Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know, I used to like the MyPillow guy and thought...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

You know, I used to like the MyPillow guy and thought...

Mar 31, 2020, 9:59 AM

All the hate he and his company received because of his support for Trump was unfair.

But now, screw that guy. Trump trotted him out (for some reason) when we need to hear actual experts talk about coronavirus, and we went into this diatribe.

"God gave us grace on November 8, 2016, to change the course we were on. Taken out of our schools and lives, a nation had turned its back on God."

No. Our country didn't turn its back on God. Our country is overwhelmingly Christian. God wasn't taken out of schools (forced, compulsory worship of God was removed from schools in the 60s as it #### well should have been). God certainly hasn't been taken out of anyone's life. Just another case of made-up persecution by our nation's most dominant group.

"With our great president, vice president and this administration and all the great people in this country praying daily, we will get through this and get back to a place that’s stronger and safer than ever."

So with the previous statement and reading between the lines on the next one, I'm assuming he's insinuating that coronavirus is part of God's wrath (or, maybe, just God letting it happen since we 'turned our backs' on him). But if we just pray and get back to God, we'll be okay?

#### that guy and his pillows.

Actually, I still kind of want one of those pillows.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/30/my-pillow-lindell-trump-coronavirus-156335

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You must not have heard him on Hannity's radio show

Mar 31, 2020, 10:01 AM

I don't care what his political views are or how he wants to put them out there. If he feels like that is a good business decision then fine.

But Trump is turning these press conferences into his rallies and patting himself on the back. We need to hear from the experts. Not a former crackhead business guy telling us how great of a President we supposedly have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Yep...

Mar 31, 2020, 10:04 AM

He's not only turn them into commercials for certain private businesses, but he's trotting out people who will lick his butt.

Could you imagine an FDR, or a Reagan, or a Kennedy, or an Eisenhower handling this crisis?

Instead, we get the horrific timing of landing the most narcissistic and one of the worst presidents in history.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

But his ratings are YUGE!!!***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to You must not have heard him on Hannity's radio show ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not fair, in my opinion.

Mar 31, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to You must not have heard him on Hannity's radio show ]

I actually saw this press conference and the pillow guy was brought out along with a series of other CEOs whose companies have either voluntarily or through government request upended their production to make items to support the fight against COVID-19. I thought it was great. A quick shout out to the private sector and all they are doing to help America. Each CEO made some nice remarks and plugged their company a bit. Works for me. These briefings are on all the time...They don’t have to simply update the number of infected/tested/deceased.

The pillow guy went a bit off ###### and Trump stepped to the mic after his comments to say that he didn’t know he would be making those comments though he appreciated them and that pillow guy (Mike?) was a friend of his (it came across to me as an explanation for the glowing comments). Trump didn’t do that after any other CEO so it looked to like he knew that was a bit overkill and wanted to comment on it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Why are they even there?

Mar 31, 2020, 2:05 PM

Seems like with the social distancing and travel guidelines these CEOs should be at home and having meetings via teleconferencing with the President.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know, I used to like the MyPillow guy and thought...

Mar 31, 2020, 10:06 AM

You’re probably unaware that he was once a down-and-out drug addict who turned his life around through Christianity to become a success story. Now he’s showing his gratitude and giving back. Don’t try to ruin his story because you don’t understand what he’s talking about.

Oh, I am quite aware.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:11 AM

That's why I liked the guy and thought criticism of him was unfair. You know, try reading my post, Memphis.

But when he trots his happy ### out on the mic during the middle of a crisis and starts telling us this is because we turned our backs on God? GTFO and go sell more pillows. Let us hear from the experts.

If you don't have a pillow from him you're probably not...

Mar 31, 2020, 10:09 AM

going to get one. You might benefit from the mask his company is making now. Don't let his attitude toward God prevent you from wearing one. Imo, the mask will be a high quality as any.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would I wear a mask?

Mar 31, 2020, 10:12 AM

The masks aren't keeping you from getting it.

His attitude toward God is the reason he shouldn't be trotted out like a pony when people are tuning in for information about a crisis.

The mask will keep you from giving it to someone else

Mar 31, 2020, 11:42 AM

it will also help you keep the virus out of your body.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm keeping myself home but the day will come when...

Mar 31, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Why would I wear a mask? ]

all reasonable people will dawn mask to prevent the spread. Mask protect others from you. Don't you won't others to wear mask to protect you? When this is dying down we can return to public life early if we have mask to protect one another. You may owe the guy a grain of gratitude someday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just LOLing at "boy, do you sell those pillows."***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm confused, what did he do wrong or bad?***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm confused, what did he do wrong or bad?***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:14 AM

He supports Trump and talks about God.. What more do you need?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

It's nothing he did wrong. I mean he proselytized

Mar 31, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to I'm confused, what did he do wrong or bad?*** ]

but what do you expect a hardcore christian to do when given a mic?

I more blame Trump for walking these people out here to talk about how good Trump is doing when we could be using this time to hear from the experts.

I like your funny words magic man

He's trying to help the frontline workers. POS libbies need

Mar 31, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to I'm confused, what did he do wrong or bad?*** ]

and want them to suffer.

Guy in white house bad

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Yeah, last thing I'd like to do as a business owner is

Mar 31, 2020, 10:15 AM

cozy up to any politician, even one I agree with. Nope.

But the My Pillow guy's story is really interesting. A former crack addict, alcoholic, whatever, literally on skid row, and he got his #### together and became successful. Very interesting and inspiring story, and much more inspiring than his little speech with Trump. IMO Trump can't hold a candle to what the My Pillow guy has done. Trump is the smaller man there on that stage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me stop you all right here.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:18 AM

Based on you and Memphis's response. I know y'all are all foaming at the mouth to start going on and on about his amazing story. I predict three more replies from Trumpies who didn't read my post.

I know his story. I get it. Yeah, it's great. I even said in my post that I liked him.

But A. Trotting him out there was dumb and irrelevant. B. His little speech was stupid.

It's not what we need now.

he stopped when he hit post message***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:40 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna be honest here......if I believe this virus to be

Mar 31, 2020, 10:20 AM

a serious issue, and I do, then I think he could trot out a devil worshiping communist and I'd be grateful if the guy was using his business to help the effort. I'll worry about his personal and ideological shortcomings later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool. You do you.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:23 AM

I have a problem with the President putting a guy like this on a national stage when we are in a crisis and letting him spout out incorrect information about Christianity in America while insinuating this happened because we turned our backs on God.

That's a problem and shouldn't happen. Let's hear from the people who have solutions, not a half-assed Southern Baptist Sunday School lesson.

Re: Cool. You do you.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:27 AM

I wish we had Singapore or Finland's Gods, they seem to have gone a lot easier on them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My German Shepherd's name is 'Thor'... Good luck charm?***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My German Shepherd's name is 'Thor'... Good luck charm?***

Mar 31, 2020, 1:03 PM

Only if he has a bitchin' hammer.

That's his legit belief. Candidates for office are trotting

Mar 31, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Cool. You do you. ]

out their belief that this virus wouldn't have been a problem if we already had socialized medicine.

That's their legit belief.

Both are following the "never let a crisis go to waste" mantra, which drives me nuts, but like I said, I'm going to give you a temporary pass if someone is making a sincere effort at helping the issue.

I'd say that churning out 50k masks a day makes him someone who has a solution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay, valid point, I'll amend.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:31 AM

Good on him for adding to the effort. His opinion is insensitive for this crisis, but someone else gave him the mic.

So, kudos to his efforts. I think the president can just mention that and move on to the experts.

fair enough, seems reasonable.***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:36 AM

at first i thought you might be tongue in cheek. but i guess

Mar 31, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Cool. You do you. ]

not

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for your opinion...

Mar 31, 2020, 10:26 AM

Superb posting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're welcome. Glad I made your day.***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:27 AM

You never disappoint....

Mar 31, 2020, 10:30 AM

I'll check back tomorrow to find out how I should feel on the next topic.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could just sign up for my newsletter...

Mar 31, 2020, 10:32 AM

And get them sent straight to your inbox.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:28 AM

the crackhead delivered the most important message

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My issue is

Mar 31, 2020, 10:30 AM

everyone thinks it's such a great story.

You know who really has a great story? All the people we never hear about that didn't have to become a crackhead before getting saved and then going on to do great things.

This "great message" to kids is "Hey, I can party like the devil as long as I straighten myself out in the end."

It's wonderful when the lost get back on the straight and narrow but so much better to have never strayed - and yes I know the lesson of the prodigal son and I feel the same way bout that story. I used to be a youth programs director at a church and more than one kid told me it was way cooler to be the prodigal than the jealous brother so they were going to party on!

That's a good point. I also think that we

Mar 31, 2020, 10:39 AM

never give enough credit to people who grow up in a life a crime, become wildly successful at their profession, and either get killed by a rival or die in prison.

Commitment and singularity of purpose are seriously underrated these days.

Re: My issue is

Mar 31, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to My issue is ]

Yeah, why do all those "saved" folks are have the same backstory. Is it required to be a drunk,druggie,thief,criminal ##### as requirement #1 to be saved. How come nobody hears of the normal guy/gal being saved.

There is no difference between a crackho or her pimp and...

Mar 31, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to My issue is ]

the most moral lost person. In fact, the Bible says our righteousness is as filthy rags, comparing us to the rags used to wrap wounds with. Another fact is that even after one's soul is washed in the Blood the man's righteousness is still like filthy rags. It is the righteousness of Christ that hides us from God's judgment.

I'm sorry you hate a home made American business

Mar 31, 2020, 10:39 AM

that went from scratch to incredibly successful.

Certainly doesn't fit the liberal model.

Get a fuckking grip.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Yep. That's exactly what I said.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:42 AM

I wonder how some of you finished the eighth grade with your reading comprehension.

"But now, screw that guy."

Mar 31, 2020, 10:49 AM

Your quote, not mine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I didn't say I hated him, did I?

Mar 31, 2020, 10:52 AM

And I don't care what your success story is, telling people this crisis is happening because we turned our backs on God is a ###### message. And screw you if you spout it.

But as I said above, the blame is more on the person who trotted him out there.

I get it. You'll resort to cheap "OMG you're attacking a success story!" when someone has an opinion you don't like without realizing what's actually being addressed.

Your quote speaks for itself.***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:57 AM

You'll get over it.***

Mar 31, 2020, 10:59 AM

Sadly, you wont.***

Mar 31, 2020, 2:10 PM

You're the only one crying about it, bruh.***

Mar 31, 2020, 7:16 PM

Actually, I change my response.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry you hate a home made American business ]

I'm pretty sure you know I wasn't saying that, but you're intentionally lying and claiming that. Straw manning is a huge strategy of the Trump camp.

Re: Actually, I change my response.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:53 AM

llort might come back as StrawManning lol

The Narrow Door

Mar 31, 2020, 11:08 AM

The Narrow Door
(Matthew 7:13-14)

22Then Jesus traveled throughout the towns and villages, teaching as He made His way toward Jerusalem. 23“Lord,” someone asked Him, “will only a few people be saved?”

Jesus answered, 24“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able. 25After the master of the house gets up and shuts the door, you will stand outside knocking and saying, ‘Lord, open the door for us.’

But he will reply, ‘I do not know where you are from.’

26Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27And he will answer, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from. Depart from me, all you evildoers.’

28There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves are thrown out. 29People will come from east and west and north and south, and will recline at the table in the kingdom of God. 30And indeed, some who are last will be first, and some who are first will be last.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 11:09 AM

I’m wonderIng how he came up with “my pillow” . Crackheads don’t sleep

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Mar 31, 2020, 11:31 AM

Italian Trulli

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 11:33 AM

wonder where the flex seal guy stands

I hear this a lot, that we are nationally "turning back

Mar 31, 2020, 11:38 AM

to God". I don't see it. From my observations, I've never seen professed Christians acting less Christ-like than I do in the last few years, and increasingly worse.

Re: I hear this a lot, that we are nationally "turning back

Mar 31, 2020, 1:08 PM

If one looked close enough and was astute in observation that was always there.

Mar 31, 2020, 12:25 PM

The problem with such an approach

Mar 31, 2020, 1:58 PM

Is that making this hypothesis assumes that God is also punishing devout Christians and their family with a horrible tragedy.

It also makes no sense that God would send this virus to punish a nation that is overwhelmingly Christian.

And if he wanted to punish America, he would have done it upon our creation when we made it clear that government and religion shouldn't intertwine.

But I may have to take you up on the pillows. Do they help with snoring?

Re: The problem with such an approach

Mar 31, 2020, 2:12 PM

Re: The problem with such an approach

Mar 31, 2020, 7:17 PM

But we are talking punishment. Plague. Punishment from God.

That makes no sense in this case, and that doesn't really mesh with what Pillow dude is peddling.

Does anyone on here actually own a "MyPillow"?

Mar 31, 2020, 1:26 PM

if so, is it the best pillow you've ever owned?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no recollection of ever buying a pillow.

Mar 31, 2020, 2:42 PM

I know I have one, but I don't know where it came from. It's just always been, as far as I can remember.

Eww. Sounds like it's time to get a new one.***

Mar 31, 2020, 3:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes

Mar 31, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Does anyone on here actually own a "MyPillow"? ]

and no.

still have it tho.

SheGUAR made me throw away my favorite pillow years ago, and I haven't found anything near it since.

granted, it weighed 10lbs, probably mostly of 30years worth of dust mites, dead skin, and congealed drool, and the fabric would essentially disintegrate if you weren't careful.

You see his commercial with the couple who can't sleep?

Mar 31, 2020, 3:11 PM

He appears to them in their mirror (like he's candyman) and takes them to their bedroom where he beds the wife/woman and then the man (to use the pillow). Miraculously, it works and they start getting better sleep. Then it takes a Twilight Zone/Black Mirror type twist in that the man who couldn't sleep starts to dress like the MyPillow guy even down to the same shirt and necklace. It's like the start of a cult. They even have a chant they say together, "You're looking good!" "Feeling Good!" "I knew you would!"

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IGvp/my-pillow-premium-best-sleep-of-your-life-bogo

It's amusingly creepy.

Re: You see his commercial with the couple who can't sleep?

Mar 31, 2020, 3:46 PM

lol

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic