Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Phil Steele's Bowl Projection for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

FB Update: Phil Steele's Bowl Projection for Clemson

Oct 15, 2014, 8:34 AM

Phil Steele's Bowl Projection for Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's in my wallet? not much if we keep going to south fla

Oct 15, 2014, 9:10 AM

every year.....I'll take it every year though!!

A Miss St & Cow BeLL game turns me oFF..unlike Buckeye game

Oct 15, 2014, 9:27 AM

GoTiGERS...Light em uP Men!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The cowbells were acceptable whenever they sucked.***

Oct 15, 2014, 11:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You obviously didn't go to the '99 Peach Bowl.

Oct 15, 2014, 12:09 PM

#### the cowbells.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what's in my wallet? not much if we keep going to south fla

Oct 15, 2014, 9:53 AM [ in reply to what's in my wallet? not much if we keep going to south fla ]

All day long

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2014, 8:39 PM [ in reply to what's in my wallet? not much if we keep going to south fla ]

I really don't want us to have to play Miss. St. They would eat our OL alive.
At this point, we are not physically a match for them. I do think they are
the #1 team in the nation.

Oct 16, 2014, 8:52 PM [ in reply to what's in my wallet? not much if we keep going to south fla ]

Bunch of clowns on this site. Then don't go if you can't afford it. Where would you rather CU go, S Florida or Nashville, Charlotte, etc.? Umm, chance at winning the Orange Bowl versus winning the Belk Bowl...

I don't get it. MSU is undefeated and has beaten

Oct 15, 2014, 10:03 AM

some pretty good teams. We have lost 2 games. The only thing I can figure out is that they don't think MSU is the real deal and will lose at least a couple of its remaining games. That is a stretch, IMHO.

Re: I don't get it. MSU is undefeated and has beaten

Oct 15, 2014, 10:32 AM

They believe Miss St will lose to Bama, and Ole Miss. Either way we'll end up getting the one of these 3 in the event they keep winning. Clemson will play against a SEC team due to now there is no only 2 teams from a conference rule the SEC will be overloaded in the Playoff selection bowl committee games.

Oct 16, 2014, 8:47 PM

First off, I believe Miss, ST, is for real. If we lose to BC, which we may well do,
it will be academic. Anyhow, with our OL, we probably lose to any of those teams.

They'll probably lose to Arkansas, Alabama & Ole Miss***

Oct 15, 2014, 11:11 AM [ in reply to I don't get it. MSU is undefeated and has beaten ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But in the prediction, probably just losing to Ole Miss

Oct 15, 2014, 11:12 AM

or Bama and not making the championship game.

An 11-1 SEC West team is probably going to the playoffs

Oct 15, 2014, 12:04 PM

whether that's deserved or not.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a hard time seeing them losing to Arkansas.

Oct 15, 2014, 11:43 AM [ in reply to They'll probably lose to Arkansas, Alabama & Ole Miss*** ]

Granted Arkansas has played everyone tough, but Miss St can match them at the LoS on both sides of the ball, and that's a home game for MSU. @Bama and @Ole Miss will be tough.

Honestly, if they finish 11-1 with just 1 loss to either of those teams they probably deserve to be in the playoff. They could very easily win the west with 1 loss too. Look at the remaining schedules for the other major players over there.

Auburn - @Ole Miss, TAMU, @UGA, @Bama
Bama - TAMU, @Tenn, @LSU, MSU, Auburn
Ole Miss - @LSU, Auburn, @Ark, MSU

I would be surprised if Bama and Auburn finish better than 6-2. Ole Miss probably has the easiest remaining schedule of anyone.

Re: I have a hard time seeing them losing to Arkansas.

Oct 15, 2014, 11:53 AM

I looks like they are guessing that only 1 from each conference will make the playoffs and it looks like they think Ole Miss will be that team. Season is only half over and a lot of tough games for the SECheat West left. Only time will tell. I think FSU will lose at least 2 games if I was a betting man. I think Louisville and BC will beat them. As bad as I hat to pull for them this weekend It may be the only time Notre Dame will lose and I think Louisville Defense is good enough to shut down FSU and BC defense is pretty good with a power running game. If we had a power running game we would be in the top 5 right now ourselves, regardless of who's at QB. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2014, 8:55 PM

Ain't gonna happen. Louisville isn't a great team. We are just an average team at this point.
No offense, excellent defense.

Oct 16, 2014, 9:05 PM [ in reply to I have a hard time seeing them losing to Arkansas. ]

I agree and believe they beat Bama and Army.

Only way I see Miss St not going to the playoff is if they lose the Egg Bowl and the SEC Championship.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Arky

Oct 16, 2014, 9:08 PM

Spell check changed to Army.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kentucky is good enough to get them in a letdown.

Oct 15, 2014, 12:07 PM [ in reply to They'll probably lose to Arkansas, Alabama & Ole Miss*** ]

Arkansas...I don't think so.

I also don't believe Alabama is very good this year. No doubt there is talent on the field but they are not the cohesive unit they have been over the last half decade. Programs have a hard time staying on top because players leave and when you have juniors and seniors who have had very few tough games in their career, they tend to get fat and happy and lose focus. I'm guessing it's just human nature by the consistency of the phenomenon.

Re: They'll probably lose to Arkansas, Alabama & Ole Miss***

Oct 16, 2014, 8:48 PM [ in reply to They'll probably lose to Arkansas, Alabama & Ole Miss*** ]

Hope you don't put any money down on that prediction.

You bought the ESPN hype.

Oct 15, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to I don't get it. MSU is undefeated and has beaten ]

Mississippi State has beaten *one* good team, Auburn. LSU and Texas A&M are vastly overrated.

What's your definition of good? TAMU and LSU arent

Oct 15, 2014, 12:18 PM

great teams, but i would still say they are "good" teams. Auburn is a great team - probably top 5 despite the loss @Miss St.

Neither is a top 25 team.

Oct 15, 2014, 12:34 PM

But the wins get hyped like they're top ten teams. It's BS.

I agree on your 2nd point, but i couldn't say definitively

Oct 15, 2014, 12:41 PM

that LSU and A&M aren't better than teams like Utah, Nebraska, Marshall, etc.

Oct 16, 2014, 8:41 PM [ in reply to I don't get it. MSU is undefeated and has beaten ]

I agree. We really don't want to play this team.

Miami for New Years. The Orange Bowl.

Oct 15, 2014, 12:13 PM

Another chance to knock of a $EC opponent? I'm so in. I'll be scraping together every penny. Maybe a generous family member would like to give me a nice Christmas present and help pay for my plane ticket or hotel

Re: Miami for New Years. The Orange Bowl.

Oct 16, 2014, 8:58 PM

I really don't think we'll be there.

no playoffs? Miami it is then

Oct 15, 2014, 2:41 PM

If we're not in the playoffs, I'll take a trip to Miami every year!! I love citrus fruits

Re: So title will be vacated in a few years...

Oct 15, 2014, 6:23 PM

So obviously what he is saying is that in a year or two, both teams in the final will have to give up all wins during this season, and we will have no National Champion on record.

I guess I agree...

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic