Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swearinger's dirty play continues in NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Swearinger's dirty play continues in NFL

Aug 18, 2013, 2:14 PM

Miami Dolphins tight end Dustin Keller will miss the entire 2013 season due to a serious right knee injury he suffered Saturday night against the Houston Texans, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The news was earlier reported by FoxSports.com.

Keller tore his ACL, MCL and PCL and also dislocated his knee, a source familiar with the injury told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Dolphins haven't provided any official word on Keller's injury.

Keller's leg bent unnaturally when he was tackled on the right knee by D.J. Swearinger on an incomplete pass Saturday night. He immediately grabbed his right knee and was soon carted off the field.

"With the rules in this era you've got to hit low," Swearinger told ESPN.com's Tania Ganguli after Saturday night's game against the Dolphins. "If I would have hit him high, I would have gotten a fine. So I think I made the smartest play. I'm sorry it happened and I pray he has a speedy recovery. ... Right now it's just instinct. You see somebody come across the middle, you gotta go low. You're going to cost your team 15 yards. You've got to play within the rules."

The rookie safety said he knew he had to change his playing style after being penalized for high hits in college.

"My senior year I had like three helmet-to-helmet [penalties]," Swearinger told ESPN.com. "I knew I had to change my style of play and start targeting low."

Swearinger also tweeted get-well wishes to Keller, although he identified him incorrectly as "Justin."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swearinger's dirty play continues in NFL

Aug 18, 2013, 2:16 PM

I hope somebody returns the favor soon, DJ is a punk and a thug...

You obviously didn't look at any replays on the hit....

Aug 18, 2013, 2:21 PM

making you a little bit of a know nothing.

The hit was in the upper thigh and Keller's spikes got locked up in the turf. Get it right if you're going to post it.

Tell 'em coot***

Aug 18, 2013, 2:47 PM

Re: Tell 'em coot***

Aug 18, 2013, 2:58 PM

Coot or not, he/she is correct. There was nothing wrong with the hit and the announcers made that perfectly clear as will a replay to anyone who wants to watch it objectively. Around here, a hard hit by a tiger is a great play by a rhodes scholar whereas one by any gamecock is a cheap shot from an ignorant punk. There are a lot of grapes starting to sour around here. Wonder if Dabo will change that?

You obviously didn't look at any replays on the hit....

Aug 18, 2013, 2:21 PM

making you a little bit of a know nothing.

The hit was in the upper thigh and Keller's spikes got locked up in the turf. Get it right if you're going to post it.

Tell 'em coot again.

Aug 18, 2013, 2:49 PM

Settle down coot, you are too excited.

^^^^^LOL!!!^^^^^***

Aug 18, 2013, 11:14 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Aug 18, 2013, 2:24 PM

Come on guys did anyone say it was a thuggish hit when the same hit was put on Lattimore resulting in the same injury? It was legal and 999 times out of 1000 results in a tackle not an injury.

Even the announcers said that was a legal hit and no maliciousness. Even stated how Swearinger was noticeably upset.

The hit on Ellington and standing over him was pretty bad but was also a big game and a big hit. He was penalized but there is no instance of him getting in trouble over the years. Even folks from Greenwood say he was a good kid growing up. Pretty silly to make fun of someone with no facts. Hard hitting safety is all to see here folks

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2013, 2:25 PM

Not really dirty play... he tried to hit him in the thighs and knock him to the ground and got his knee. There's not much you can do about that, if he launched himself and Keller's helmet and knocked him out cold then we can call it a dirty play. This is just an accident in football.

Aug 18, 2013, 2:29 PM

Why don't some of you children just admit to being ticked off at him for sending AE "whirlybirding" on a bone-crunching hit. That's what all this is about.

Tell 'em coot

Aug 18, 2013, 2:46 PM

smh

Re: Tell 'em coot

Aug 18, 2013, 3:25 PM

Much obliged, "tater"

Tell 'em coot

Aug 18, 2013, 4:41 PM

Why do you pretend to be a Tiger ? Ashamed ?

Aug 18, 2013, 5:43 PM

Tell em coot

Motor city bengal you used the wrong handle

Aug 18, 2013, 7:30 PM

LOL

Aug 18, 2013, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Tell 'em coot ]

Well, I'm not pretending if I'm a Tiger fan, am I? But of course, if I don't fit your definition of a "true" Tiger fan, then nothing I ever say will change your mind. I simply refuse to accept ignorant and illogical statements made on this board, just because a Tiger fan happens to be the author. I'm not an optimist or a pessimist, just a Clemson realist, and sadly that is not very popular on this board.

Tell 'em coot... good job...you did not use brookyb

Aug 18, 2013, 10:08 PM

smh

Re: Tell 'em coot... good job...you did not use brookyb

Aug 19, 2013, 7:18 AM

Hey 80, that's quite a long sentence for a child of few words, and a mind with fewer thoughts! LOL!

Tell 'em brookyb

Aug 19, 2013, 10:51 AM

I mean motor city bengal LOL

Tell 'em coot?

Aug 19, 2013, 12:56 PM

Figured I'd try that out, while clemson80tiger is being so chatty.

Aug 18, 2013, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Swearinger's dirty play continues in NFL ]

I'm ticked off? I just defended the guy. Try opening your eyes and reading next time. It was a normal tackle, I saw the play, there was nothing dirty about it.

Aug 19, 2013, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Swearinger's dirty play continues in NFL ]

AE lack of awareness-setting himself up to be hit that hard, swearinger taunting afterwards are the only things that PI*S me off about that play. ( still ,amazing he held on to the ball. )

Re: The Lattimore Ligament Trifecta***

Aug 18, 2013, 2:28 PM

nm

He has a point.

Aug 18, 2013, 2:34 PM

Unless you change the game to 2 hand touch, then tackles will be made. If you say you can't hit a receiver high, then by definition you have to tackle them low. Law of unintended consequences says that your gonna have more leg injuries from low tackles.

BTW, there was nothing illegal or dirty about the hit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has a point.

Aug 18, 2013, 2:48 PM

when players TARGET the knee this is what happens..a tackle can be made with out hits to the head of knees!! get real

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen the play?

Aug 18, 2013, 2:58 PM

It was a tackle low. It wan't dirty at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQtwZopF7s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you seen the play?

Aug 18, 2013, 3:21 PM

thom, you are making things tough with presenting facts on a thread. many are just in to name calling and hating certain things reguardless of the truth. thanks for the video.

It's football

Aug 18, 2013, 2:37 PM

Nothing dirty bout the hit, I seen it when it happen. Things like this happen.

Aug 18, 2013, 2:47 PM

once A THUG always a thug!!its just part of being a c$$t

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2013, 3:48 PM

didn.t see the play & don't care about DJ because he is a mouthy disrespectful punk. After his last Clemson game he mouthed off to Dabo. Dabo didn't respond back, but the next day Dabo told his team that if any member of Clemson's team ever showed any disrespect to an opposing coach , they would be kicked off the team. That is the difference between Clemson & the coots

Aug 18, 2013, 4:21 PM

don't confuse me with the facts my mind is made up. ^^^^^

you shouldn't be so steadfast, when you are wrong. it

Aug 18, 2013, 4:36 PM

makes it hard to get back on the right track!

The hit doesn't bother me, but Swearinger's reaction does.

Aug 18, 2013, 6:54 PM

The rule changes to protect against high hits are going to lead to more gruesome lower body injuries like this, but Swearinger is a punk and takes pleasure in this kind of thing.

Aug 18, 2013, 7:39 PM

Clean hit. Even went over to the guy on cart before he was carted off. He was pumped after the play until he realized the guy was hurt. You guys need to get the sand out your ###### and take off your orange tinted glasses. And no I'm not a coot

Dont care if its clean or dirty...to use a baseball analogy:

Aug 18, 2013, 11:08 PM

I hope someone puts one in his earhole.....

JUST SAYIN

typical coot

Aug 18, 2013, 11:34 PM

There are other forms of tackles besides helmet to helmet and taking out knees, just form tackle!!...and he was apologizing on twitter and called him Justin instead of Dustin smh

Haters gonna hate......

Aug 19, 2013, 9:11 AM

I get that......but the only way that hit was illegal is if they were playing European Football, meaning soccer.

Silly coot, just wrap up and don't lower your helmet

Aug 19, 2013, 11:18 AM

If someone would have taught your ignant @ss that you don't tackle with your helmet, you tackle with your arms maybe you wouldn't be giving people concussions or torn ACLs. I guess when you're taught to only care about yourself, this is what happens. I'm sure you'll continue the proud coot Texan DB tradition left by Duante Robinson.

Aug 19, 2013, 11:27 AM

You should not always let your bias determine how you feel about every situation. It looks like a good clean hit to me.

It's football...Keller got hurt...it happens***

Aug 19, 2013, 11:37 AM

It'd be an interesting stat to see how much more frequently

Aug 19, 2013, 12:57 PM

leg injuries are going to occur with the new targeting rule.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic