Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Small leak from upstairs bathroom has stained the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 369

Small leak from upstairs bathroom has stained the

Jun 29, 2020, 3:04 PM

drywall in my gourmet kitchen's very tall and chef inspired kitchen. It was a slow drip, and it went on for a week while I was out of town. Just let it dry out and paint over it, or do I need to cut out the drywall and replace?
(You read that right, I have two floors, in addition to a basement AND I can drive out of town in a vehicle that sits 3 comfortably, much like your mom.)

Serious and and joking replies welcome.

Please identify a joking reply with the subject line "I don't know nothing about drywall, but I love me some #####, so..."

Please identify a serious reply with "I'm hear to help, and I love slaying the snizz on the reg, so..."

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to spell it "hear" on account of how much snizz you

Jun 29, 2020, 3:05 PM

have to wade through to get to the keyboard.

Serious answer

Jun 29, 2020, 3:06 PM

replace with pallets

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Do pallets make a good platform for shipping and unloading

Jun 29, 2020, 3:08 PM

all those dinks into your mouth and anoos?

Does UDP make the hoses?

Jun 29, 2020, 3:07 PM

Asking for a friend. They only last 4 years, hth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couple of coats of Kilz 2...

Jun 29, 2020, 3:07 PM

Then paint over it.

your mom's gotta leak***

Jun 29, 2020, 3:11 PM

How do you suppose that happened?***

Jun 29, 2020, 3:17 PM

She isn't doing her kegals***

Jun 29, 2020, 3:21 PM

It was a big leak

Jun 29, 2020, 3:21 PM

and sorry I missed the toilet but I was drunk.

I’ll pee out the window next time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Put some bleach on it first.***

Jun 29, 2020, 3:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED Also, I love slaying da snizz on the reg

Jun 29, 2020, 3:41 PM

I, too, have 2 floors and a basement.

got me a sump basin & pump adjacent to (and serving) the basement bathroom (that's right)....said basin is simply placed in a rectangular pit of poured concrete walls, rather than in gravel w/ the slab poured to the edge of it...

As i'd been working like a muhfug over the wknd in my basement office (you heard correctly) I noticed it was a tad musty, so I checked the closet where the sump is....AND THAT MUHFUG PIT IS FULL OF WATER....

NOT the basin itself (which seems to be intact, and the pump functioning - I ran all the basement plumbing, and no additional water visibly flowed into the pit, and the pump was continuously actuating as needed)

so, is it groundwater?? 2.5 years in this house and I've never seen this...granted, it was probably the 5th time I've looked in there over that duration...

I shopvac'd about 15 6 gallon shop-vacs (ok, so kinda UDP) worth out...it wasn't all of it, but enough to observe any change....ran the bathtub down there for about 10 minutes....no change in water level.....checked it at 2am (about 8 hours after the shopvac-ing) and it was still at the level I left it at...

8:30 yesterday morning, bewm...filled back up to about 6" below the slab.

so I'm guessing groundwater....

Even better, whatever deepsheets built this house (i know who it was) framed the sump closet wall OVER the pit (like, spanning the opening), and infilled the exposed pit on the 'finished' side of the wall w/ a 2x6....and then propped that up w/ 2x4 jack studs (lutz) that are in the pit....and therefore IN THE WATER. It's soaked. There's....stuff growing on it. And because sitting stagnant (ground?) water, there're bugs.

so, can I just paint over it?

F.M.L.

I don't know nothing about drywall, but I love me some #####

Jun 29, 2020, 3:44 PM

so good luck

Hey

Jun 29, 2020, 4:03 PM

Believe it or not what you have there is a classic case of a

Jun 29, 2020, 4:13 PM [ in reply to CHALLENGE ACCEPTED Also, I love slaying da snizz on the reg ]

poltergeist. There's really nothing you can do short of having a voodoo witch queen come and summon it out of your basement, and even then there's no guarantee that it won't suck your kids into the TV set and suspend them in an alternate dimension while it sets about eating your soul and causing you to languish in horrifying misery trapped somewhere between the physical and spiritual realm for all eternity.

I'm just glad I caught your post and was able to diagnose the problem, because helping is what I do.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fixing the leak is easy.

Jun 29, 2020, 3:46 PM

Get your father in law to swap the bidet for a new one at Big Lots. The doodoo water should stay in the bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm hear to help, and I love slaying the snizz on the reg, s

Jun 29, 2020, 4:07 PM

Knock that molding drywall out. What the #### are you? A poor? IT done ###### up your insolation two so their's that.

Just cut it out in a circle and replace with long brass poll. Doubles as a quick way to get to the gourmet kitchen AND a fancy accessory for wimmens to smear their snizz on and get it slimey.

i know nothing bout drywall but you prolly need to just

Jun 29, 2020, 4:39 PM

accidentally burn the hole house down and file an insurance claim.

Replies: 17
| visibility 369
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic