Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The football team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

The football team

Oct 1, 2019, 12:52 PM

showed a tremendous amount of heart and fight Saturday in Chapel Hill. It would have been very easy for them to say it just wasn't their day. They are there in upper 90s heat, away crowd,heels go up by 7 in late second quarter, things weren't going right. It would have been easy to give in to the upset. I am very proud of them. They showed heart and grit and yes, that they had brought their own guts. The last drive by UNC does not bother me. It is what it is when a team knows it is going all four downs. It is hard to stop a team in that situation. I think they used two of three fourth downs to make it down the field.

I still think this team can win the national title. If the offense gets its act together, they have the personnel to be right up there with the offenses at Bama, Oklahoma, LSU, and Ohio State. With the common opponent of Texas AM, they have shown that they are as good as Auburn, who scored a ton of points last Saturday. The offense just needs to get their act together and, if so, the defense will make it very easy for them to create distance between them and the opponent on the scoreboard.

As for winning it all, this team is still of that caliber. Remember the Florida team that destroyed Ohio State in the BCS National Title game? Packer pointed out yesterday that they needed an onside kick vs Vanderbilt and a blocked kick vs South Carolina to get through the season. Days like last Saturday happen to the best of teams.

Fortunately we won, because this year we probably do not have the luxury of being able to lose a game.It was hot and miserable Saturday. And when things got tough, UNC had the advantage of the home crowd and nothing to lose. Clemson had the support of the strong Tiger fans that made it to Keenan Stadium and, fortunately for us, our team had its own heart, pride, and guts to keep chopping.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make some good points but don't........

Oct 1, 2019, 1:10 PM

bring up the issue of it being hot. It was hot for BOTH teams.

Losers talk about things like the heat. We're not losers so we shouldn't be using that as an excuse for poor play on our part.

We're just not focused as evidenced by the excessive penalties, etc.

Hopefully, the UNC game is what it's going to take to light a fire under the coaches and players to where they play against FSU like they should.

Re: The football team

Oct 1, 2019, 1:42 PM

Just showed enough to win!! GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic