Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sooners: Watson is good, but we've seen it all before
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

New Story: Sooners: Watson is good, but we've seen it all before

Dec 28, 2015, 7:01 AM

Sooners: Watson is good, but we've seen it all before

The Oklahoma Sooners understand what Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson brings to the table from a playmaking standpoint, but they aren’t scared to face the Tigers’ talented sophomore signal caller. They’ve seen it all before. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tapper seems to be foolish by doing this.

Dec 28, 2015, 7:07 AM

What is the purpose?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tapper seems to be foolish by doing this.

Dec 28, 2015, 7:25 AM

Like Frank Lucas in American Gangster said, "the loudest man in the room is the weakest man in the room."

Insecurity is a bi+ch. Cant wait till Mitch Hyatt shows him how "All-American" he really is.

Dec 28, 2015, 5:21 PM

Cassius Clay was the loudest and the best.He could back it up.Tapper is
no Cassius Clay.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2015, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Tapper seems to be foolish by doing this. ]

To try to get inside Deshaun and the Tigers head. Hope the Tigers don't fall for their talk. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!

If it helps you sleep at night ....***

Dec 28, 2015, 7:10 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect they will try to avoid interviews after game. GO

Dec 28, 2015, 7:32 AM

TIGERS!

when he says

Dec 28, 2015, 7:34 AM

they've seen it all before, does that mean they've seen quarterbacks who try to do what Watson can do, or is he simply stating "they kicked our ##### last year, might as well get ready for some more?"

the first part - he doesn't expect anything new from DW4

Dec 28, 2015, 8:39 AM

He will see, and will wish he had kept his mouth shut. He was also derogatory about Mitch Hyatt.

The biggest mistake people make when looking at Watson is

Dec 28, 2015, 7:37 AM

they view him as a running or dual threat QB, he's a great pocket passer. Watson would be a great QB even if he was as slow as Peyton Manning. Watson will be the best down field passing QB that defense has ever faced. Also the most overlooked part of his game is his ability to read defenses, he is able to spot the weakness and hit those spots quickly. Just go back and watch how quickly he decided where he is going with the football and how he moves the defense with his eyes, it's almost unfair. Having this long to get ready for a defense and being completely healthy he will pick this defense apart, we only need our defense to stop Oklahoma a couple of times and we win.

All of this being said I think Clemson comes out and runs the football right at the teeth of Oklahoma's defense. They're are 3/4 with smallish LB's and DB's that has been built to stop the pass happy BigXII and Clemson will take advantage of them and make them bring more players in the box.

You nailed it.

Dec 28, 2015, 7:44 AM

Well said.

Re: The biggest mistake people make when looking at Watson is

Dec 28, 2015, 8:00 AM [ in reply to The biggest mistake people make when looking at Watson is ]

Absolutely spot on.

I'll ditto this.***

Dec 28, 2015, 8:11 AM [ in reply to The biggest mistake people make when looking at Watson is ]

I should have read your post before I made mine,LOL!!***

Dec 28, 2015, 8:45 AM [ in reply to The biggest mistake people make when looking at Watson is ]

Re: The biggest mistake people make when looking at Watson is

Dec 28, 2015, 9:41 AM [ in reply to The biggest mistake people make when looking at Watson is ]

I agree that Watson's unspoken strength is to read defenses and make adjustments at the line of scrimmage

I like your post but running on Oklahoma was not easy

Dec 28, 2015, 10:27 AM [ in reply to The biggest mistake people make when looking at Watson is ]

last year and won't be easy this year. They are quite good against the run. They shut us down running the ball with basically the same guys last year just a year older.

I think we need to pick on Thomas at CB, he's not bad but the other side has Sanchez who is much better. Thomas can be burnt deep. He's also easy to block.

Their LBs will be matched up against Leggett which will be fun to watch. They have no experience with catching TEs in the Big 12. It'll be a real test dealing with that and all the rest with our offense.

Without fumbles or interceptions we should be able to score 40+ on them.

I think they will make plays on offense too. I love Bouleware and hate him all at the same time, Oklahoma will exploit him a little I am afraid. It should be a fun forth quarter game barring any major injuries or massive TOs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here in OUlalaland the fans are just as arrogant....

Dec 28, 2015, 7:39 AM

and give us no respect either.... After the bowl game last year there were very few compliments but a whole lot of excuses.... Now they are all caught up in the FPI hype .... Can't wait for the Tigers to "surprise" them again!!

Re: New Story: Sooners: Watson is good, but we've seen it all before

Dec 28, 2015, 7:59 AM

I think Tigers will prevail on offense. Have we played a QB like Mayfield this year? That's what we need to be asking. Reminds me of Connor Shaw and frankly that kid did pretty well against the Tigers. If we're just going to be comfortable with our offense - I think we'd better be comfortable with theirs. This game comes down to turnovers and special teams. Go Tigers!

Dec 28, 2015, 8:38 AM

Jacoby Brissett from NC Stae, Marquise Williams UNCheat, that 5 th string QB from Syracuse, Deshone Kiser from Notre Dame are all better than this kid. Looking at his frenetic almost reckless play he is so emotional. Like Tajh, he is very susceptible to folding under pressure. That said, Tajh was a much better player than Faker Playfield.

You and I see it the same way.***

Dec 28, 2015, 8:44 AM

I'm just waiting for that emotion to come to the surface

Dec 28, 2015, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sooners: Watson is good, but we've seen it all before ]

when Mayfield meets Shaq Lawson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Completely dif. team when we played Shaw- not a good comp.

Dec 28, 2015, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sooners: Watson is good, but we've seen it all before ]

Maybe more like UNC QB, however I expect the D to not "play to win" in 4th quarter like we have in last few games! GO TIGERS!

Dec 28, 2015, 8:26 AM

Seen it all before....?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Oklahoma lose to TCU the only time they played them with Trevone Boykin at QB, in 2014.

Dec 28, 2015, 8:44 AM

No, they beat him a few times when he was at 40-ish and 50-ish QBR back in 2012 and 2013. Ever since he started looking how he does now, they haven't beat him...and this year, didn't face him at all. The QB that played as good as him though led a 20 point comeback for a quarter and a half and almost beat OU. Too bad TCU didn't play him until mid-third quarter, and played a QB with a 19 QBR that threw 3 interceptions instead until then.

Those Sooners absolutely do not get it. It is NOT Deshaun's

Dec 28, 2015, 8:40 AM

scrambling ability which allows him to extend plays that makes him dangerous. It is Deshaun's ability to determine where to go with the ball BEFORE the ball is snapped combined with his extremely quick reaction after the ball is snapped that makes him dangerous and separates him from Boykin,etc. The Baker ain't no Deshaun.

And, I'm gonna predict it right now. The Baker is going to turn it over against our D. I have watched several of their games now, and he scrambles around like crazy, carrying the ball loosely. He has been lucky so far........Tiger will make him pay.

YES, the unpredictABILITY of DW4's brilliant creativity!

Dec 28, 2015, 8:49 AM

They are used to playing QB's more like Stoudt from last year, and look what he did to them!

The day will come when

Dec 28, 2015, 8:49 AM

People start comparing other QB's to Deshaun Watson. Game planning for DW4 by comparing his tape to another QB is silly. They haven't seen it all because they haven't played them all. I hope they bring this seen it all mentality into the game Thursday so we can show them what they haven't seen

Re: The day will come when

Dec 28, 2015, 2:45 PM

Just because the Sooners say they've seen it all, doesn't mean this is true. And they certainly have not played them all. Memory says they did not even play the first string qbs of their last three opponents, and barely won two of those games. Deshaun is much better than anyone they've seen. And we have not even mentioned Gallman, Scott, Cain, Peake and all the others. If Clemson can beat this team with a second string qb, we can stomp them with Dr. Watson. If Oklahoma says they have a better team than 12 months ago, guess what? So does Clemson!!! Go Tigers!

tigers, destroy them!!

Dec 28, 2015, 9:00 AM

PLEASE!!!

Well isn't that precious..***

Dec 28, 2015, 9:24 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

No doubt they're cocky....Go TIGERS!***

Dec 28, 2015, 9:30 AM

Dec 28, 2015, 9:53 AM

So they say DW4 is about the same as Baker and they have seen and played better QB's. Also say that they practice against one of the top QB's in the country. My question is this. Who have they played that remotely is anywhere close to DW ? I can't think of anyone in their conference that is even close. Add the fact that DW can spot weakness or a misalignment in a defense before he even gets the snap. Studying film only gives a glimpse of his capabilities and he can check down very easily to accomplish what's needed on any play. Our Defense will disrupt their offensive scheme in multiple ways and cause probable turnovers due to Baker carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. Lawson will have a field day in their backfield! Spot the ball and let the game begin. GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 28, 2015, 10:04 AM

What is it they say, "when you lose say little, when you win say less"? Let's hope he regrets these words at about 8 pm on Thursday evening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tapper.

Dec 28, 2015, 10:11 AM

"You BIG DUMMY! "

Fred Sanford

Conclusion: Unless you are STONING your #1 offense everyday

Dec 28, 2015, 10:25 AM

You are not going to be successful as you are huffing. Based on your D stats .vs D stats against teams we have played, and you are 5th. or 6th. best, we are gonna light you up like your family Christmas Tree.

Keep talking. We feast on ignorance around here. Dracula is seen bumming with a cardboard sign, begging for a quick snack on scraps.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Dec 28, 2015, 1:00 PM

Keep talking the trash talk boomer sooners that just means your a little too confident in your own little world. Rule # 1 you never disrespect your opponent your about to play no matter how inferior they may be to you. Even little dogs can bite and the last time I checked we are not little dogs. I guess this is your way of trying to let the tigers no last years butt whipping by a second string quarterback didn't get in your heads. Quite obvious it has and it is deep rooted because you won't shut that mouth. I hope we make every last one of you trash talking a-holes leave miami with that tail tucked between your legs again! Think we will have something special for your sorry Arses comes thursday!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 28, 2015, 3:10 PM

So playing in the same league as Boykin, a player you didn't even game plan for, makes you capable and of containing Watson???

You don't contain Watson you just hope whomever he gives the ball to makes a mistake.

No, I'm afraid you haven't, you just think you have...

Dec 28, 2015, 6:09 PM

but when you see it, then you will know it, and you will realize you really haven't seen it all before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, I'm afraid you haven't, you just think you have...

Dec 28, 2015, 8:11 PM

I guess the guy's got to talk his game, good for him - but yeah, I don't think he, or they, have seen what's coming at them Thursday evening. There's trash talk and Smash Mouth Football - our Tigers play the latter. I honestly feel [we] have the confidence going into this game that they don't. I like all the talk about containing DW4 while the Wayne Train puts up 142 big ones and 2 scores on 'em. Watson should be good for about another 100 with maybe 385 in the air and 4 td's. And Mitch Hyatt will show them how a Freshman plays at Clemson. No, I don't think they've have seen what's coming at them Thursday evening.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

Re: No, I'm afraid you haven't, you just think you have...

Dec 28, 2015, 9:20 PM

Yes I agree

NO BOYKIN!!!!!

Dec 28, 2015, 9:19 PM

OU played a game against TCU in wich Boykin didn't play and they won by one point......Which came down to a two point conversion that TCU didn't complete.....so please beforw u talk about containing Waton and CLEMSON beat who you have played so far.... oh and I forgot about Texas....... What happend there?????

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic