Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's what REALLY happens if you stick Clemson in the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Here's what REALLY happens if you stick Clemson in the

Jul 5, 2019, 11:46 AM

SEC. Consider a few facts. Clemson obviously already recruits on a National Championship level, since we have won two of the last three. That is all the while overcoming the perceived hurdle of recruiting AGAINST two SEC schools in the local area, Georgia, and USuk. (OK, 1.5 schools). AND while overcoming the desire of a lot of highly rated kids thinking they NEED to play in the SEC, because of the supposedly better competition, exposure, whatever other made up horse manure the biased sportswriters crap out.

So, you take away those "obstacles" by putting us in the SEC, Clemson will thoroughly dominate recruiting, period. So then, the coaching staff that is already good enough to more than compete with the best the SEC has to offer (AlaBAMA, just for Stephen A.) will take those kids, develop them, and run roughshod over the entire SEC and everyone else.

That is why there is not a snowballs chance in hail that Clemson would EVER be invited to join the SEC. So, this debate will continue on until either the ACC gets better, or the SEC gets worse. Because, CLEMSON AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE! Except back to the CFP to collect more Nattys. And Now you know, the Rest of the story. (Apologies to the dearly departed Paul Harvey.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with your assessment that UGA only counts

Jul 5, 2019, 12:14 PM

as half a school. It's a little surprising that they didn't drop football all together after Richt left them for a better opportunity in Miami, all their top recruits left the state to go to Clemson, Kirby showed the world he doesn't know how to football, Bevo gored their mascot and Fields transferred out for some school that is the equivalent of a Division 3 school.

When 1980 was the high watermark of your program, it's time to consider shutting it down. Maybe they could convert their stadium to a new science building or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Does UGA even have a sci building or sci department?

Jul 5, 2019, 12:21 PM

I thought all they turned out were ESPiN talking heads and used car salesmen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does UGA even have a sci building or sci department?

Jul 5, 2019, 12:30 PM

You mean those Raptors aren’t new?? Cheap bastiges.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I agree with your assessment that UGA only counts

Jul 5, 2019, 3:09 PM [ in reply to I agree with your assessment that UGA only counts ]

I thought their high water mark was the fake punt and resulting close win over Bama in the SEC championship game....oh wait....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with your assessment that UGA only counts

Jul 6, 2019, 9:48 PM [ in reply to I agree with your assessment that UGA only counts ]

:)

I tell you want would really happen.

Jul 5, 2019, 12:18 PM

Clemson would collect us some of that SEC money and ESPiN would have its head up Dabo's butt to the shoulders instead of Saban's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^Gotta Admit...

Jul 5, 2019, 12:25 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point. We crush their schools now. Imagine if we also

Jul 5, 2019, 1:00 PM

we’re able to recruit with the SEC name as an asset. We probably would be a dynasty for the next decade.

null

I think they have a veterinarian school

Jul 5, 2019, 1:18 PM

maybe their stadium could become a kennel, or dog race, or like a barn or something.

Re: I think they have a veterinarian school

Jul 6, 2019, 11:41 AM

New stadium for their equestrian team.

Re: Here's what REALLY happens if you stick Clemson in the

Jul 5, 2019, 3:57 PM

Add in the lower academic requirements of the SEC compared to the ACC & the plot only thickens. Clemson would absolutely rule the SEC under the current staff.

Point for good point!***

Jul 6, 2019, 9:12 AM

You missed one other huge point

Jul 6, 2019, 11:00 AM

The amount of money SEC teams get. Clemson would double how much money they had to work with.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2019, 12:00 PM

To prove your point, just look at Texas A&M and Mizzu. Both of those teams were mediocre teams in the Big 12 and immediately did well in the SEC with Mizzu even winning the East twice. Us joining the SEC would be UGA, SC, UF and UT's worst nightmare come true. Our central location on the east coast and established recruiting connections up north from our days in the ACC combined with being able to use the "We play in the SEC card" to sell recruits in the south would cause our recruiting to go into the next stratosphere. The poor coots wouldn't have a chance.

Jul 6, 2019, 5:24 PM

That is why they would fight tooth and nails to keep us out the SEC, they know the name of that tune if we were with our winning ways competing with them for the brain washed players that want to play only SEC FB!!! Most likely they would never again have the opportunity to ever play in another bowl game ever unless they moved from the SEC, and they know that to be the truth as well as they know they are located in Columbia SC!!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic