Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember when FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 4,065

Remember when FSU

Oct 3, 2017, 10:18 AM

was gonna smoke the ACC and be the frontrunner for the national championship ?

That was August 2017.

I have bread older than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean every year since like 1990?***

Oct 3, 2017, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember when FSU

Oct 3, 2017, 10:26 AM

Remember when Clemson was 20:1 in Vegas back in August to win the NC this year? I got me some of that! Now 7:2 (i.e. 3.5:1).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched the WFU game this past weekend and

Oct 3, 2017, 10:32 AM

while I know they lost their starting quarterback, they look to have much bigger issues than just an inexperienced quarterback. Their O-line looked absolutely awful, which is pretty much the same issue they had last year. Even with Francois they'd be average at best. Even in a best case scenario for them I don't see them challenging us at all, and I think they still would've at least struggled with NC State.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I watched the WFU game this past weekend and

Oct 3, 2017, 11:06 AM

We have to be ready to play, but if we play with any intensity we should crush them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I watched the WFU game this past weekend and

Oct 3, 2017, 11:44 AM

It's been a long time coming. I live in FL, and these fans down here are insane. It's been nice the past few years beating them, especially for me, because I'd have to hear about it on a daily basis if we lose. This year I hope we light them up on both sides of the ball, and really shut them up. FSU has always been a huge game for us, and even though wounded, I don't think they'll just hand us the game, but I know that Dabo will have our guys focused, ready and looking for blood.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lived in Tallahassee back in the 90s

Oct 3, 2017, 11:55 AM

and we'd play them close up here but just get our butts kicked down there. Tallahassee is a nice little town, but if you're not an FSU homer, it's awful when it comes to sports! It's been really nice being able to beat them fairly regularly, or at least play a good game. Can't say I miss Tallahassee at all during the fall now!

Re: I lived in Tallahassee back in the 90s

Oct 3, 2017, 12:39 PM

Oh no doubt it's a nice city, especially if you root for FSU. I've grown to hate the Seminoles in the past few years though. My brother actually attended their school for his freshman year until he came to his senses and transferred into Clemson. During last years game, he and his buddies went to the game and had beers thrown on him at his favorite bar in Tally, where most people know him. I grew up a few hours away, and most of my friends are FSU fans. During the offseason, Clemson fans are viewed as "at least they aren't the Gators", but during football season they hate us almost as much as they hate Miami and UF. I'm marrying into a predominantly FSU family early next year, and this year's game is the first Clemson vs FSU game we will watch together. She's resigned herself to a loss, but she has some common sense, unlike many FSU homers. Christmas with her family will be much more enjoyable to me this year if we beat the stuffing out of them.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ive been more surprised by the lack of dominance by

Oct 3, 2017, 11:59 AM [ in reply to I watched the WFU game this past weekend and ]

their defense. They've been pretty darn average.

You need to toss that bread.***

Oct 3, 2017, 10:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You need to toss that bread.***

Oct 3, 2017, 11:28 AM

Good thing you were not around when Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin from moldy bread.

Oct 3, 2017, 11:06 AM

let's not take them for granted. They are still a very talented team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 11:36 AM

There's an FSU Fan that works in the fabrication shop where I emulate work.

He always wears a "Florida State University" T-shirt.
Yesterday he covered "Florida" with a piece of masking tape that he wrote "Penn" on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 11:48 AM

I'd suggest you clean out your pantry.

Oct 3, 2017, 12:16 PM

Oh I member...

Oct 3, 2017, 12:16 PM

Oh I member...