Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If I said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,131

If I said

Jul 25, 2018, 11:05 AM

That Bama showed the college football world how to keep the Tigers out of the end zone and beat them would you agree or disagree? You know that every opposing coach has watched the Sugar Bowl game a dozen times in the off season. Coach S knows this as well so what moves can he make to correct what he sees in the game film? This is why college football is fun!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. I think we may end up having a more dynamic offense this year and they can try that

Jul 25, 2018, 11:10 AM

But won’t be the same. They’ll shut us down going head to head all day long though. Tempo and stretching the field wins. It’s how we won the nc and how auburn beat them last year

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I said

Jul 25, 2018, 11:15 AM

So what about the 2 previous years when we put up over 400 yards in those game...we cant ignore those games.

Re: If I said

Jul 25, 2018, 11:42 AM

The way Alabama beat Clemson last year was to field a team with at least equal, if not superior, talent at every position. "We've come a long way baby" in terms of recruiting during the past 10 years. But in case you haven't noticed, we don't have more talent than Alabama. They have twice the number of 5 star players that we do. When they all play well together it's going to take the very best effort of our Clemson Tigers to beat them. We won't play another team all year that will have the talent Alabama does. Neither will we play another team all year with as good coaching as Alabama. Like it or not, Alabama is the standard in college football. Under Dabo's leadership, we are gaining on them and may surpass them at some point in the future. At this point in time, if we played them 10 times we would probably beat them 4 times. And that's OK. We only need to beat them in the playoffs; and I think we will this year. But to imply we are their equal in talent at this point is delusional. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Young man, that was a well stated, logical argument

Jul 25, 2018, 11:57 AM

Motion denied!

(it's a movie quote. couldn't resist)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might have a point if other coaches

Jul 25, 2018, 11:50 AM

had Alabama's players.

I agree that we beat them in 06

Jul 25, 2018, 1:23 PM

And that is the point. What did Bama do differently and how did Clemson react? Obviously we weren’t the same team without Watson, Williams etc and it’s apparent that Bryant didn’t have time to make the throws. So the question is why didn’t he? What key players were missing from the 06 team that allowed us to be more explosive? Your answer will be Watson but there are others as well. I suggest that perhaps Leggett and G Williams were missed more than some believe. In any event, Dabo can correct it.

I’m not 100% convinced that Bama has a lot more talent in their starting lineups. Better depth, yes. I expect to see a different offense this year with perhaps more jet sweeps and running backs involved in the passing game. Those jet sweeps helped Watson have a LOT better numbers than Bryant!

I love college football. Tee it up!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,131
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic