Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
“Why are milkshakes being thrown at Right-Wing Politicians...?”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

“Why are milkshakes being thrown at Right-Wing Politicians...?”

May 21, 2019, 12:25 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/21/world/europe/milkshake-nigel-farage.html

I love articles like this, that quote academics trying to intellectualize throwing a milkshake at a person. I guess it can’t be that the grown man throwing a milkshake is having a hissy-fit and lacks the emotional strength to deal with the fact that this leader, assumably elected by his fellow Brits (?), has a different viewpoint?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Don't need an academic to intellectualize anything. If you

May 21, 2019, 12:37 PM

insult individuals and groups of people in public and on twidder, don't be surprised when somebody is a d1ck back to you. Pretty simple actually.

Lol. Whatever my friend. Adults having tantrums.

May 21, 2019, 12:50 PM

Just like someone dumping a milkshake on Clinton for calling them deplorable or on Obama for saying they’re desperately clinging to guns and religion.

null

I don't believe a judge would find someone...

May 21, 2019, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Don't need an academic to intellectualize anything. If you ]

innocent of battery as results of a verbal dispute. It's such attitudes as yours that justifies the violence of the antifa group. 'Hate speech,' screams those on the left at those who refuse to agree with them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean like "deplorables"?

May 21, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Don't need an academic to intellectualize anything. If you ]

I agree that if people would just be nice and respectful to each other in the first place, these things would be kept to a minimum, but given the fact that this is politics, British politics in particular, that is an unrealistic expectation. And, if we believe in freedom of speech, we have to understand that while insulting speech is problematic and maybe undesirable, we must learn to tolerate it in certain forums. On the other hand, physical assault, like this, is always wrong and unacceptable, and is on a whole different level.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: “Why are milkshakes being thrown at Right-Wing Politicians...?”

May 21, 2019, 2:41 PM

I don't disagree with your general attitude towards assaulting politicians. However, the article is just explaining why that particular form of attack is being used: Milk has become a bizarre symbol for white nationalists; and then there's the fun hashtag #SplashTheFash.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I think that Nigel guy isn't a politician any longer.

May 21, 2019, 3:01 PM

Not that it matters. I'm all in with citizens of any country having government protection according to law. Had someone on the Brexit side of the argument thrown a milkshake on one of those protesters I would feel the same way. I was a teenager during the 60s and I was, and still am, all in with protesting but even back then I didn't like the violence. When it escalades what happened at Kent state can repeat.

Throwing milkshake on the wrong person can be hazardous to one's health. The guy should be dragged into court over it. I didn't approve of seeing those pubs in public life having their meals interrupted either. That's just uncivilized.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has it actually, or is this like the OK hand symbol?***

May 21, 2019, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: “Why are milkshakes being thrown at Right-Wing Politicians...?” ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To read the news, the "OK" hand sign is something that

May 21, 2019, 4:47 PM

all whites are shown in our secret whites only rassist classes.

I musta been absent that day, cause I never heard anything about that until it started showing up in the news.

And if an old redneck in the south isn't racist, who is, amiright?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anytime I see it, I grimace that I looked at it.

May 21, 2019, 5:39 PM

Then I wait for two punches on the shoulder and a brush off.

Apparently in the Marine Corps, there is a whole lot of white supremacy going on. Even the dark green Marines who were blessed at that game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the rationalization is contrived.

May 21, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: “Why are milkshakes being thrown at Right-Wing Politicians...?” ]

The first guy that did it just got mad and the thing in his hand was a milkshake. The other people are copying him. And then a college professor has to explain how it relates to milk (what!?!) and how it counteracts white supremacists. Only in your mind. The perpetrators didn’t think that. There was no meeting to discuss how to counteract the white nationalists co-opting of...milk...

It’s completely made-up in order to provide a higher-mindedness to the act of an adult throwing a milkshake on someone, because they didn’t like what they said.

null

Re: “Why are milkshakes being thrown at Right-Wing Politicians...?”

May 21, 2019, 3:33 PM

This is simple. Right-Wing politicians are evil. Milkshakes are good.

If aimed correctly the shakes have the same effect as holy water and they burn the evil politicians.

I know this is true 'cause I saw it on the internet. Lincoln said it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

suck it conservatives :)

May 21, 2019, 5:43 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic