Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boston Trip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Boston Trip

Oct 30, 2018, 2:11 PM

Heading to Boston to see the Tiger's play. Is there a group getting lodging together? Got the plane tickets today just working on a hotel now.

Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I can help you out...

Oct 30, 2018, 2:15 PM

Francis Marion® would be eager to split a room with you, if that's the kind of thing you're into

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That’s great!

Oct 30, 2018, 9:07 PM

I love when fellow Tigers...

Wait.

Nah, I actually don’t care.

Re: Boston Trip

Oct 30, 2018, 2:32 PM

The wife and I are driving up from Delaware on Friday. Staying with some alumni friends in North Attleborough and taking the train or whatever in on Saturday. Really wished gametime was announced, but if a night game we'll prob grab a hotel room. We'll be pregaming hard somewhere, tmail me if looking for something to do on Saturday.

Park the Cah, and take a cab home from the Bah.

Oct 30, 2018, 3:05 PM

All I got.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boston Trip

Oct 30, 2018, 3:38 PM

You can ride their subway, rail line out to BC from the city if you are staying in the city but the cars will be jammed

Parking is limited but there is some on site parking

I have parked on the adjoining roads once I found a parking space over the years I have been going up there

There are plenty of bars across from the stadium which will have Tiger fans

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be prepared to pay insanely high prices for a hotel.

Oct 30, 2018, 3:41 PM

Boston is super expensive, even if you stay outside the city. My recommendation is to suck it up and pay for a nice place in Boston proper. Get the full experience of walking around the city, being close to great restaurants and historical sites. YOLO and all that. I especially like the Back Bay area.

As others have said, you can take the T from Boston to Chestnut Hill. The trains are old and not as clean as some subway systems, but certainly not as dirty as NYC or Philly's systems, and very convenient.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Be prepared to pay insanely high prices for a hotel.

Oct 30, 2018, 8:56 PM

Not to argue but it’s not expensive at all. We are downtown 5 star hotel for $200 a night. Given we did book a month or so ago when we saw BC as our possible best game. I guess expensive is relative but here in Charleston is way more expensive.

For a big city it’s actual quite affordable, Charleston to Logan Intl flight was like $180 round trip with United.

That is an outstanding rate.

Oct 30, 2018, 8:58 PM

I haven't been to Boston in a few years, but when I have it's more like $300-$500 a night for a 4-star hotel and $500 plus for a 5-star. Heck, when I was there for the Clemson vs. BC game in 2010, an outdated 3 star Marriott way out in the suburbs was close to $200 a night.

Just checked for next weekend, and here are some prices for 5-star hotels:

Mandarin Oriental $895 per night
Four Seasons $862 per night
Ritz Carlton $645 per night
XV Beacon $595 per night
The Liberty $510 per night
InterContinental $342 per night
Boston Harbor Hotel $296 per night

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That is an outstanding rate.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:11 PM

Found an excellent rate?

Right now only week and half out on any Expedia or captain obvious site, $287 for Renaissance waterfront, Club Quarters $271, Westin $281.

I would encourage more tigers to go, it’s actually pretty cheap considering you can Train from the airport for a couple bucks, and train to Chestnut Hill. Tickets are still avail from BC directly or third party for way less most other ACC venues. The upper deck at BC is cheap and still a better view than most of DV.

Just want as many tigers to go as possible and support our guys.

Re: That is an outstanding rate.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:12 PM [ in reply to That is an outstanding rate. ]

You literally just listed the most expensive hotels in the area, are you trying to get less people to go.

You mentioned getting a 5 star hotel for $200.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:19 PM

I listed the 5 star hotels I saw listed on a quick Priceline search.

Of course I'm not trying to keep people from going. In fact, I advised the OP to suck it up and pay for a nice hotel, even though hotels in Boston tend to be expensive in comparison to most other cites, because it's a fun trip and worth it.

I don't think it is unreasonable to warn people though. Boston is an expensive city, all things considered.

Re: Be prepared to pay insanely high prices for a hotel.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Be prepared to pay insanely high prices for a hotel. ]

Been to Boston several times and it is not expensive at all for quality rooms or food if you do your homework

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree. Let's use the Four Seasons as an example.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:17 PM

Next weekend in Boston, it is $862 per night.

For the same weekend, you can stay at the Four Seasons in these cities for:

Los Angeles $685
San Francisco $625
Chicago $620
Washington, DC $565
Miami $559
Atlanta $399
Dallas $348
Denver $332
Houston $302

How is Boston not very expensive in comparison?

Re: I disagree. Let's use the Four Seasons as an example.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:28 PM

you need to expand your search options, I see many 3 & 4 star much less than that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's take a step back.

Oct 30, 2018, 11:38 PM

My original post was a statement about Boston hotels tending to be very expensive compared to most other cities. I posted this in an effort to help the OP who might not have traveled to Boston before.

Someone responded stating that they got a 5 star hotel in Boston for $200. I posted a handful of 5 star hotels in Boston which are much higher than $200 a night the weekend of the game.

Your responded to my post stating, in what I took as a slightly condescending tone, that "Boston is not expensive at all for quality rooms or food if you do your homework."

Sticking with the discussion on 5 star hotels, for comparison purposes I posted rates for Four Seasons in various cities for the very same weekend. Boston was way higher, illustrating that it is indeed a very expensive city for hotels. in other words, I did do my homework.

Obviously one can pay less if he or she wants to go down in quality level, but regardless, I still maintain that hotels in Boston tend to cost more relative to other cities. If you would like to do your homework and disprove my statement, knock yourself out. I honestly don't see why you are arguing about this though.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic