Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those upset with the Clemson baseball program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Those upset with the Clemson baseball program

Mar 2, 2014, 11:49 PM

did you really think Jack is the blame? Has the Clemson program fallen or has the South Carolina program gotten much better? I say the program is just where it's always been a top 15 program and one that has a great chance to make it to Omaha. The South Carolina program on the other hand has become a top 5 program. This started the day they broke ground on a 36 million dollar ballpark. Go back and look at the series it was in Clemson's favor until that time. Will Clemson step up and make a huge investment? No they will just make small investments over twenty year period and the ballpark will show it. The problem is most of Clemson's fans think new ballparks, the westend zone, a new football operations center, and a new LJ don't matter well you're wrong. Everyone who is mad should focus their anger on the Clemson AD to invest in the program and not a little fix but in a major way, but you can keep blaming Jack if that makes you feel better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those upset with the Clemson baseball program

Mar 2, 2014, 11:51 PM

Read my sig it's not acceptable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 2, 2014, 11:54 PM

Then you should let the people who matter know how you feel. USC is no different than Clemson they didn't have some donor give millions to build that ballpark. Clemson needs to step up or they will not catch up with USC because they are serious about being great in all sports.

Mar 3, 2014, 12:04 AM

Kingsmore is a beautiful facility trying to place blame on IT.... will get you sir, nothing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2014, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Those upset with the Clemson baseball program ]

Trying to blame it on BTF is a joke specially seeing how USC had success before their new stadium

null

Poor decisions

Mar 3, 2014, 12:15 AM

are the problem with Jack. In three of our four losses this year Jack failed to remove the pitcher until FOUR runs had scored. Not pinch hitting for an .080 hitter at the time is ludicrous. Now he is an .077 hitter. And that my friend is the problem with Clemson baseball and jackleg.

Re: Poor decisions

Mar 3, 2014, 12:20 AM

I agree, you can't blame facilities. We do need upgrades but just renovations.clemson doesn't lend itself to the size of Carolina's stadium but you can make things nicer for the players which is what they are doing. However, 12 errors in 3 games??? That ain't on the king.

The buck stops with the coach

Mar 3, 2014, 12:35 AM

All of the errors, bad decisions, etc., can be traced to coaching failures. Coaches are there to help players improve their skills and to teach mental toughness. I don't see much of that going on at this point. Yes, SCar has a top-notch baseball program, but that doesn't explain what is happening at Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I don't follow baseball recruting nearly as closely as I do

Mar 3, 2014, 5:53 AM

Football but it seems like there isn't much difference in the rankings between the two teams. If my memory serves me correctly we had the top ranked clas a few yrs back just a s the coots did a yr or two later. I can't imagine much difference in the other yrs either. The sec theory and money advantage of the coots doesn't have them an adv in football recruiting either. In fact we out recruit them there for the most part, although just slightly. It seems to me that we just can't find a way to beat them in either sport lately. Playing in a better ballpark shouldn't matter with basically equally regarded talent.

Did a little research and not much difference with the

Mar 3, 2014, 6:12 AM

Exception of the last few which comes from the coots winning more than anything

Go back a look even more closely and you will find that

Mar 3, 2014, 6:47 AM

Jack had assistant coaches that were coveted and went on to become head coaches at programs have been pretty good since their arrival. The real reason we have been declining is that Jack has not been hiring the caliber and quality of assistant coaches that we once had.

The reason he hasn't hired at the same caliber is $$$

Mar 3, 2014, 8:48 AM

When all those guys were here, the financial landscape in college baseball was different and we paid about the same as everyone else. Since then, the $ other schools will pay has gone up tremendously, and ours has not. SCs #2 assistant makes more than our #1 (by a rather large %). There is something wrong with that. When Tanner needed to hire an assistant he was told to "get the best you can find, don't worry about the money" (that's straight from Tanner's mouth). Coach Leggett was lost a pitching coach because the schools wouldn't give him a car to drive while recruiting. Coach Leggett was then told he could only spend $50,000 on a replacement.

Re: The reason he hasn't hired at the same caliber is $$$

Mar 3, 2014, 9:05 AM

this entire problem is what must be corrected first.. and then all our athletics must get the full backing of the admin and BOT..refusing to admit Jr. College guys hurts us bad!!the ,list is long but these 2 are a good start

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go back a look even more closely and you will find that

Mar 3, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Go back a look even more closely and you will find that ]

does Jack have the $$$ that Tanner? ETC have had to throw @ assists?NO!! our admin just refuses to make the investments that bring the results we should have.until our admin and BOT understand that sports teams do not distract from academics and that they are important and require $$ we are what we will be!!get used to it because until MAJOR CHANGES are made @ the TOP coots will continue to DOMINATE US

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2014, 7:15 AM

Ridiculous post. South Carolina invested all that money in a new stadium "AFTER" they became a top 5 program and won back to back National Championships. You are correct in that The Tigers are just where we've been; a top 15 to 20 program. My question is simple: "Isn't it the coaches job to see that the program improves over time?" Anybody can maintain "status quo." Jack makes a lot of money and he does so to lead the Clemson Baseball program into national prominence. If he'll do that it won't be a problem to get the Tiger Faithful to give money to build nicer facilities. At some point we've got to decide whether we're content being embarrassed by the Gamecocks or believe we can do better. I've been a Jack supporter for a long time but this is ridiculous. It may well be time for a change. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2014, 7:23 AM

> did you really think Jack is the blame? Has the
> Clemson program fallen or has the South Carolina
> program gotten much better? I say the program is just
> where it's always been a top 15 program and one that
> has a great chance to make it to Omaha. The South
> Carolina program on the other hand has become a top 5
> program. This started the day they broke ground on a
> 36 million dollar ballpark. Go back and look at the
> series it was in Clemson's favor until that time.
> Will Clemson step up and make a huge investment? No
> they will just make small investments over twenty
> year period and the ballpark will show it. The
> problem is most of Clemson's fans think new
> ballparks, the westend zone, a new football
> operations center, and a new LJ don't matter well
> you're wrong. Everyone who is mad should focus their
> anger on the Clemson AD to invest in the program and
> not a little fix but in a major way, but you can keep
> blaming Jack if that makes you feel better.

Invest in nothing as long as Leggett is the coach. No they will not make it to Omaha, will not even make it to the ACC tournament. Leggett needs to go and actually should have been gone three years ago.

Look at Cutcliffe

Mar 3, 2014, 8:35 AM

and what he has accomplished at Duke. Great facilities help recruiting tremendously but coaching is critical.
A new ball field don't keep you from choking and blowing leads.

Mar 3, 2014, 8:51 AM

Jack is to blame. There really is no way around it. Sometimes it's best for both the program and the coach to part ways. It's time for both to move on.

You, my dear sir, are either a jack relative.....

Mar 3, 2014, 9:53 AM

.....don't know a #### thing about baseball, completely blind and/or do not realize the great divide jack has created with high school coaches and FORMER CLEMSON PLAYERS. My God man, although recruiting has improved somewhat over the last two years, we are still not getting BASEBALL PLAYERS--athletes, maybe, but NOT baseball players. Jack has loved to recruit the great northwest and his affinity for the northeast is comical. Hell, all he needs is a moped to recruit great players to CLEMSON. Wake up -- jack's personality has INFECTED the program.
If jack loved CLEMSON he would resign. But all that know him understand jack loves jack.....it's all about jack and always has been.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic