Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crucial Play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,167

Crucial Play

Feb 18, 2018, 4:08 PM

The absolute crucial play after we tied the game was the foul on the 3 point shot for Duke. That broke our backs and we had to start fouling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, that was a killer. Poor decision by Sullivan.***

Feb 18, 2018, 4:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You mean Spencer! But really, why was he in the game?

Feb 18, 2018, 4:13 PM

He averages about 2 minutes per game in ACC play and it's a good idea to have him in at crunch time in the biggest game of the year?

Re: You mean Spencer! But really, why was he in the game?

Feb 18, 2018, 4:18 PM

Would hardly call it our biggest game of the year. We are simply playing for seeding now and if we can grab one Wed. at VT that would be huge in getting us a top 4 ACC seed. It was probably our most POPULAR game fan-wise but I disagree on the actual biggest.

Would it not be a BIG deal for CU to finish 2nd in the ACC?

Feb 18, 2018, 4:34 PM

That's what this game was for, not just "seeding", but an historically high finish for CU BB. I'd call that a very big game. I think now we may be struggling to stay out of the huge pack in the middle of the league.

Yes, sorry. Not sure where Sullivan came from!***

Feb 18, 2018, 4:33 PM [ in reply to You mean Spencer! But really, why was he in the game? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Reed's Oglesby-esque 3 point attempt didn't help either.***

Feb 18, 2018, 4:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why was Spencer even in the game?!

Feb 18, 2018, 4:51 PM

That’s on Brownell. Sorry. But he makes so mindblowing line up decisions. Also, Donnal gets red hot and rides the bench the rest of the game. I’ll never understand it.

Re: Why was Spencer even in the game?!

Feb 18, 2018, 5:00 PM

That's WTH l would like to know. Why was he even in the game at a crucial time ? Like someone said on another post is how many 3 pointers you see get blocked ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

I've said it before and I will say it again...

Feb 18, 2018, 5:02 PM

it's the difference between having basketball players and athletes who are good at basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I hear you, but think that is coaching. You don't foul jump

Feb 18, 2018, 5:10 PM

shooters, especially 3 point shooters. That's the rule.

Re: I hear you, but think that is coaching. You don't foul jump

Feb 18, 2018, 5:13 PM

i am quite sure coach brownell teaches his guys to jump into 3 point shooters. do you not see what an idiotic statement that is. geeeeeeeeeeeeez

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear you, but think that is coaching. You don't foul jump

Feb 18, 2018, 5:19 PM

Does he teach to break the press or traps? Or maybe he teaches them how to inbound? You think Brownell teaches the guys that, because from what I see it looks like the guys have never seen those plays before. Also this was a huge game. I don't see how Clemson beats VT in Blacksburg this week. I can guarantee you that they will see almost everything they seen the 2nd half of the FSU game and the Duke game then we can come back and revisit this "what Brownell teaches" discussion.

It happened twice...

Feb 18, 2018, 6:28 PM [ in reply to I hear you, but think that is coaching. You don't foul jump ]

and if memory serves the foul were committed by Freshmen both times.

A rookie mistake by two inexperienced players trying too hard to make a play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,167
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic