Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feaster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Feaster

May 10, 2019, 5:29 AM

What is the motivation for TF to transfer away from a national championship team? I don't get it!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enough plays to get drafted

May 10, 2019, 5:38 AM

Look at Jacobs from Alabama. He was the backup and got drafted in the first round.

But he ran close to half the plays.

The split between Feaster and our #1 is much bigger, partially because #3 and #4 took some carries too.

It seems to me he would do best to redshirt a year, bond with the new team, and master the playbook. Then play in 2020.

He's #2 at Clemson, all-time, in yards per carry. He could excel; I hope he picks the right path to get more carries and play his way into being a top NFL pick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Enough plays to get drafted

May 10, 2019, 5:42 AM

No way should he sit the season out. He should go to Oklahoma and play immediately and get ready for the NFL draft the following year.

May 10, 2019, 9:04 AM

They have Sermon and Brooks returning and bring in a good JUCO kid. Not the place for Feaster if he wants to be the feature back.

May 10, 2019, 6:12 AM [ in reply to Enough plays to get drafted ]

I don’t think the nfl values more carries in a season to get drafted. If you’re an nfl rb then you will get drafted. No need to leave to get more carries. Call it what if is. His ego is hurt. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing to have an ego as an elite athlete but it can get too big and cause poor decision making. The nfl looks at FB as a find a dozen now. Not valued like they once were.

May 10, 2019, 9:48 AM

I would hardly classify Feaster as having a big ego. It's actually quite the opposite. He injured his shoulder and it actually weakened his ego...he spent the better part of a year scared to put his shoulder down and hit anyone when running (he's even admitted that in interviews). During that time, Etienne seized his opportunity and never looked back and became the main back for the team (getting 204 carries last year to Feaster's 78).

With Travis being listed as a Heisman contender this year and Dixon in his second year coming on strong, I wouldn't predict Feaster would be getting any more of a percentage of carries than he did last year, so he's just moving on to become the feature back somewhere for his last eligible year. Hard to fault him.

May 10, 2019, 10:43 AM

Again like my previous post the nfl isn’t looking for more carries tobdeadt you. He’s not going anywhere and getting 20-30 carries a game. Not sure why he or anyone else would want to do that. He’ll go somewhere with inferior coaching and an inferior s&c program that will not have the spotlight of CU. Seems like it’s all ego driven to me looking from the outside. Unfortunate for him and and this CU team if he does decide to leave. I hope he stays. I think he’s an asset to the team. I’m a fan of his and pulling for him.

Reality set in

May 10, 2019, 7:12 AM

Feaster has believed he was the best RB on the field his entire life. And he was one of the best high school RBs I've ever seen. But, everyone that pays attention to Clemson football knows that ETN was better when he took his first handoff. We were all frustrated during ETN's freshman year because he wasn't getting enough touches. Now, after ETN's sophomore year, he is a legitimate Heisman candidate. His production can't be ignored. His YPC is ridiculous and much better than Feasters.

It's a tough situation because we are all pulling for Feaster. No matter what he does, he will not be drafted higher than ETN. Hopefully, he knows that leaving Clemson won't improve his draft position. It could be he just wants to get more carries every game. And if it's as simple as that, then he can leave Clemson with his degree and 2 national championship rings; and go to a smaller school where he can get 30+ touches per game and have more fun playing football. Either way, he's a class act and I wish him nothing but the best.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It isn't about getting drafted higher than ETN

May 10, 2019, 7:14 AM

You don't know that it won't help his draft stock to leave.

Re: Reality set in

May 10, 2019, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Reality set in ]

I have also seen this kid in high school throw balls at his linemen when they missed a block.I have also seen him sit out plays because he was upset for that same reason. I just feel like Feaster has always had a sense of entitlement about him. No doubt about it he was a great back in high school, but unfortunately being a great back does lead to a sense of entitlement. But the fact of the matter is getting the ball to the outside and out running everybody does not always translate on the college level. Also what Feaster did well in high school was catch out of the back field and for whatever reason we never really utilized him this way at Clemson. But 2 Natty's in 3 years no way I can question how anyone is utilized.

You have to see why

May 10, 2019, 7:15 AM

He wants more touches to be able to put tape out there for the NFL. If anything his touches would likely decrease this year because Lyn-J has certainly earned more and ETN could very well be on a Heisman campaign. Jacobs is an extremely rare example of a non-starting RB going early in the draft.

Re: You have to see why

May 10, 2019, 8:26 AM

This also was not a very strong running back draft, whereas I think next year will be. I know as a grad transfer that he is eligible immediately but considering how late the change would be, could he be thinking about sitting out a year anyhow and going into a draft that might be more advantageous?

2 ways to look at it

May 10, 2019, 8:35 AM

But from what I’ve seen this is a pretty top heavy RB draft (ETN, Taylor at Wisconsin, etc) so it could boost his value if those guys go early and then the teams that need RB’s have to reach a little higher.

IMO, it doesn’t make sense to just sit out a year and be older trying to get drafted.

I don't know. 2017 was a LOADED recruiting cycle for RBs

May 10, 2019, 10:07 AM

and all of those guys are eligible next year. Some have had more success than others thus far, but that doesn't mean a guy like Cam Akers won't be looked at pretty hard.

Here are some notable guys from the Rivals 250 in 2017:

Najee Harris
Cam Akers
D'Andre Swift
JK Dobbins
Trey Sermon
Jonathan Taylor (as you mentioned)

The 2016 recruiting cycle had very, very little in comparison. No 5* backs at all per Rivals, only 7 in the top 250, and only 1 of those guys (Holyfield) went on to do much of anything, and even he didn't get drafted.

BTW i still agree 100% that sitting out a year is crazy

May 10, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to 2 ways to look at it ]

Nobody is going to overreact and reach that far for a RB in a down draft like they would a QB (*cough* Daniel Jones *cough*). I also think loaded classes really just impact the guys at the top. Feaster wasn't going to be one the very top RB prospects in any draft class and by the time you get to the middle and late rounds of the drafts teams are drafting much more for value than need. If he gets graded as, say, a 5th rounder for the 2020 draft, he would likely still be a 5th rounder in 2021.

If there's any hope for him improving his actual draft grade (not his position among RBs because that's not really too important with him), it's transferring somewhere that he can be the #1 back for a season.

Much more succinct version of what I was trying to say

May 10, 2019, 10:27 AM

All those high end backs wouldn’t cause a team to reach way up in the draft to take Feaster. But I also don’t think a top heavy draft class would push him down in the draft either. I really don’t see him going earlier than day 3 but a year of starter carries could make the difference between a 4th rounder and a 6th.

Also the names of the other RB’s draft eligible this year had escaped me so thank you for providing that list. Barring major injury, hard to see Feaster going before them regardless of where he plays this year.

Re: Feaster

May 10, 2019, 8:11 AM

Not sure but I watched him with his team during Dabo Games at Dabo’s youth camp and he was really high energy and made it fun with his team. Seemed like a real good dude. I had latched on to him and Cornell Powell during recruiting a few years back and hoped they were going to be great. Maybe they still will be. I’m thinking a lot of guys from 4-5 years ago had no idea that the overall talent level and competition would end up being what it is now though.

Ego

May 10, 2019, 8:20 AM

He has his degree and a box of rings.

Wish him well

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 8:24 AM

I'm not in the camp that thinks transferring is the best thing for the guy. I can't think of a single transfer that has excelled at their new school. I think Hunter Johnson will since he still has 3 years of eligibility. It's going to be hard for Feaster to find a new school where he is getting significantly more carriers than he is now unless he drops down to a group of 5 school where he is vastly superior to the rest of the roster. Wherever he goes he'll be competing against guys that have been in a system for 2-3 years already. It takes all of our RB recruits at least a year before they learn the ropes and see significant play time in meaningful situations.

Cooper had a great year last year***

May 10, 2019, 8:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Feaster ]

Baker Mayfield was a transfer that did quite well.

Should have clarified guys who left the Clemson program

May 10, 2019, 10:57 AM

That was pretty much inferred. Didn't realize I had to spell everything out for mangers

May 10, 2019, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Feaster ]

Going back a ways, Rob Bodine and Trevor Pryce are two we have gotten from other schools who were great for us.

May 10, 2019, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Feaster ]

The last 2 Heisman winners were transfers lmao.

May 10, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Feaster ]

The last 2 Heisman winners were transfers lmao.

May 10, 2019, 9:19 AM

Loves football.Wants more touches.
Knows he won't get them at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 9:32 AM

Feaster is a great guy, alum, and fantastic talent. He is most certainly NFL bound but where in the pay-scale is the interesting question.

Next year at Clemson he will not be in a position to have a lot of attention being a feature back. ETN will be on the Heisman campaign and there are other younger backs to feed. I think he want more touches against other first squads.

If his goal is to be a well-compensated NFL back, he needs more touches and that is more than fine and I support him there. He likely will need to transfer to get a better draft position which is important. He has done his duty for our tigers, 2 rings, and now we let our folks grow.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic