Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson releases post-spring depth chart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson releases post-spring depth chart

Apr 25, 2013, 10:28 AM

Clemson releases post-spring depth chart

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson releases post-spring depth chart

Apr 25, 2013, 10:31 AM

not much competiton for fullback but then once you're #1 there are precious few plays you get in

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2013, 10:40 AM

sending a message to Battle, it appears.

Apr 25, 2013, 10:46 AM

post spring depth charts are worthless

Apr 25, 2013, 4:56 PM

What does that have to do with sending a message to battle?

Darrell Smith is in the action often

Apr 25, 2013, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson releases post-spring depth chart ]

We just don't really use a FB for running, but as a battering ram. Look on our punches up the middle especially in short yardage situation, Darrell IS the battering ram.

How in the world

Apr 25, 2013, 11:17 AM

Is M. Bryant not a starter? I know this is just a post spring depth chart, but he was pretty darn good last year in limited action. Plus he killed it in the spring game. As much as i love Adams, put him 2nd string and Bryant 1st. IMO

Re: How in the world - and the lb who made 13 tackles in

Apr 25, 2013, 11:23 AM

spring game - it was not Burrell was it?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2013, 11:33 AM

its just my opinion guy, no need to be smarta..

- and the lb who made 13 tackles in -Just a question!

Apr 25, 2013, 11:46 AM

not being sarcastic or anything - And I think Adam is a steadier player with great hands. I hope Martavis has a fantastic year, but he has to prove that he can be consistently reliable - he could be as good as Sammy it he puts his mind to it, and hopefully he will! I still don't remember that linebackers name, and pretty sure it was not Burrell. And he was most impressive linebacker i spring game. Peace Savage!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2013, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: How in the world - and the lb who made 13 tackles in ]

They were probably thinking if Sammy gets tired, then the cornerback will have his hands full with the backup WR that will be as fast and big. But I wouldn't mind see them both on the field....Now there is a possibility that Sammy could go to the draft (if he has a great year). So, Martavis will take over that position with the experience required. First, Nuke....then Sammy...then
Martavis. Peake fits the position he holds now, which was held, previously, by Jaron Brown. He needs to continue building strength.

Apr 25, 2013, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: How in the world - and the lb who made 13 tackles in ]

Because it's a spring game. You can't judge your roster and your team based solely on one scrimmage. That's just dumb.

How in the world? It's pretty obvious to me and the coaches

Apr 25, 2013, 11:47 AM [ in reply to How in the world ]

apparently. Bryant has been inconsistant on and off the field. Humphreys has been a stud since his freshman campaign. He is made for that position and proven he can be the man at it. Martavis has speed for the long ball but still has to prove himself IMO. Well see how things stack up from here though b/c Bryant is trending upwards.

Dabo is playing favorites here. Adam is really good

Apr 25, 2013, 11:51 AM

but Martavis Bryant is by far a better weapon. Charone Peake is a better weapon too. All three have awesome hands, but Martavis and Charone are much taller and much faster. I hope we do not under-use them this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is playing favorites here. Adam is really good

Apr 25, 2013, 12:04 PM

Adam runs better routes and BLOCKS Better! Peake and Bryant have much room for improvement on both fronts.

Bryant uses his body way too much when catching the ball

Apr 25, 2013, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Dabo is playing favorites here. Adam is really good ]

leads to inconsistency and drops- not to mention not catching the ball at the highest point-- All 3 have similar speed- AH runs better routes and blocks better. MB has been nothing more than a fly route runner the last 2 years--will see what improvements he can make.

You guys do realize that there are different WR positions

Apr 25, 2013, 12:54 PM [ in reply to How in the world ]

Clemson plays 2 outside and 1 slot receiver. Last season, Nuk and Brown played the outside spots and Sammy played in the slot. This year, Sammy is going to the outside, Charone is taking Brown's spot, and Humphries is playing the slot.

If we play Sammy on the outside, that means we have to have a new slot receiver. Bryant is an outside receiver, so the fact that Humphries is starting has nothing to do with Bryant, because Bryant doesn't play the same position as Humphries. The battle for the slot position was always between Humphries and Hopper.

^^^This - you are correct sir. No reason in my mind that

Apr 25, 2013, 1:06 PM

those two (Watkins & Bryant) couldn't be on the field at the same time, but right now they play the same position. Chad could easily move Watkins to the slot on occasion and keep Bryant on the boundary to get both on the field.

The best news is that we don't have a significant drop off as you move down the WR depth chart which keeps the heat on defenses as they rotate players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They play different positions***

Apr 25, 2013, 1:11 PM [ in reply to How in the world ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How in the world

Apr 25, 2013, 1:16 PM [ in reply to How in the world ]

Bryant has been stellar this spring, and he has earned a starting position. It seems like a little favoritism is in play here.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy and Bryant play the same position

Apr 25, 2013, 1:25 PM

It's not hard to wrap your head around that idea. Bryant is not a slot receiver. If the coaches want Sammy to play outside, then Bryant will not start, unless you think Bryant is a better receiver than Sammy. Peake will be running the routes that Brown ran last season, Sammy will be running Nuk's routes, and Humphries will be running Sammy's routes. There will be plenty of opportunities for Bryant, esp when Clemson goes with 4 WR's, sliding Sammy inside and Bryant to the outside.

Re: How in the world

Apr 25, 2013, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: How in the world ]

On second thought, I retract my previous comment back with apologies to Coach Morris and Coach Swinney. I just misunderstood the offense.

- CoolBreeze

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like Battle needs to step it up,

Apr 25, 2013, 11:26 AM

Also, expect to see a big year out of Peake and hope our DB's play well.

Curious to see how this depth chart compares to the end of Fall. They are probably trying to send some messages to people right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

MacLain

Apr 25, 2013, 11:34 AM

Will win that LT spot giving us the ability to shuffle.

Apr 25, 2013, 12:05 PM

Im pretty sure the LB was Bj Goodson who made 13 tackles! How is he not on the depth chart?

Apr 25, 2013, 1:46 PM

Because it's the spring game you're talking about. They don't just start people because of that.

Apr 25, 2013, 5:00 PM

So what's the point of even releasing a "post-spring depth chart" if it's going to be the same freaking thing as it was in the bowl game, minus those graduating and adding a few new faces?

The implication is that it speaks to the progress shown in the spring. We can only assume guys like Goodson and Bryant have practiced as well as they played in the SG.

So, again - what's the point?

Looks like we have some good players at linebacker who

Apr 25, 2013, 1:04 PM

aren't going to be able to see the field much due to the numbers there.

just 3 Seniors on Offense and 1 on Defense......

Apr 25, 2013, 1:15 PM

WOW!

Apr 25, 2013, 1:45 PM

The reason Humphries is starting is because he plays a different position that Bryant. You guys think it's so easy, just throw any receivers in any position. Martavis is an outside guy and Humphries is a slot guy, Peake, Watkins, Humphries, and Bryant are our top 4 guys and will be on the field A LOT. We run 3-4 receiver sets all game long.

WOOOO !! Seckinger !

Apr 25, 2013, 3:49 PM

I told y'all. But you didn't listen.

Leggett is too short. ;)

Dabo knows receivers.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic