Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lack of faith vs LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,918

Lack of faith vs LSU

Dec 4, 2012, 2:33 AM

The lack of faith everyone has towards beating LSU really upsets me. Hell I was only an 11 year old little kid but I remember the 2003 season when we came off a 30 point loss to Wake to beat #3 FSU when we were unranked, then we went on the hang up 63 in Columbia, before we handed Tennessee their a$$ in this same bowl game, and y'all don't think we have the ability to beat LSU this year?? I am not scared of LSU. I'm not scared of anyone. I will never admit to anyone that Clemson is going to lose a game. With the tallent we have i refuse to ever believe that we cannot line up with anyone and beat them. We could be playing Alabama, in Tuscaloosa without Taj, Nuk, or Sammy and if you asked me if we were going to win, I would look you directly in the eyes and tell you yes and honeslty believe it. Am I ignorrant? Yes. Do I care? No. Has this mentality lead to an unbelievable amount of heart aches in my lifetime? Absolutely. But I can't help it, I bleed orange. And I question that in many of you

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A" for attitude. +1.***

Dec 4, 2012, 2:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lack of faith vs LSU

Dec 4, 2012, 3:44 AM

IMO we're couple years away from competing and beating SEC schools

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we have a shot

Dec 4, 2012, 4:16 AM

Those that want to look at the loss to USuC and say there is no way we can compete with the SEC is crazy! There were so many problems that did not pass the sniff test in that game, including play calling, that I wouldn't be surprised at a different outcome if we played USuC 10 times back to back.

I think we have just as a good a shot as any, but we are going to have to play the football we've been playing this past season and not the absurdity I saw in the USuC game.

This really can be a statement game.

Re: Lack of faith vs LSU

Dec 4, 2012, 5:36 AM

It's not a lack of faith,or of being scared of LSU.
We do have talent ,but games are won,or lost in the trenches.
You saw what the coots defense did to us with one good defensive end(Clowney).LSU has bookends.
You saw how our defense could not make inroads into the coots backfield.Try disrupting the LSU offensive line with our defense.
Just my opinion,but the coots may even have a better offense than LSU,and they lost at Baton Rogue.
Your not being arrogant.I just don't think your being realistic about what LSU is going to throw at us.
And as of today,we have not stopped a top 10 team.
New Years Eve will tell us how much faith we do have!

This is tell all about the direction of our football program

Dec 4, 2012, 6:32 AM

Go Tigersssssssss

That's the type of attitude I've had since my freshman year

Dec 4, 2012, 7:03 AM

at Clemson in 1965. I'm not stupid - I know the odds; however, I have always approached every game wanting the win, unafraid of the competition and hoping our team has the same attitude...even when it appears we are overmatched. And I like to remember the old story about David and Goliath....It's time to load our slingshots! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sky is not falling

Dec 4, 2012, 8:25 AM

Winning the game would be nice. Then again, Clemson is "soft" and we've seen the results. Clemson hasn't shown the sort of toughness at any point this season that would lead most to believe they are going to pull off a win against a physical team like LSU. Add a defense that can't tackle, etc....you get the idea. This game will be physical, and until Clemson stops getting whipped physically against opponents with decent talent it's hard to imagine them not getting man-handled by LSU. You don't teach toughness in one month.

The "07" Peach Bowl against Tennessee set up with a similar set of circumstances. The difference with that Clemson team had a Defense. I'm more concerned about what staff changes (if any) Dabo makes in the off season to address Clemson's lack of physicality, which in my opinion feeds into some of our overall defensive ineptitude.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting whipped physically?

Dec 4, 2012, 8:48 AM

While a agree we struggle in the trenches against the better teams, did you not watch us run for 6 yards per carry in the first half against Scar? Were you not watching us winning both of the games we played against top 10 teams this year at half time? Yes we do need to add a little depth at certain positions to be able to finish these games, but there is nothing to suggest we can't compete.

Re: Getting whipped physically?

Dec 4, 2012, 4:28 PM

Clemson didn't dominate on the OL, or DL. SC did win the battle in the trenches. Did Clemson abandon the run too early? Yes. Did the OL protect Tajh? No, they didn't. Did our defense contain SCAR's QB, or get enough pressure on him? Nope. Does anybody on our defense other than Tig Willard bring the-pain? Not really.

Depth? Clemson has holes just like every team in the country, but they have good talent and there's depth on the roster. What is a concern is that Clemson's defense still can't tackle. Linebacker play is still not good. The DB's can't cover my grandma. It's safe to say any defense that can't get off the field vs. South Carolina's offense isn't very physical, or tough. That would have to change, otherwise I don't see Clemson beating LSU.

In 2003 Bowden used Chad Jasmin to run over people

Dec 4, 2012, 8:55 AM

we proved that we could be a physical football team. That caused the turnaround at the end of the season. We pounded Tennessee. The 63 point explosion against USC was built on a physical ground game.

This year we'd rather run around you for 100 plays than over you for 50.

Re: In 2003 Bowden used Chad Jasmin to run over people

Dec 4, 2012, 4:45 PM

That was fun, I was there. The Vols ran into a buzz-saw that night. Remember Duane Coleman knocking some trash-talking UT player up-side the head before kickoff? That set the tone, and UT got stomped.

It's mind boggling why we abandon the run when it's clearly working.

You are the definition of a true fan.***

Dec 4, 2012, 9:23 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

You mean arrogant? I don't think you're "ignorrant" at all.***

Dec 4, 2012, 4:53 PM

About #### time someone else on tigernet feels the same way.

Dec 4, 2012, 5:00 PM

I'm sick of hearing "idk's" and maybes from our fanbase.

I'm tired of hearing fellow tigers saying "we'll probably lose".

You know what pissed me off about the Orange Bowl?
It wasn't the team. It wasn't Dabo, it wasn't Morris, or Steele, or the inbred WVU fans that ripped the Clemson flags off my truck or spit on me and dad.
It was the awful fanbase we had.

When the team ran out, I heard "...c.. ell, ehh..mm...zzzz*yawn* woo tigers" at the end of Tiger Rag. When we scored and took an early lead. Dad and I are screaming our heads off to support our tigers, and the rest of the Clemson fans are sleeping.

LSU will lose. Clemson Tigers all the way, I don't give a rat's a$$ what conference our opponents play in or what the #### ESECPN says.

Go tigers.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,918
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic