6:09 PM

Wow, you guys are so freakin paranoid.

It was a serious question. No trash talk, just football discussion between rival fans.

These things are scheduled years in advance. After your series with A&M, you have some openings in your non-con for a few seasons. So does Florida and so does Tennessee. Like I said, those guys are struggling now, but most astute football fans know that's not likely to last forever - based on history. Now yes, word is UGA & Clemson are trying to schedule 2 or 3 games, and we'd all love that. But that still leaves some other seasons. Maybe I should rephrase:

As Tiger fans, would you have any interest in going to a place like Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, or the Swamp in Gainesville - iconic places that likely very few of y'all have ever been - to cheer on your team, with a return date in Clemson?

The question has nothing to do with how long it's been since Florida played outside the state, or what your record has been vs the SEC recently (I mentioned your recent success), or any attack on your team or program in any way. Responding as if it was just makes you look over-sensitive and petty. Sheesh. Just talk football.

Re: Who's throwing stones??

Jul 19, 2018, 6:12 PM

You also said "wouldn't proving it on the field be better"...well, having over a 50% win percentage 3 of 4 decades, wouldn't that be proving it, especially since the percentage has increased each decade?

Jul 19, 2018, 7:16 PM

Exactly, he was incenuating that by adding more SEC teams to our schedule would make it more relevant.
He just lost all credibility saying the very two teams that just fired their head coaches ( Florida - Tennessee ) would make Clemson’s schedule more relevant. The real question is, will UGAY survive Austin Peay? It might be a nail biter this year!

Jul 19, 2018, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Who's throwing stones?? ]

RD,

Tiger fans recall having to play UGA, Ga. Tech and Usuck solely as away games for budgetary purposes. Coach Dooley saw the landscape changing and pulled out of an exciting rivalry. I would love playing UF, UGa., and UT along with USCe on a regular basis, but a likely future nine game conference schedule in all P5 conferences will impact all IOC games.

I get your question! Heck were it not for Usuck’s direct opposition, I honestly believe the SEC would extend an offer to Clemson, but the agreed policy among your select members prevents it from happening.

See you in the near future.

Go Tigers!

They can extend it... I got a machete for it... SECretion...***

Jul 19, 2018, 10:44 PM

Paranoid? You are over on our website trolling.

Jul 19, 2018, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Who's throwing stones?? ]

That's paranoia!

null

Heck man, UGA is right at the top.

Jul 19, 2018, 5:43 PM

Grew up on on Savannah River and love the 1977-1991 when the 2 teams went 6-6-1. (88-89 did not play) UGA is number one for me. Hope we can get this series done!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 6:40 PM

The real question to ask is outside of Alabama , what SEC team would ask to play Clemson right now ? That is almost scheduling a loss on purpose . Hasn't always been the case , but that old saying that Clemson is an ACC school in SEC clothes has never been truer , except now Clemson is a top SEC school.

DB23

weve Played at minimum 2 or 3 SeC teams a year

Jul 19, 2018, 7:11 PM

For the past 10 years or so. And we’ve lost 4 out of 12 games. 2 of those were to the national champions in the playoff. Once to y’all with Cole Stoudt and once to auburn with Cam newton which we missed a wide open TD at the end of the game.

So I assume you’re misinformed or just yanking chains.

When we play SEC teams it’s win win for us. We usually win and everyone assumes they’re good so we get a bump in rankings. We love playing SeC teams.

Lol

Jul 19, 2018, 8:03 PM

Prove it on the field? Can't tell if you were taking a jab at our scheduling or not?

FWIW, we had Ole Miss on the schedule for 2015/2016, but the games were dropped after conference expansion

That being said, we play more SEC teams than any other non-sec team...

Play Sakerlina every year (and usually beat them like a drum)
Played Bama 3 years in a row, going 1-2
Played & beat LSU in their prime in 2012
Went 1-1 against UGA in 2013/2014
Played Auburn 5 times since 2010 (won the last 4)
Have TAMU in the schedule the next 2 years
We even played & beat Kentucky in 09, not that that means anything

And honestly, is there even any question as to how we would fare against Vandy, Tenn, UF, Mizzou, Arky, or Miss St??

B!tch, please... SEC don't want none. That's a given.***

Jul 19, 2018, 8:40 PM

A much simpler question

Jul 19, 2018, 9:02 PM

How many of your "other" SEC teams want to play the Tigers. Hmmm?

Bama? Yes and it goes both ways
Albarn? After the last few meetings, I think not for a while
UGA? Um hum... hot rivalry... our people are talking with your people.
UT? Not so much
Mizzou? LOL
UF? Not so much
LSwho? Not so much
USCjr? Well... after all... they have to
TAMU? Got it home and home 2 yrs running
Vandy? LOL
UK? Not flipping likely
Put Ole Miss and MsSt together and probably still no
Arky? Not yet.

Just my humble opinion.

Re: A much simpler question

Jul 19, 2018, 10:30 PM

With the Chad now at Arkansas I could see he and Dabo scheduling a Home/Home thing real soon-like .

DB23

Re: Would Clemson want to play another SEC team? NO

Jul 19, 2018, 10:05 PM

NO, I do not want more games with the SEC. I would like to play home and home series with different teams with big national reputations. I'd love to play teams that have won 2 or more Nattys in the last 50 years. Nebraska,Ohio State,Oklahoma, Southern Cal and Penn State would all be teams I'd want to add before picking up another SEC squad.

We're 5-2 versus the SEC West in the last 7 or 8 years. In the comparatively recent years we have had home and home series with Georgia, Auburn, SC and TAMU. That is 2 from the SEC EAST and 2 from the SEC West. Folks say we are talking to Georgia about another home and home series but that doesn't mean that much to me.

So NO, I do not want more games with the SEC. If we can't get Southern Cal, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, I'd like to get home and homes with other Big 10 and Pac12 opponents. That might help our recruiting. Seems like we do OK in Georgia and Florida.

Do us a favor DAWG. Beat SC regularly.

Go Tigers!!

Message was edited by: Harley®

Re: Would Clemson want to play another SEC team? NO

Jul 19, 2018, 10:20 PM

Harley® said:

NO, I do not want more games with the SEC. I would like to play home and home series with different teams with a big national reputations. I'd love to play teams that have won 2 or more Nattys in the last 50 years. Nebraska,Ohio State,Oklahoma, Southern Cal and Penn State would all be teams I'd want to add before picking up another SEC squad.

We're 5-2 versus the SEC West in the last 7 or 8 years. In the comparatively recent years we have had home and home series with Georgia, Auburn, SC and TAMU. That is 2 from the SEC EAST and 2 from the SEC West. Folks say we are talking to Georgia about another home and home series but that doesn't mean that much to me.

So NO, I do not want more games with the SEC. If we can't get Southern Cal, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, I'd like to get home and homes with other Big 10 and Pac12 opponents. That might help our recruiting. Seems like we do OK in Georgia and Florida.

Do us a favor DAWG. Beat SC regularly.

Go Tigers!!

Fair enough.
As for SC, well, our overall record vs them is 50-18-2 (.728), vs 69-42-4 (.617) for y’all. We’ve won 6 of the last 10 where you’ve split the last 10 5-5. And historically, they have one 3-game winning streak against us, but otherwise have never beaten us more than twice in a row. They’e had a 5-game streak, a 4-game streak, and several 3-game streaks against y’all, so yeah - mission accomplished.

History...? This is 2018, sport... Keep up.***

Jul 19, 2018, 10:49 PM

Your being an idiot or just a troll.

Jul 19, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Would Clemson want to play another SEC team? NO ]

It’s obvious to everyone where Clemson is right now in the CFB landscape. There is Bama, Clemson, and then Ohio State (which we beat like a drum). So don’t act like the Dawgs are back bc one year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you play the first 40 games in Columbia?

Jul 20, 2018, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Clemson want to play another SEC team? NO ]

No? Then #### off.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rumor has it...

Jul 19, 2018, 10:06 PM

There is a series with LSU in the makings

Jul 19, 2018, 10:10 PM

Using your calculus, what if Georgia played FSU, VT, Miami & oh say Notre Dame every year instead of SCar, GaTech, Vandy & KY. Reckon how that would go?

I’d except “traditional powers” Tenn & Fla. LMAO

Replies: 93
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic