Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our fearless leader everybody
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Our fearless leader everybody

May 12, 2020, 8:56 AM

1. Yes the question the reporter asked was stupid. Why care about the "competition" of testing and hammer home his utter failure of acquiring appropriate testing as soon as possible like S. Korea.

2. I miss having a president who acted like an adult instead of trying to run to an OANN reporter who throws softballs at him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/497220-trump-ends-press-conference-after-heated-exchange-with-reporters

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Our fearless leader everybody

May 12, 2020, 9:01 AM

he is doing an incredible job, a mortal would have folded two years ago

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like maybe draw a red line in the sand.***

May 12, 2020, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a giant, plastic Reset button or

May 12, 2020, 11:38 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Second only to Jesus amongst mortals? Case we get an Amen!

May 12, 2020, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Our fearless leader everybody ]

Maybe a little over the top.

The question was a soft toss, should have hit it out of the park. Easy to pivot to say “being #1 or the best means saving people’s lives, lessening our citizens’ suffering and getting the world’s greatest economy on track. Good question _ next.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got Trump edging Jesus in the primaries as of today.***

May 12, 2020, 9:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've got Trump edging Jesus in the primaries as of today.***

May 12, 2020, 1:48 PM

"Flynn, come forth!"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw that.

May 12, 2020, 9:12 AM

When a reporter ceases to ask questions which lead to news and tries to start a catfight with the POTUS so they can become news it's time to walk away. That's what happened yesterday.

That last question wasn't a question. It was out of order. Typically Trump would cry 'FAKE NEWS,' and argue leading to him becoming 'Unpresidential.' He didn't do that this time and you're complaining about it after three years of whining about him unpresidential.

You complain about everything they guy does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you watch the video?

May 12, 2020, 9:16 AM

I agree she tried to pick a fight.

Then he pointed to another woman reporter. She went to ask her question. He realized she was from CNN then quickly said next and pointed to the OANN reporter in the back.

When she insisted that, since he called on her, she should be allowed to ask her question, he ended the press conference and walked away.

Re: Did you watch the video?

May 12, 2020, 9:19 AM

How about have a bit of respect for the office. If CNN functioned with that mentality, he might let them ask question. However they just go after an agenda and pick fights.

He had every right to do what he did. This is very simple to understand, which is why it’s hard for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't your president have some respect for the

May 12, 2020, 9:20 AM

office he holds?

Well, he hasn't used the justice department to...

May 12, 2020, 9:35 AM

spy on Joe's campaign.

Why did 'your,' president open an investigation into Trump colluding with Russia when there was exactly zero evidence to predicated an investigation? Why did he have James Rosen jailed for not giving up a news source?

Had Trump started locking up WAPO and NYT reporters when the Mueller team started leaking the two might be comparable. You cry about Trump being 'presidential,' yet he has never jailed a reporter to try and get them to give up their sources.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great deflection to Obama

May 12, 2020, 9:37 AM

makes it easy when you can't defend Trump's actions.

So you know Obama weaponized his justice department...

May 12, 2020, 10:09 AM

and his state department to confound, frustrate and remove a political opponent...and Trump is a POS for arguing with reporters and walking away instead of getting in a catfight with them?

Please!

Can you provide any documents proving this about Obama?

May 12, 2020, 10:11 AM

Not news articles. Documents

Re: Why don't your president have some respect for the

May 12, 2020, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Why don't your president have some respect for the ]

oh here we go with the "not my president" spin.

how about not changing the subject and stick to your main point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why doesn't the president

May 12, 2020, 10:00 AM

hold respect for the office he holds?

I watched the entire press conference.

May 12, 2020, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Did you watch the video? ]

That had been building up for a while. Spooneye accused me of not watching press conferences and claim that people who wanted to deceive me were snipping things instead of reporting all the facts. That made me part of a huge problem because I committed some sort of treason for presenting half baked videos which added to the problem.

The problem is that no matter what Trump does those who didn't want him to become president are going to criticize him. Every step of the way, every syllable from his mouth and every decision he makes is wrong to you, brother.

Imo, that's impossible. It's impossible for anyone to be 100% wrong 100% of the time.

Trump ending that press conference was being exactly 'Presidential.' The only thing to do with a grandstanding 'reporter,' who was deadset on becoming news rather than reporting news was to end the event.

Obama was always presidential, right? So ####### wrong. Obama was more vicious than Trump when it came to hostile news orgs.

"Former President Barack Obama stood up for a free press in his first political speech of the 2018 campaign season, but he engaged in a bit of revisionist history when it came to his administration’s dealings with Fox News.

“It shouldn’t be Democratic or Republican to say that we don’t threaten the freedom of the press because they say things or publish stories we don’t like,” Obama said in a Sept. 7 speech in Illinois. “I complained plenty about Fox News, but you never heard me threaten to shut them down or call them enemies of the people.”

The Democratic president did more than complain. His administration at times took action against the cable network. The Obama Justice Department surveilled one of Fox News’ reporters, and a White House spokesman acknowledged excluding Fox News from interviews.

And while he may never have called Fox News “enemies of the people” — a phrase President Donald Trump has used repeatedly for the media at large — Obama did say that its “point of view” was “ultimately destructive” to the U.S.

Here are some of the times when the Obama White House took aim at Fox News.

Obama Snubs Chris Wallace

On Sept. 20, 2009, Obama appeared on five Sunday talks show – NBC, CBS, CNN, ABC and Univision to talk about health care. But he did not appear on “Fox News Sunday.”

The snub came less than two weeks after Fox Broadcasting Network did not carry the president’s joint address to Congress on health care. The Sept. 9, 2009, speech was carried by the Fox News Channel, but not the Fox network — which aired an episode of “So You Think You Can Dance,” from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. that night.

Robert Gibbs, the Obama White House press secretary at the time, complained about it during an appearance on “Fox and Friends” prior to the speech.

When it came time to schedule Obama for the post-speech Sunday talk show circuit, Fox News was the only major Sunday show that did not have Obama as a guest.

Then-White House spokesman Josh Earnest deflected questions about why Obama would not appear on “Fox News Sunday” by saying: “We figured Fox would rather show ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ than broadcast an honest discussion about health insurance reform.”

“They are the biggest bunch of crybabies I have dealt with in my 30 years in Washington,” Chris Wallace, anchor of “Fox News Sunday,” said about White House snub.

Obama did not appear on “Fox News Sunday” until his last year in office.

White House Labels Fox News Illegitimate

Anita Dunn, who was then the White House director of communications, told the New York Times in an interview on Oct. 11, 2009, that Fox News was not a legitimate news organization.

“We’re going to treat them the way we would treat an opponent,” Dunn told the Times. “As they are undertaking a war against Barack Obama and the White House, we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave.”

She also said, when asked about snubbing “Fox News Sunday” with Chris Wallace, “we’re not going to legitimize them as a news organization.”

White House Willing to ‘Exclude Fox News’ from Interviews

In October 2009, the Obama administration and Fox News got into a public dispute over whether the Treasury Department intentionally attempted to exclude Fox News from on-camera TV interviews with the administration’s so-called “pay czar,” Kenneth Feinberg.

A Treasury Department spokesman described the dispute as a miscommunication – “much ado about absolutely nothing” – that ended with Fox News interviewing Feinberg on camera for the Oct. 22, 2009, nightly news. Fox News reported that the administration “failed in its attempt to exclude Fox News” only after “the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks consulted and decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included.”

Whatever the intent, White House spokesman Josh Earnest acknowledged that the Obama White House had a history of freezing out Fox News.

A day after the Feinberg flap, Talking Points Memo quoted Earnest as saying, “This White House has demonstrated our willingness to exclude Fox News from newsmaking interviews, but yesterday we did not.”

Obama Calls Fox News ‘Destructive’

Obama may never have called Fox News “enemies of the people,” but he did say that its “point of view” was “ultimately destructive” to the U.S.

In a Rolling Stone magazine interview in 2010, Obama compared Fox News to William Randolph Hearst and his style of so-called “yellow journalism.” He called its point of view “ultimately destructive for the long-term growth” of the U.S.

Rolling Stone: What do you think of Fox News? Do you think it’s a good institution for America and for democracy?

Obama: [Laughs] Look, as president, I swore to uphold the Constitution, and part of that Constitution is a free press. We’ve got a tradition in this country of a press that oftentimes is opinionated. The golden age of an objective press was a pretty narrow span of time in our history. Before that, you had folks like Hearst who used their newspapers very intentionally to promote their viewpoints. I think Fox is part of that tradition — it is part of the tradition that has a very clear, undeniable point of view. It’s a point of view that I disagree with. It’s a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world. But as an economic enterprise, it’s been wildly successful. And I suspect that if you ask Mr. Murdoch what his number-one concern is, it’s that Fox is very successful.

Obama Justice Department Labels Fox News Reporter ‘Co-conspirator’

In 2010, when investigating possible leaks of classified information about North Korea, the Obama Justice Department collected Fox News reporter James Rosen’s telephone and email records and tracked his movements at the State Department, according to the Washington Post.

The Post, which broke the story in 2013, wrote that it had obtained a court affidavit that showed the Justice Department used security badge access records to track Rosen’s visits to the State Department, traced his calls to a department security adviser suspected of sharing classified information, and obtained a search warrant to seize two days’ worth of emails with the department official.

In the affidavit for a search warrant, FBI agent Reginald Reyes said there was evidence that Rosen — the chief Washington correspondent for Fox News — broke the law. Reyes described Rosen as “either as an aider, abettor and/or co-conspirator.”

“Search warrants like these have a severe chilling effect on the free flow of important information to the public,” First Amendment lawyer Charles Tobin told the Washington Post.

In a statement, Michael Clemente, Fox News’ executive vice president of news, said the news organization was “outraged to learn today that James Rosen was named a criminal co-conspirator for simply doing his job as a reporter.”

On its website, Fox News ran Clemente’s statement along with supportive quotes from journalists and editorial board writers from major news organizations, including the New York Times.

“With the decision to label a Fox News television reporter a possible ‘co-conspirator’ in a criminal investigation of a news leak, the Obama administration has moved beyond protecting government secrets to threatening fundamental freedoms of the press to gather news,” the New York Times editorial board wrote.

The Post report on the Justice Department’s investigation involving Rosen came not long after the Justice Department seized two months of telephone records of reporters and editors at the Associated Press. Gary Pruitt, the AP’s chief executive officer, called the action “unconstitutional.”

The actions taken in the cases involving Fox News and the AP went to a larger issue of the Obama administration’s aggressive prosecutions of leaks.

“Under the Obama administration, charges were brought against at least eight government employees or contractors accused of leaking information to the media, and several journalists were snared in the process through subpoenas to testify or surveillance of their records,” the Committee to Protect Journalists wrote last year. “After public outcry, the Department of Justice released revised standards for subpoenaing reporters.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/09/obama-fox-news-and-the-free-press/

All Trump did was walk away and he's what?

Didn't I say that I agree the reporter was ridiculous?

May 12, 2020, 9:35 AM

What does Obama have to do with Trump's behavior other than standing in direct contradicting of it?

And yes I can't stand the man and think he has disgraced the office of the President. tigermanac® and other conservatives are all about "give respect to the office" but maybe the President should give respect to the office he holds.

And I don't respect the people who think this man deserves respect, or any government official for that matter. They are there to be ridiculed relentlessly and absolutely should be.

Trump is the weak man's version of a strong man.

The WH reporters are not reporting but instigating***

May 12, 2020, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Did you watch the video? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

May 12, 2020, 9:56 AM

It's also sad how easy it is to get under the President's skin and cause a reaction.

Not very leaderly

Re: I agree

May 12, 2020, 10:04 AM

User Logo
FBCoachSC®
Hall of Famer [20499]
TigerPulse: 100%
I agree
Posted: May 12, 2020 9:56 AM

It's also sad how easy it is to get under the President's skin and cause a reaction.

Not very leaderly

lmfao. the guy comes out there every freaking day and answers the most inane got ya questions ever thought of. i am totally amazed that he keeps his cool as well as he does. hey, we know you snowflakes hate the guy but get used to it for 4.5 more years. then you can complain about the 1st woman president for 8 more years.

Being that conservatives have had Media bias for decades

May 12, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to I agree ]

with no one to fight back, cons have been dying for someone to fight back like Trump.

But with that said, he could do it more effectively, but it is what it is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw that.

May 12, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to I saw that. ]

A strong president and a good leader doesn't walk away no matter how dumb he finds the question to be. He's there to speak to the American people.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

It wasn't a dumb question.

May 12, 2020, 10:06 AM

It was hostile and the reported were trying to be the news instead of reporting the news. He refused to argue with them. If he continues to shut down pressers when reporter abandon the desire to report news in lieu of becoming new the press corp should throw the people out who are just there to make news.

He was presidential to walk away instead of doing what he typically does and scrap with them like a 13 year old girl.

How was it hostile?***

May 12, 2020, 10:14 AM

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You know the best way to keep a reporter from being the news

May 12, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to It wasn't a dumb question. ]

??

Answer the question artfully and move the #### on. But children are incapable of doing that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He treats the reporters with the same respect with which they treat him

May 12, 2020, 11:46 AM

Re: I saw that.

May 12, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to I saw that. ]

When a reporter ceases to ask questions which lead to news and tries to start a catfight with the POTUS so they can become news it's time to walk away. That's what happened yesterday.

That last question wasn't a question. It was out of order. Typically Trump would cry 'FAKE NEWS,' and argue leading to him becoming 'Unpresidential.' He didn't do that this time and you're complaining about it after three years of whining about him unpresidential.

You complain about everything they guy does.

I really, really want some of what yer smokin. The question that was asked, did lead to news, just not the news that Trump supporters like. It was a fair question. 80,000 people have died so far, over a million infected and Trump declares "we've won the race on testing".

Where was all that testing back in January when the WHO offered us millions of tests, or the face masks that a U.S. company offered to take out of mothballs 4 plants that could have produced 1 million face masks a day? Now those are pretty good questions, but big cry baby would just take his tiny balls and go home...

You libs just can reconcile with the fact that Barry

May 12, 2020, 10:07 AM

Was an abject failure....
1) Red line p*ssy
2) Great Apologizer
3) Obamacare
4) Reverse rassist policies

Re: You libs just CANT reconcile with the fact that Barry

May 12, 2020, 10:08 AM

5) Iran

Re: You libs just CANT reconcile with the fact that Barry

May 12, 2020, 10:12 AM

What has Trump accomplished with Iran?

Re: You libs just can reconcile with the fact that Barry

May 12, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to You libs just can reconcile with the fact that Barry ]

More jobs were created in his last 3 years than Trump did in his first 3 years.

Healthcare costs have skyrocketed under Trump. What has Trump accomplished with healthcare?

Yeah but my CEO got a massive tax break

May 12, 2020, 10:12 AM

and any day now it's going to trickle down to me.

AND DONT FORGET ABOUT HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 12, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to You libs just can reconcile with the fact that Barry ]

I mean, COME ON, SHE SHOULD BE IMPEACHED!!!!!!!!!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic