Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SST Old man rant of the day - 9/3
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

SST Old man rant of the day - 9/3

Sep 3, 2019, 9:25 AM

Went to the new Pour Taproom in the hip part of Atlanta, pretty cool concept. You put your credit card down at the beginning, get a glass and a badge with an RFID code and you can scan it at like one of the 50 taps they have on the walls.

Pretty cool concept, great selection and good TV setup. It looks like they have locations in Greenville and Charlotte so I'm sure a few of you have been before.

Where the old man rant starts is when I was ready to pay they had a sign to simply drop the badge into a bucket and your card would be charged later, but another note at the bottom "20% will be added to all checks for gratuity/service charge"

What service am I paying for at a self-serve location?? (IB4 Mr. Pink Reservoir Dogs rant)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m with you on that ########.

Sep 3, 2019, 9:29 AM

I say we storm the building and drink up all their beer!

I found two more guys to join you....eh?

Sep 3, 2019, 9:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't care about the beer or anything else. That's a deal

Sep 3, 2019, 9:55 AM

breaker there. No way I'd go back. Principle over beer.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pour Taproom on King St. has the same set up,

Sep 3, 2019, 10:00 AM

but I don't think they do the gratuity bullshit at the end. That's dumb.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The local place in Aiken does that, but ALLEDGEDLY

Sep 3, 2019, 10:51 AM

all tips go to charity. They pay their staff (i.e. the millenial who takes your card and gives you the badge) minimum wage or more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Also, you can check out at the counter and choose not to tip

Sep 3, 2019, 10:52 AM

if you want. You don't have to drop it in the bucket and incur the tip.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Unless they've changed since the last time I was in there,

Sep 3, 2019, 10:53 AM

the Greenville location allows you to either drop your wrist band and get charged the 20% or go the counter and close out how you normally would and leave whatever amount you would like as tip. I always opt for that option.

ROH

Hmm all I saw was the sign about dropping in box

Sep 3, 2019, 12:40 PM

and tipping, I didn't know closing out was an option.

Hopefully the imaginary waiter doesn't shame me on FB for not tipping 20%

But why go there when you can go on down to

Sep 3, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Unless they've changed since the last time I was in there, ]

Gringos and watch the dance party?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I loathe Gringos

Sep 3, 2019, 4:31 PM

More than any bar in Greenville probably. Not a big fan of Reys either. Too many people in both.

ROH

Imagine 4 one couple nearly 40 and the other a few

Sep 3, 2019, 4:36 PM

trips around the sun past 40 ending up in there. Happened to me a weekend before last.

The people watching was good but I know we looked suspicious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's the Rural Fire Dept code for?***

Sep 3, 2019, 11:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you visit the bathroom?

Sep 3, 2019, 11:54 AM

Did they hold it while you took a ####?

Are you sure that 20% wasn't

Sep 3, 2019, 12:44 PM

for if you failed to close your tab? If not, then I'm with you and shall never darken their door again.

Nope, specifically told you to drop your card there

Sep 3, 2019, 1:28 PM

and to not worry about closing out because "20% will be automatically added"

Going to have to burn that place down I reckon.***

Sep 3, 2019, 2:51 PM

I'm not sure why people even want to go to places like that.

Sep 3, 2019, 2:32 PM

If I can't be handed an ice cold Schlitz with a sneer and a sarcastic comment by a rode hard and put up wet biker chick wearing a leather bustier while honky tonk music blares loud and tinny on a vintage jukebox, then I might as well stay home.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to hit up Northside Tavern next time

Sep 3, 2019, 2:52 PM

you're in town

Totally looks like my kind of place.

Sep 3, 2019, 3:11 PM
Capture.JPG(84.9 K)

I just found out there's a dive bar just outside of Rock Hill I didn't know was there called D'Pour House. I need to go check it out as soon as humanly possible.

Has that place been open in the last ten years?

Sep 3, 2019, 3:33 PM

It doesn't look like its been open in the last ten years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, it has and it's open now.

Sep 3, 2019, 4:19 PM

Chatting with one of my motorcycle enthusiast pals this weekend and he said the new change of ownership sort of ran off the really rough element that used to go there and it's more of a country bar than a biker bar now. He rattled off about 4 different names that the place has been over the years, so obviously it's been there a while. But you're right...the Google Street View does sort of make it look like an abandoned gas station. And THAT is part of its dive bar charm, I'd say.

A lot of things became former gas stations in York

Sep 3, 2019, 4:27 PM

Co circa 1990. Though you could still buy beer and drink it there at Smith's on 49 until Miss Lois died and Smiley got too old.

There were a number of drink-in establishments on 274/49 as

Sep 3, 2019, 4:34 PM

you head into Lake Wylie that were former gas stations but development up that way has pretty well made all of them a memory.

I think even this place is gone now.

Sep 3, 2019, 4:38 PM

Or course the fellas that haunted the place are starting to fall off at a pace faster than I care to think about.

You ever stop in Steve Cooper's Coop right at the state line

Sep 3, 2019, 4:41 PM

on 274 like you;re heading to Gastonia? I've seen that place for years and never stopped in there. Looks like my kind of dive though.

I've passed it countless times but never had

Sep 3, 2019, 4:43 PM

a reason to stop in. I know I was 21 the last time I past the joint on my way to do some drinking, but that isn't where we picked. Maybe we need to map out a York Co. Dive tour to occupy February.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic