Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You people whining about refs are the most annoying bunch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

You people whining about refs are the most annoying bunch

Nov 13, 2016, 2:02 PM

Flame me all you want here, but Dabo makes a lot more money to do his job rather than a ref makes to do theirs. The refs were bad at times, but we've seen several games this year with quesitonable calls that have gone our way.

3 INTs killed our team. Poor clock management on the last drive killed our team. We snapped the ball twice in the last drive with the clock running and 25-30sec on the play clock. Has anyone acknowledged the fact that had we operated with a clue on O that we could've punted the ball and given it to Pitt on the 20 with about 40secs and no TOs left in this scenario?

How about running from the power formation on two consecutive plays against a team that had handled us upfront all day. We threw it 70 times! That was clearly our best play and we abandoned it on 4th down and it cost us. We needed one yard on two plays and we took the ball way off the LOS both times.

DW has been terrible in the redzone, and after 2 picks I told the guy in front of me that I would run it 3 times from the 7 or throw fades to Mike, or any combination of the two. Something safe. Then kick a FG and we're up two possessions and we win. Nope, pick!

We had the ball 3 times around midfield with an 8pt lead and couldn't do anything with it from inept play calling.

And can we please hold BV accountable some for the fact that anytime we play an O with a pulse they are gaining 450+yds on us and 30+pts? we had a great streak of consecutive with no team reaching 30pts, but now we have given up 30pts or more in 7 of our last 14 games. The D is undisciplined at times, can't read assignments, and blow way too many coverages. We consistently give up more big plays than any other quality team out there.

But yes, the refs were terrible and that is why we lost. Get over yourselves and go "protest" with other people in this country who blame everyone but themselves and those who are actually responsible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the same people on here crying over refs are the same

Nov 13, 2016, 2:07 PM

people who hammer away at Louisville and SCar fans when they do the same thing. If a game is close enough for the refs to influence against a 5-4 team, then screw it and we didn't play well enough to win.

You are right on it, TS....good post**********

Nov 13, 2016, 2:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You people whining about refs are the most annoying bunch

Nov 13, 2016, 2:12 PM

Sorry they annoy you. Are you sure YOU aren't the one who needs a safe space? Sound awfully "triggered" to me. Sure there are things Dabo/DW4/Venables could'de done differently.

Guess what? They will. We expect them to address these issues. To sit around idly and act like there is nothing we can do about the officiating though is like sitting around sucking your thumb.

So yeah I think everything needs to be addressed and you know what? Losing our 2nd game in 2 years means all of the guys YOU are whining about are pretty #### good at addressing things in their house. Do you know what the one thing is that isn't being addressed? Ding ding ding!!! It's been terrible. It is still terrible. It is officiating. It needs to improve dramatically.

Staring a new thread to whine about people whining. You sir are the one who deserves a participation trophy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Officiating is good or bad sometimes. It's part of the game

Nov 13, 2016, 2:16 PM

and when you make enough mistakes for the game to be close enough for the refs to influence it, then you are responsible for that.

I don't remember Pitt being called any false starts, illegal shifts, illegal formations which was amazing considering all their presnap motion. And they had 1 turnover. Had we played half as clean as they did then we win by double digits.

Re: Officiating is good or bad sometimes. It's part of the game

Nov 13, 2016, 2:29 PM

Officiating did not cost us the game. However, it was a factor. The tackle by Boulware and the last questionable interference calls were factors. I was sitting directly behind the Pitt bench and saw something I have never seen before. Narduzzi spent much of his time during time outs talking to the officials. It was unreal.

Oh that's the problem. Refs who are paid to make CORRECT

Nov 13, 2016, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Officiating is good or bad sometimes. It's part of the game ]

calls are let off the hook due to players making mistakes. LOL!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW by himself made more bad decisions than the refs did.

Nov 13, 2016, 2:50 PM

Refs make maybe 5 bad calls a game if that, and that is far more than the number of mistakes that our players make in just one half on one side of the ball.

players and coaches

Nov 13, 2016, 2:52 PM

are supposed to impact the outcome of the game, not officials. All parties had an impact and that's what I have an issue with.

And I agree 100% with that statement. My issue is with

Nov 13, 2016, 2:55 PM

certain people on here who are going out of there way to blame the refs for our loss and that isn't the case at all. Part of it, yes, but not the full reason. We still dictated the outcome of that game. I just saw on facebook a post someone made about pointing out that a ref was a SCar grad or some crap. That's crybaby crap and it makes us look pathetic.

Deshaun Watson's play has NOTHING to do with

Nov 13, 2016, 2:57 PM [ in reply to DW by himself made more bad decisions than the refs did. ]

INCORRECT calls by the refs. You need to take your advice and "get over yourself".

Re: Deshaun Watson's play has NOTHING to do with

Nov 13, 2016, 2:59 PM

And bad calls by the refs had nothing to do with DW 3 bad plays that cost us points and were the difference in the game.

Nov 13, 2016, 2:34 PM

TL;DR;, but of what I did read I'd agree. However, officiating was a factor as well. I, for one, believe that it shouldn't ever come down to officiating. We got dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. With Pagano out why didn't we bring Bryant back in at DE and slide Wilkins back inside?

Regardless, we just plain got beat and I'd say that it was everything from play calling, execution, cockiness, being beat at the line, bad defense and lastly officiating.

Are you whining about whining?

Nov 13, 2016, 2:36 PM

You are right though - the refs were only one reason we lost. Problem is, the refs shouldn't be one of them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

coaching lost us this game, simple***

Nov 13, 2016, 2:40 PM

Nov 13, 2016, 2:49 PM

You are correct sir. The officiating was terrible. However, in the 4th quarter we had the ball 3 times at or near mid-field with an 8 point lead, and came away with nothing. Even after Pitt scored, we got the ball back,but fail twice to pickup one yard for a first down. An offense that had virtually been unstoppable for 3 quarters suddenly couldn't do anything right in the 4th quarter.

I have not watched the replays, but if my memory is correct there were three plays in the final drives that hurt.

On our 1st position in the 4th gtr Watson hit Williams down the side line. Maybe the dback got a hand on the ball, but on the replay it looked as if Williams just didn't hold onto it.

On the next drive, Watson had CJ wide open on the throw back, but it seemed like Watson waited too long to deliver the ball, which gave the dback time to make a play.

On the final play, the second down pass to Williams was low. If the ball is up, maybe he gets the first down, and game over.

This is my perception from the game.

In the end, bad calls and all, the game was ours to win, and we didn't do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 2:57 PM

Oh how they laughed and made fun of Jimbo a few weeks ago.

Nov 13, 2016, 3:15 PM

Jimbo whined about a call that was correct. Blocking below the waist outside of the box. He whined after the game too! We had a ridiculous PF against Boulware (2nd in 2 weeks) and a totally phantom PI on Wallace, both on key 3rd down stops. Dabo didn't whine after the game and I certainly think there is justification to question the calls and what appears to be a pattern (could be plain incompetence)!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 3:02 PM

of course we did a lot of things that caused us to lose but the facts are facts. the head ref is a cot graduate. in the 8 games he did not ref our games we averaged 5 penalties for 25 yards. in the 2 he reffed we had 10 penalties in both games for 100 plus yards. just a coincidence i am sure.

Nov 13, 2016, 3:14 PM

quit blaming refs idiot

Nov 13, 2016, 3:16 PM

guessing reading comprehension is not to strong with you also huh. guess i aint on im anymore. please put me back.

Nov 13, 2016, 3:18 PM

Said he was a coot grad ! Etc too bad no wreck on your way home

Nov 13, 2016, 3:18 PM

at least i was there.

Nov 13, 2016, 3:20 PM

And ? So was I lmao u are a f ing idiot