Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sometimes I amaze myself- My post after Pitt Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,846

Sometimes I amaze myself- My post after Pitt Game

Jan 4, 2017, 10:42 PM

One Play Logic = 10-0 or 5-5 [5]
Posted: Nov 13, 2016 11:44 AM

After contemplating all night and then remembering that last year Alabama won the title with one loss at home and the year before Ohio State won the title with one loss.. at home...I'll take 9-1 this morning. And here's why..if you subscribe to the "one play logic"..i.e. this one play or one play call or one officiating call cost us the win vs Pitt...then you have to also subscribe to "one play logic" vs Auburn, Louisville,FSU, NC STATE. If so, one play logic could have us sitting at 5-5 this morning. A very average team and a Music City or Pinstripe Bowl game in December. So I'll take our 9-1 record and likely still Top 5 ranking this morning with the assurance that the following things will happen:

Tiger Fans will show up in Winston Salem and we will clinch the Atlantic
SC comes to the Valley and the Chickens lose AGAIN
VA Tech doesn't stand a chance of us on a roll
And if those things happen we will be in the CFP again with a chance to win 2 games for a Natty

And I don't, by the way, subscribe to prosperity or adversity being a teacher..I subscribe that million dollar coaches are the teachers..so we have to subscribe and teach to some of our realities:

Have someone chew #4 A$$ when he makes a stupid decision. Promise you Chad Morris would. No one on our staff challenges him and quite frankly he deserves it. If you don't think so watch his effort after the pick on the 2 yd line. He is so good..and for some reason this year so inconsistent. His trip to NYC and 1st round selection have all but evaporated so someone needs to help him focus. He dosent get any more Grace.Yes he had 500 yds passing last night..but 5 other QB's have passed for over 450 yds against Pitt this year. He's the only one that had 3 INTS. All on him.

Quit blitzing EVERY third and long. BV was very predictable yesterday.

Tell DB's to quit holding every play. I know the game has changed and there were a couple of phantom calls last night, but our DB's grab shirt every play. It has to be a taught technique and its costing us weekly.

I love Boulware but we and all of America knows he cant consistently cover a RB or TE in pass. Is there no other way to scheme for those situations?

Please take Ray Ray out as PR. Please. It is an accident waiting to happen. As we close out these last 5 games we aint gonna take a punt to the house so just put Renfroe or Tay Scott back here and catch it. We all should not be holding our breath every time we field a punt. It s been going on too long now.

We have to run #4. Our OL cant run block and not having him as involved as he was the last 2 years hurts the offense. Unfortunately he dosen't look like he really wants to run it anymore. I understand protecting him, but either we are in a Championship run or we aren't. And to win Championships we need his running more involved in play calling. Last year and 2 years ago the 3rd and 2 and 4th and 1 calls would have been the QB lead. We don't even have that play in the playbook anymore.

The one thing I do think that will help is the leadership of Dabo. He will keep us on the tract to Orlando and Tampa. From what I have seen of this team this year...our Head Coach and his attitude and the culture he has created is the difference between us being 9-1 and 5-5.

So we sit at 9-1..one play from 10-0...one play (x4) of being 5-5. So I'll take our reality and forget about discussing any further the "one play logic" and just hope our reality will teach us ..not prosperity or adversity.

The reality on Dec 3rd can be we still have a shot to be National Champions

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make a lovely couple and seem to have a lot in common***

Jan 5, 2017, 6:15 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL;DR***

Jan 5, 2017, 7:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,846
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic