Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Clemson kicker commit nails long-distance try
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Clemson kicker commit nails long-distance try

Aug 24, 2017, 10:20 PM

WATCH: Clemson kicker commit nails long-distance try

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Clemson kicker commit nails long-distance try

Aug 24, 2017, 10:38 PM

Can't tell anything from this. Can't even tell if the kick went through.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Old warn ball, 15 mph wind, and I only counted 5/6 yard

Aug 24, 2017, 11:17 PM

yard markers and from personal experience that looks more like a 50-55 yards. CatMan and Heugal have been all Americans, because they are consistent. I was a division one kicker who had to kick off from the 30 and still had 38 touchbacks 12 that went through the uprights most out of the endzone....by the way my name is Stephen Pressley if you wanna fact check me from Brevard and Clemson started to recruit me and Aaron Hunt at the same time and I always was a Clemson fan but you guys signed my big bro Aaron Hunt before me so Tommy called his dad about me and Bobby Called my mom, but I really always have been Clemson fan for life. I would love to kick with this guy and challenge the kid just to see if this old man still has it. So potter I'm here!LOL wish you best brother but I had to fact check you on this kick!

I have to say the kick was too low for d1 kick we don't know how many steps he took to kick it and he line drive clubed the ball. totally hooked it didn't sizzor his arm over and that why he got lucky he got a bend back. Notice the shirt the mind is blowing pretty strong at his back. He will learn much like I did that it's more important to get massive height and hit it consistent and work from 40 yards and in cause if you miss a coach really isn't willing to flip the field position battle on a 50/50 ball needing a wind and deflate gate for you to make it!

Saying all this the kid has a good leg though. In College the balls are harder not broken in and you back up now only 5 yards so the ball will probably be 2-3 yards deep so that's good news and he will only get s

You must have been quite a kicker.

Aug 25, 2017, 5:52 AM

What Division one team did you play for and what years did you kick? I could not find any information on your career but am interested to learn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You must have been quite a kicker.

Aug 25, 2017, 8:54 AM

lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Old warn ball, 15 mph wind, and I only counted 5/6 yard

Aug 25, 2017, 6:38 AM [ in reply to Old warn ball, 15 mph wind, and I only counted 5/6 yard ]

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/stephen-pressley-player-stats

Wow, impressive stats. Never missed a field goal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2017, 7:12 AM

Not to split hairs either but App State didn't become a D1 school until 2014 so...

Aug 25, 2017, 9:58 AM

To split hairs, that's not true. FCS and FBS are both D1; back then it was considered D1-AA, but still, not D2.

Oh well, so much for any positive recruiting news today

Aug 25, 2017, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Old warn ball, 15 mph wind, and I only counted 5/6 yard ]

either.

Re: Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Clemson kicker commit nails long-distance try

Aug 25, 2017, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Clemson kicker commit nails long-distance try ]

He is not using a tee...awesome kick

Aug 25, 2017, 7:52 AM

Notwithstanding a post above from an experienced kicker, I think Potter's little demo shows dang good promise as a HS senior. No doubt he will get better with a year of coaching at Clemson.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2017, 8:59 AM

always critics no matter the subject. this kid is one of if not the best kickers in the country. i have seen him kick live. every kick sails out of the back of the endzone. he is already 2 for 2 on fg's this year, not long ones, but made them both. why not praise the kid instead if trying your best to find some kind of flaw with him.

Aug 25, 2017, 11:18 AM

that aint the Clemsom way!We got thousands of coaches on tnet. aint we lucky?

Aug 25, 2017, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Clemson kicker commit nails long-distance try ]

I agree completely. For one, we are too danged hard on a bunch of teenagers on here too often...and I was at the SPHS game on Friday, and BT was constantly crushing kickoffs through the back of the endzone, one even went through the uprights, I believe. He also mashed some deep FGs in warm-ups with no tee, and very little wind. I think he'll be a fine addition to the Clemson roster, even if his 71-yarder was "wind-aided." Pretty sure all the records were set with wind at the back, or indoors, so that's no complaint by me. "Big-Toe" is his nickname from my assistant principal, and I think it fits.

Aug 25, 2017, 3:41 PM

I'm pretty sure he was referencing the last kickoffs in the game video, where he looks to have barely cleared the uprights - kickoff from the 40, 10 yard end zone, plus the one yard to clear. That's why he had the question mark and the emoji. JMO

Bottom line, kid can boom it. Period.

Aug 25, 2017, 7:48 PM

I watched him warm up this past Friday night, maybe 5000 in attendance for south point vs NW. I will get the farm (and I own one) that he is at minimum kicking off day 1. He looks like an NFL kicker, it's effortless and perfectly smooth-every single kick I watched. Judging with my eyes, he sure walks around like he "aint skeered" and will be eagerly waiting for a last second kick to win a game. He will make clemson better as soon as he steps foot on campus.

Aug 25, 2017, 8:36 PM

Unless the game is played in an indoor stadium, many games are played where the wind is a factor. If the kid can boot one for 71 yards and it's wind aided, I'll not be one to comment, "but it was wind aided". I'll also applaud him if he kicks a 45 yarder with a 15 MPH wind in his face. If he can consistently kick it into the end zone from the 35 and can nail the FGs from 45 and in, I don't want a coach screwing with his form. We saw what happened with one of our former FG kickers under a different regime.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic